Subject: Re: Filesystem corruption

From: Ian Chilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 13:16:10 +0000

Hello,

> I dont believe any 2.4 is currently 'safe'

auchhh..

If Alan Cox himself (nearly as bad as Linus saying it..) is saying
that, I am glad I am still running 2.2.17/18 on my servers and am
wondering if I should have upgraded my workstations to 2.4.1  ;(

Bye for Now,

Ian

                                \|||/
                                (o o)
 /---------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo---------------------------\
 |  Ian Chilton        (IRC Nick - GadgetMan)     ICQ #: 16007717  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |  E-Mail: [email-masked]     Web: http://www.ichilton.co.uk  |
 |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
 |        Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.         |
 \-----------------------------------------------------------------/

---

From: Ian Chilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 16:00:07 +0000

Hello,

> If you're worried about it, do what I do.  Pick one server that always
> runs a known stable release and keep your working/home directories on it
> as NFS exports.  Run your development kernel/tools on an NFS client box.
> That way when it croaks, you don't wast a lot of you time fscking and
> possibly loosing files.

That's basically what I do..

Bye for Now,

Ian

                                \|||/ 
                                (o o)
 |         Budget: A method for going broke methodically.          |