Subject: Re: 2.4.0 Kernel - Summary

From: Ian Chilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:56:04 +0000

Hello,

> I can reboot - but with "reboot -f" which is - Immediate reset
> which is not good(tm) for your filesystems. The bug is definitly
> a sgiserial.c problem as it doesnt happen on newport console.

I have only tried the once, because it's not easy with the machine
being remote...but I typed: shutdown -r now. It said:

Changing to Runlevel 0
£^T%&%£^$%&^%$£
£%$&£%^££"%$"£$"£
$"£*$%£"$%£"^%£"$&
etc...

and that was it  :(

Both this and swap worked fine on 001027 (test9)

Bye for Now,

Ian

                                \|||/ 
                                (o o)
 /---------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo---------------------------\
 |  Ian Chilton        (IRC Nick - GadgetMan)     ICQ #: 16007717  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |  E-Mail: [email-masked]     Web: http://www.ichilton.co.uk  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |         Budget: A method for going broke methodically.          |
 \-----------------------------------------------------------------/