Subject: MIPS ext2fs problem.

From: Nicu Popovici <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 16:40:11 -0500

Hello,

I did port the ATLAS support from linux-2.2.12 kernel into linux-2.2.14
. I saw that there is a problem, if I reset the computer in an unusual
way  then at restart it tries to do e2fsck on the hdd. My problem is
that when I run linux 2.2.14 ( for ATLAS , that we ported ) it get
stucked in running e2fsck. Do you have any ideea of what is happening ?

Regards,
Nicu

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 18:46:22 +0100

> stucked in running e2fsck. Do you have any ideea of what is happening ?

Most probably this is a driver or other kernel issues.

  Ralf

---

From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 19:00:58 +0100

> stucked in running e2fsck. Do you have any ideea of what is happening ?

Are you using SCSI disks, and if so, did you merge the
SCSI driver from the MIPS 2.2.12 kernel into your 2.2.14
base?  The standard distribution of that driver wasn't 100%
cache safe for MIPS, and probably still isn't.

            Regards,

            Kevin K.