Subject: Building XFree86 4.0.2?

From: Calvine Chew <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:20:17 +0800

Hello all!

I'm trying to build XFree86 4.0.2 on HardHat 5.1 (unpatched) and I'm looking
at the Mips.cf, which mentions a bootstrapcflag, but the relnotes say
supported configs don't need bootstrapcflag="-DMips" passed to make. If I
pass bootstrap I get a conflict on stdio.h early on (conflicting type
sys_errlist), whereas if I don't pass bootstrapcflag, I get an error around
after 5000 lines of output (undefined references to __libc_accept, etc, from
libpthread.so when trying to make makekeys.c).

Seems to be an incompatible glibc library. Is XFree86 4.0.2 only for glibc
2.1 and above (I believe the raw Hardhat install comes with glibc2.0?)?
Anyone know where I can either grab the 402 binaries or the glibc2.1/2.2
binaries for Hardhat? Thanks!

Regards...

--
Calvine Chew, Technical Consultant
Technology & Industry Consulting Group (Asia South), SGI.
***************************************************************
Inter spem curamque, timores inter et iras, omnem crede diem tibi
diluxisse supremum: grata superveniet quae sperabitur hora.
http://calvine
***************************************************************

---

From: Guido Guenther <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:15:27 +0100

> libpthread.so when trying to make makekeys.c).
I'm running 4.0.2 on glib2.0.6 fine here. There are updated glibc2.0
rpms on oss.sgi.com/mips. With them you can build 4.0.2 without any need
to pass additional flags.
 -- Guido