Subject: CVS Kernel Report - 010117 (2.4.0)

From: Ian Chilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:07:37 +0000

Hello,

I tried booting my Indy yesturday, but with no root fs. Maciej asked me
to try changing something and give him some outputs.

My Indy is off, but my I2 is finished compiling, so I thought I would
try that. The root fs, I have just had booted with 2.4.0-test9 (001027)
with no problem.

My plan was:

Boot the kernel - post output, cpuinfo and iomem
Make DEBUG change, reboot and repost output, cpuinfo and iomem

However, I booted the I2, and got this:

Activating swap...Adding Swap: 64376k swap-space (priority -1)
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 0000002c at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 00000040 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[swapon:13] Illegal instruction 74747978 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[â.ttyx.#.d.d:13] Illegal instruction 74747978 at 88198008 ra=8814b208
[â.ttyx.#.d.d:-2011578176] Illegal instruction 74747978 at 88198008
ra=8814b208
[â.ttyx.#.d.d:-2011483784] Illegal instruction 74747978 at 88198008
ra=8814b208

I am contating home now to get someone to hit the reset. I will boot
with the test9 and disable swap and carry on.

Consider this a bug report  :)

Bye for Now,

Ian

                                \|||/ 
                                (o o)
 /---------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo---------------------------\
 |  Ian Chilton        (IRC Nick - GadgetMan)     ICQ #: 16007717  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |  E-Mail: [email-masked]     Web: http://www.ichilton.co.uk  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |         Budget: A method for going broke methodically.          |
 \-----------------------------------------------------------------/