Subject: egcs 1.1.2 build with 1.0.2

From: [email-masked] (Mike Mattice)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:42:31 -0600

I'm trying to build this on a cobalt.
Quick and dirty summary:

/tmp/ccl2C8g8.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccl2C8g8.s:182: Internal error!
Assertion failure in mips_emit_delays at ./config/tc-mips.c line 2231.
Please report this bug.

gcc -v reports:
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/mipsel-redhat-linux/egcs-2.90.27/specs
gcc version egcs-2.90.27 980315 (egcs-1.0.2 release)

Typescript of build attached.

-- 
Mike Mattice - Debian Developer
mailto: [email-masked] [email-masked]
1024D/137A955E print 050C 2D2F A95A 25BB B61F  CD16 EC3B CAC4 137A 955E

---

From: Brady Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 09:27:07 -0700

> gcc version egcs-2.90.27 980315 (egcs-1.0.2 release)

I ran into this same problem about a month ago (Although I was building 1.0.3
from 1.0.2 on different hardware). I spent about 2 weeks working on it and
found no resolution. There were a couple of suggestions posted to mips-linux
which you might try (search for mips_emit_delays). If you find a solution
I would be very interested.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brady Brown ([email-masked])       Work:(801)619-6103
Texas Instruments: Broadband Access Group
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~