Subject: strace package

From: Joe deBlaquiere <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 21:11:00 -0600

Has anybody done a port of strace for linux/mips 2.4??? I'm trying to 
debug something and need something simple.
-- 
Joe deBlaquiere
Red Hat, Inc.
307 Wynn Drive
Huntsville AL, 35805
voice : (256)-704-9257
fax   : (256)-837-3839

---

From: Jun Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 19:51:22 -0800

> debug something and need something simple.

strace is included in the MontaVista HHL distribution.  You can find the rpm
and srpm under ftp.mvista.com/pub/CDK?? and/or ftp.mvista.com/pub/area51.

Jun

---

From: Christoph Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Jan 2001 15:40:59 +0100

> debug something and need something simple.

There is a debian package of strace for mips in
ftp://ftp.rfc822.org/pub/local/debian-mips/packages/. It is working
with linux 2.4.

C

-- 
============================================================================
Christoph Martin, Uni-Mainz, Germany
 Internet-Mail:  [email-masked]
--------------export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-3-lines-PERL------------------
#!/usr/bin/perl -sp0777i<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj
$/=unpack('H*',$_);$_=`echo 16dio\U$k"SK$/SM$n\EsN0p[lN*1
lK[d2%Sa2/d0$^Ixp"|dc`;s/\W//g;$_=pack('H*',/((..)*)$/)
#what's this? see http://www.dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/rsa/

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 21:05:08 +0100 (MET)

> and srpm under ftp.mvista.com/pub/CDK?? and/or ftp.mvista.com/pub/area51.

 Thanks for the pointer.

-- 
+  Maciej W. Rozycki, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland   +
+--------------------------------------------------------------+
+        e-mail: [email-masked], PGP key available        +

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 21:11:24 +0100 (MET)

> ftp://ftp.rfc822.org/pub/local/debian-mips/packages/. It is working

 And the sources are at...?

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 06:12:52 -0200

>  And the sources are at...?

See strace.sourceforge.net.

  Ralf

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:40:11 +0100 (MET)

> See strace.sourceforge.net.

 I mean patches for MIPS, of course.  Strace 4.2 does not work for MIPS
out of the box.  The proper source still appears to be
http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/strace/, BTW.

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:44:54 -0200

> http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/strace/, BTW. 

Wiggy somewhen gave me write access to the strace source some time ago, so
I assume that the stuff on sourceforge is now the official CVS.  For MIPS
I was using some CVS snapshot which was working for me out of the box
after I checked in some fixes.  But that's again already some time ago,
things may have changed since then.

  Ralf

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 17:18:46 +0100 (MET)

> things may have changed since then.

 Well, here is most of the information available from the site...

                 Welcome to http://strace.sourceforge.net/

      We're Sorry but this Project hasn't yet uploaded their personal
                                webpage yet.
          Please check back soon for updates or visit SourceForge

 Where is the CVS you refer to?  A working strace would help me a lot.

  Maciej

---

From: Augusto César Radtke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 17:19:33 -0200

>  Where is the CVS you refer to?  A working strace would help me a lot.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/strace
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=2861
	
	Augusto

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 20:39:24 +0100 (MET)

> http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=2861

 Thanks a lot -- these do work!