Subject: sonic driver for 2.4.0-test10-pre5 (fwd)

From: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 08:15:13 +0100 (MET)

When cleaning up my patchqueue I noticed this patch also contains some fixes
(e.g. netif_*() updates) for the Olivetti M700-10 Risc PC sonic driver
(sonic.c). Probably this driver is in bad shape anyway, since it's not
mentioned in drivers/net/Makefile?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- [email-masked]

In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But
when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that.
							    -- Linus Torvalds

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 21:39:26 -0500 (EST)
From: Creasey <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: sonic driver for 2.4.0-test10-pre5
Resent-Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 03:38:19 +0100 (MET)
Resent-From: [email-masked]

I've got the onboard sonic in my Centris 610 working in geert's kernel...

This patch is only known to work for machines with 32bit dma transfer, and
it definatlely won't work on machines which had the sonic registers at an
offset.

ftp://sammy.net/pub/m68k/patches/linux-2.4.0-test10-pre5-sonic.diff.gz

Enjoy.

"UN-altered REPRODUCTION and DISSEMINATION of this IMPORTANT
Information is ENCOURAGED, ESPECIALLY to COMPUTER BULLETIN BOARDS."
	-- Robert E. McElwaine

---

From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 23:59:29 +0100

> mentioned in drivers/net/Makefile?

it's not in the Makefile, because the MIPS part of the driver hasn't been
merged. And I haven't even powered up the M700 for over a year... 

So I'd say forget the M700 part, the last time I looked, there was more code,
which looks non working for it.

Thomas.

-- 
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                 [ Alexander Viro on linux-kernel ]