Subject: Re: GDB 5 for mips-linux/Shared library loading with new binutils/glibc

From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 01:31:12 +0100

> > The only people who have contributed amounts of code large enough for
the
> > FSF to requires an assignment are David Miller ([email-masked]) and
> > myself.  I've already signed an assignment with the FSF and I'm also
sure
> > David has.  I btw. cannot remember having seen any mail from you
regarding
> > copyright assignments of GDB.
>
> David has only disclaimers for Binutils and GCC but not for GDB in the
> FSF list.

I asked MIPS' contacts with Red Hat to look into this, and
there was, apparently, some confusion as to whether GDB
was covered under a blanket assignment.  It's being taken
care of.

            Kevin K.

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 18:00:25 -0800

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 01:31:12AM +0100, Kevin D. Kissell wrote:

> > > the FSF to requires an assignment are David Miller ([email-masked])
> > > and myself.  I've already signed an assignment with the FSF and I'm
> > > also sure David has.  I btw. cannot remember having seen any mail from
> > > you regarding copyright assignments of GDB.
> >

This code was written in '96 during David's time as a SGI intern, so that's
probably not covered.

  Ralf