Subject: Glibc-error.

From: Nicu Popovici <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 22:29:03 -0500

Hello ,

I am struggling to get glibc 2.1.3 working for mips. I have to do this
so please not redirect me to another glibc. I did a diff between glibc
2.0.6 for mips and glibc 2.1.3 and now I applied the patch obtained on
glibc 2.1.3 . At make I get the following error and I don't know what to
do. Maybe someone will help me.

Here is the error

=====================================================================
 (libs='libpthread.so.0 libpthread.so.0 libm.so.6 libc.so.6 ld.so.1
libdl.so.2 libutil.so.1 libresolv.so.2 libnss_files.so.2 libnss
_dns.so.2 libnss_db.so.2 libnss_compat.so.2 libnss_nis.so.2
libnss_nisplus.so.2 libnss_ldap.so.2 libnss_hesiod.so.2 libnsl.so.1 lib
db.so.3 libdb1.so.2 libcrypt.so.1 libBrokenLocale.so.1 librt.so.1';\
  for l in $libs; do \
               'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ_'`; \
    echo "#define       ${upname}_SO    \"$l\""; \
  done;) | sort; \
 echo; \
 echo '#endif   /* gnu/lib-names.h */';) >
/home/nicu/JUNGO/work/glibc2.1.3-the_rest/glibc_build/gnu/lib-names.T
/bin/sh ../scripts/move-if-change
/home/nicu/JUNGO/work/glibc2.1.3-the_rest/glibc_build/gnu/lib-names.T
/home/nicu/JUNGO/work/glibc2.1.3-the_rest/glibc_build/gnu/lib-names.h
touch
/home/nicu/JUNGO/work/glibc2.1.3-the_rest/glibc_build/gnu/lib-names.stmp

.././scripts/mkinstalldirs
/home/nicu/JUNGO/work/glibc2.1.3-the_rest/glibc_build/csu
rm -f
/home/nicu/JUNGO/work/glibc2.1.3-the_rest/glibc_build/csu/abi-tag.h.new
sed -e 's/#.*$//' -e '/^[       ]*$/d' ../abi-tags | \
while read conf tag; do \
  test `expr 'mips-mips-linux-gnu' \
             : "$conf"` != 0 || continue; \
  echo "$tag" | \
  sed -e 's/[^0-9xXa-fA-F]/ /g' -e 's/ *$//' \
      -e 's/ /,/g' -e 's/^ */#define ABI_TAG /' >
/home/nicu/JUNGO/work/glibc2.1.3-the_rest/glibc_build/csu/abi-tag.h.new;
\
done
if test -r
/home/nicu/JUNGO/work/glibc2.1.3-the_rest/glibc_build/csu/abi-tag.h.new;
then mv -f
/home/nicu/JUNGO/work/glibc2.1.3-the_rest/glibc_build/csu/abi-tag.h.new
/home/nicu/JUNGO/work/glibc2.1.3-the_rest/glibc_build/csu/abi-tag.h; \
else echo >&2 'This configuration not matched in ../abi-tags'; exit 1;
fi
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../posix/posix1_lim.h', needed by
`/home/nicu/JUNGO/work/glibc2.1.3-the_rest/glibc_build/mk-stdiolim'.
Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/nicu/JUNGO/work/glibc2.1.3-the_rest/glibc-2.1.3/csu'
make[1]: *** [csu/subdir_lib] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/nicu/JUNGO/work/glibc2.1.3-the_rest/glibc-2.1.3'
make: *** [all] Error 2

=======================================================================

Nicu

---

From: Andreas Jaeger <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Jan 2001 22:16:14 +0100

>>>>> Nicu Popovici writes:

 > do. Maybe someone will help me.

You just can't apply the patch from 2.0.6 to 2.1.3 without any changes
- and you also want to check how I've done it for glibc 2.2.1.  To
much has changed in between and 2.0.6 might just be a basis for you.

Andreas
-- 
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs [email-masked]
   private [email-masked]
    http://www.suse.de/~aj

---

From: Joe deBlaquiere <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 11:32:19 -0600

I would think the 2.1.95 version of glibc from sgi would be much closer 
to 2.1.3 than the 2.0.6/7 versions are.

Nicu Popovici wrote:

> ..././scripts/mkinstalldirs

-- 
Joe deBlaquiere
Red Hat, Inc.
307 Wynn Drive
Huntsville AL, 35805
voice : (256)-704-9200
fax   : (256)-837-3839

---

From: Quinn Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:38:16 -0700

I'm curious which version of glibc incorporated
support for syscall changes that have occured
with the 2.4.0 kernel.  Or is it all there yet
even with glibc 2.2.1?

Quinn

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:41:14 -0200

> with the 2.4.0 kernel.  Or is it all there yet

They're in 2.2.x.

  Ralf

---

From: Andreas Jaeger <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Jan 2001 14:22:42 +0100

> with the 2.4.0 kernel.  Or is it all there yet

glibc 2.2 and 2.2.1 should support all features and syscalls of 2.4.0
- if not it's a bug in glibc ;-)

Andreas