Subject: pthread in glibc 2.2.1

From: Guido Guenther <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 00:56:42 +0100

Hi,
even the simplest pthread-program dies with a bus error(see attachment)
on my I2.  glibc is 2.2.1(same for 2.1.97), kernel is 2.4.0-test9.
Interesting enough I can't even get a core dump. Any starting points to
track this down?
Regards, 
 -- Guido

---

From: "James McD" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 00:07:32

>From what I have seen the gdb bombs out on 90% of pthread programs as
well. This includes all platforms as far as I am aware. There is a fix
posted on bugzilla stating you need to recompile the gdb from the cvs tree 
and that should fix. However I have had mixed luck.
Hope that helps somewhat!

Sincerely,

James McDermott
>Interesting enough I can't even get a core dump. Any starting points to

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com