Subject: 2.4.0 Kernel - Summary

From: Ian Chilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:17:58 +0000

Hello,

So, the outstanding issues so far are:

Major Issues:
- Hang on swap (I get this, Flo doesn't ?)
- Can't reboot (Flo and I get this)

Minor Issues:
- Wierd thing in /proc/cpuinfo (Flo and I get this) 
- Double output on boot ??

Bye for Now,

Ian

                                \|||/
                                (o o)
 /---------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo---------------------------\
 |  Ian Chilton        (IRC Nick - GadgetMan)     ICQ #: 16007717  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |  E-Mail: [email-masked]     Web: http://www.ichilton.co.uk  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |        Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.         |
 \-----------------------------------------------------------------/

---

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:50:34 +0100

> - Can't reboot (Flo and I get this)

I can reboot - but with "reboot -f" which is - Immediate reset
which is not good(tm) for your filesystems. The bug is definitly
a sgiserial.c problem as it doesnt happen on newport console.

Its probably a problem with console and tty output getting mixed.
Definitly a bigger issue as one should merge driver/sbus/zs.c and
driver/sgi/char/sgiserial.c to one driver. (And probably even
the Decstation one)

> - Wierd thing in /proc/cpuinfo (Flo and I get this) 
Fixed ...

Flo
-- 
Florian Lohoff                  [email-masked]             +49-5201-669912
     Why is it called "common sense" when nobody seems to have any?

---

From: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:57:12 +0100 (MET)

> driver/sgi/char/sgiserial.c to one driver. (And probably even

And a zillion other SCC drivers, like e.g. drivers/char/vme_scc.c...

Currently there's one-size-fits-all(?) driver for 16550 (serial.c) and a
collection of SCC drivers spread across the whole tree.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven ------------- Sony Software Development Center Europe (SDCE)
[email-masked] ------------------- Sint-Stevens-Woluwestraat 55
Voice +32-2-7248626 Fax +32-2-7262686 ---------------- B-1130 Brussels, Belgium

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:26:03 +0100 (MET)

> driver/sgi/char/sgiserial.c to one driver. (And probably even

 It's actually deep on my to do list.  We also miss zs DMA support on
DECstation (no idea if it's possible on other platforms) for decent
synchronous support.  DEC claims /240 can do up to 208kbps synchronous --
I wonder if we can achieve this one day.  HDLC support might be
problematic, though, as there is a Z8530 erratum that supposedly turns
this unreliable.

-- 
+  Maciej W. Rozycki, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland   +
+--------------------------------------------------------------+
+        e-mail: [email-masked], PGP key available        +