Subject: CPU Nevada

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 14:03:38 -0800

I can't find any information on a CPU Nevada, which supposedly is a 56x0
type. Is "R56x0 CONFIG_CPU_NEVADA" really meant to be "R52x0
CONFIG_CPU_NEVADA"?  The product id code of 0x2800 matches the QED 52xx
processors (at least the 5231) -- I can't find anything on a 56x0 CPU.

Pete

---

From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 01:40:28 +0100

C'mon Pete, it's obviously a typo!   It predates my involvement
with the code - hell, I never even knew that "Nevada" was the
QED code name for the R5200 family before I started hacking
on the MIPS Linux kernel, even though I had an R5230 system
in my lab.  The "6" is probably shifted left one position from 
"R5260", which was, I believe, the first chip of the Nevada
family to ship.

            Kevin K.

---

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 16:48:06 -0800

> "R5260", which was, I believe, the first chip of the Nevada

That's what I figured, but hey, it doesn't hurt to make sure.  I'm
working with a 5231 and wanted to make sure I don't need to add another
cpu type.

Pete

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 02:06:05 -0200

> "R5260", which was, I believe, the first chip of the Nevada

No idea how the 6 ended up there; I wrote the Nevada support for Cobalt's
Qube which originally using a R5230, the small brother of the 5260 with
just a 32 bit external bus.  Anyway, I fixed that buglet.

  Ralf