Subject: latest xfree86

From: Guido Guenther <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 21:06:21 +0100

Hi,
AFAIK the folks at xfree86 are about to release a new version of X
quiet soon now. Since this will include the newport driver we ''indy 
folks'' should be able to build xfree86 without additional patches from
now on.  Could someone please check this? - it worked for me at last.
How to obtain latest XFree-cvs is described at:
http://sunsite.org.uk/XFree86/cvs/ 
Xnest is currently not building so you might want to add: 
'#define XnestServer NO' to your xc/config/cf/host.def when building
form source(or figure out why the build fails :).

I'll additionally uploaded a precompiled tarball to:
http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/linux-mips/x/test/
You can simply untar it in / and run ldconfig afterwards. I'd be glad if
someone could check out this one too.

Regards,
 -- Guido

---

From: Guido Guenther <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:53:09 +0100

> form source(or figure out why the build fails :).
Has been fixed. Patch can be found at:
http://honk/linux-mips/x/test/xnest.diff
 -- Guido

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 21:16:40 +0100 (MET)

> http://honk/linux-mips/x/test/xnest.diff

 Hmm, I guess the URL won't work for everyone -- could you please check
what's missing?

-- 
+  Maciej W. Rozycki, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland   +
+--------------------------------------------------------------+
+        e-mail: [email-masked], PGP key available        +

---

From: Guido Guenther <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:03:54 +0100

>  Hmm, I guess the URL won't work for everyone -- could you please check
Silly me...
http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/linux-mips/x/test/xnest.diff