Subject: R4X00 Kernel

From: Ian Chilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 21:13:41 +0000

Hello,

I just compiled a kernel with my new toolchain...

I it using gcc 2.95.2 + binutils 2.10.1 and the kernel from today's cvs
(10/01/01) which is just after Ralf checked in test12...

08:58PM <quintela> Exception: <vector=Normal>
08:58PM <quintela> Status register:
0x10044803<CU0,CH,IM7,IM4,IPL=???,MODE=KERNEL,EXL,IE>
08:58PM <quintela> Cause register: 0x3000c000<CE=3,IP8,IP7,EXC=INT>
08:58PM <quintela> Exception PC: 0x8814c7b4
08:58PM <quintela> Interrupt exception
08:58PM <quintela> CPU Parity Error Interrupt
08:58PM <quintela> Local I/O interrupt register 2: 0xc8
<EISA,SLOT0,SLOT1>
08:58PM <quintela> CPU parity error register: 0x302<B1,MEM_PAR>
08:59PM <quintela> CPU parity error: address: 0xa572f88
08:59PM <quintela>   Saved user regs in hex (&gpda 0xa8740e48, &_regs
0xa8741048):
08:59PM <quintela>   arg: 8a572fc0 0 2530044 881d8000
08:59PM ð penguin42/#mipslinux has sore fingers
08:59PM <Spock> Opening an Indy is easy
08:59PM <quintela>   tmp: 4 8ad30040 1000 0 0 881b591f fffffff6
ffffffff
08:59PM <quintela>   sve: 8ad31 88800000 881bb280 8ad31 1 2530044 20 1
08:59PM <quintela>   t8 88009dd5 t9 a at 10044800 v0 88800000 v1 0 k1
bad11bad
08:59PM <quintela>   gp 88008000 fp 1f sp 88009e70 ra 881921ec
08:59PM <quintela>
08:59PM <quintela> PANIC: Unexpected exception
08:59PM <quintela>
08:59PM <quintela> [Press reset or ENTER to restart.]

This is on an I2..

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Bye for Now,

Ian

                                \|||/ 
                                (o o)
 /---------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo---------------------------\
 |  Ian Chilton        (IRC Nick - GadgetMan)     ICQ #: 16007717  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |  E-Mail: [email-masked]     Web: http://www.ichilton.co.uk  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |         Budget: A method for going broke methodically.          |
 \-----------------------------------------------------------------/

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 01:14:56 -0200

> (10/01/01) which is just after Ralf checked in test12...

Since wealready know that this compiler is fishy I'm going to ignore this
report for now.

  Ralf

---

From: Ian Chilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:09:52 +0000

Hello,

> Since wealready know that this compiler is fishy I'm going to ignore this

What do you mean?  It's Macro's stuff...you said you
trusted his code  :)

Or do you mean the PIC thing?  I told you I already fixed that!

root@dale:~# echo __PIC__ | gcc -E -P -
1

So are you saying this is a compiler thing, not a kernel thing?

Bye for Now,

Ian

                                \|||/ 
                                (o o)