Subject: My Indy boots!

From: Dave Gilbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 17:10:57 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,
  With thanks to the guys on the #mipslinux IRC channel my Indy (dino) is
booting.

Points:

1) I needed to put an sa=hostip in the bootp to point to my server.
2) The 2.4.x kernels will not boot from Sash on my machine - they are OK
via bootp/tftp.
3) The ncurses in the base off
/ftp.uni-mainz.de/pub/Linux/debian-local/mips/ is duff; but there is a
slightly newer ncurses in there which springs it into life.

(My green gun is going now - but my red is off - time to hack the little
lead for the 13w3).

Dave

-- 
 ---------------- Have a happy GNU millennium! ----------------------   
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert      | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha, | Happy  \ 
\   gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | 68K,MIPS,x86,ARM and SPARC  | In Hex /
 \ ___________________________|___ http://www.treblig.org   |_______/