Subject: Re: Current CVS Kernel Broken on MIPS (010111 - 2.4.0)

From: Ian Chilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 22:57:01 +0000

Hello,

> Such a pile of numbers is pretty useless for debuggin unless accompanied
> with the disassembler listing of the crashing code, System.map or even
> better the kernel binary itself ...

Sorry, I forgot..:

http://files.ichilton.co.uk/linux-010111-IP22-4400.tar.gz

It's all in there, ELF + ECOFF + System.map

Thanks!

Bye for Now,

Ian

                                \|||/ 
                                (o o)
 /---------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo---------------------------\
 |  Ian Chilton        (IRC Nick - GadgetMan)     ICQ #: 16007717  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |  E-Mail: [email-masked]     Web: http://www.ichilton.co.uk  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |         Budget: A method for going broke methodically.          |
 \-----------------------------------------------------------------/

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 21:20:05 -0200

> It's all in there, ELF + ECOFF + System.map

It's a crash during the very early initialization of the kernel, that is
before trap_init() gets called.  __alloc_bootmem_core calls memset with
bogus addresses and that again crashes.  Not very much else I can read
from this crash and not very much I can do without an Indy ...

  Ralf