Subject: RedHat 7.0 ?

From: Carsten Langgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 18:12:49 +0100

Has anyone put together an easy-to-install tar file, similar to the old
hard-hat 5.1 tarfile, where you could install everything though an
install program running on a nfs server ?
I really like the old hard-hat approach, it was easy to install and
everything seems to work, but it would be nice to have a newer release.
The old hard-hat install program doesn't work with the new 2.4.0 kernel.

/Carsten

--
_    _ ____  ___   Carsten Langgaard   Mailto:[email-masked]
|\  /|||___)(___   MIPS Denmark        Direct: +45 4486 5527
| \/ |||    ____)  Lautrupvang 4B      Switch: +45 4486 5555
  TECHNOLOGIES     2750 Ballerup       Fax...: +45 4486 5556
                   Denmark             http://www.mips.com

---

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 18:21:55 +0100

> The old hard-hat install program doesn't work with the new 2.4.0 kernel.

There is a big endian glibc 2.2 debian base - Look at
ftp.uni-mainz.de/pub/debian-local/mips. I hope to produce something similar
for mipsel with the next days.

Flo
-- 
Florian Lohoff                  [email-masked]             +49-5201-669912
     Why is it called "common sense" when nobody seems to have any?

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 10:54:09 -0800

On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 06:12:49PM +0100, Carsten Langgaard wrote:
> Date:   Fri, 26 Jan 2001 18:12:49 +0100
> From: Carsten Langgaard <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: RedHat 7.0 ?
> 

At this time we don't have an easy installer for it.  I intend to strip
down an RH 7.0 installation which I'm running on an Origin here and put
it up for ftp somewhen soon.

  Ralf

---

From: Carsten Langgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:29:27 +0100

> it up for ftp somewhen soon.

Great, please let me know when you have done it.