Subject: saved_command_line, arcs_cmdline, command_line

From: Justin Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 13:11:27 -0800

I'm scanning over the command line arguments stuff, and noted a few things. 
Comments welcome.

Is there any reason saved_command_line is not architecture neutral?  Seems like
it should live in init/main.c, if anywhere.

Why do we have arcs_cmdline[] *AND* command_line[]?  Is there any respect in
which this isn't completely redundant?   (And misnamed, for that matter, for
non-arcs boards?)

-Justin

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 20:32:50 -0600

On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 01:11:27PM -0800, Justin Carlson wrote:

> Is there any reason saved_command_line is not architecture neutral?  Seems
> like it should live in init/main.c, if anywhere.
> 

The ARC firmware has the stupid habit of passing in all the environment
variables as part of the command line when makes them look to the kernel
like kernel options.  So prom_init_cmdline() filters the names of those
variables which get passed by the firmware.  So what actually should happen
is removing arcs_cmdline from setup.c.

  Ralf