Subject: Linux/MIPS installation (FAQ? HOWTO?)

From: "Richard Duran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:21:34 -0700

Hello,

I know this has got to be a FAQ of some sort, but I can't find
the answer (and I _have_ looked everywhere!): How do I go about
installing Linux on my Indy? Does it have to co-exist w/ IRIX?

Please point me to any document offering step-by-step instructions
(if that exists).

Regards,
Richard Duran

---

From: Guido Guenther <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:21:19 +0100

> Please point me to any document offering step-by-step instructions
Have a look at www.linux-mips.org. You can find some documentation
there, along with links to various base system which you can use as
a starting point. There's no "ready to install" distribution for
linux/mips yet, although the debian mips port is currently making big
steps forward...and yes, it can easily coexist with Irix.
 -- Guido

---

From: Mike McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:11:09 -0800

>Date:   Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:21:19 +0100
>From: Guido Guenther <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: Linux/MIPS installation (FAQ? HOWTO?)
>
>Have a look at www.linux-mips.org.

  www.linux-mips.org seems to be a http redirect to
http://linuxmips.ichilton.co.uk/. (Why didn't "they" just update the
DNS entry to point to http://linuxmips.ichilton.co.uk/ instead of
using a redirect?)

  Mike McDonald
  [email-masked]