Subject: pci io remapping and ide_ioreg_t

From: Liam Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 14:41:19 +1000

I have an old (2.0.x) ide driver that used to hard code the 
hwif->io_ports up to the 0x100001f0-0x100001f7 range. This is now broken 
in the 2.4 kernel since ide_ioreg_t has changed from unsigned long to 
unsigned short.

What is the mechanism for reaching these ports now?

Thanks
Liam

---

From: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:52:53 +0100 (MET)

> What is the mechanism for reaching these ports now?

Change ide_ioreg_t back to unsigned long? ide_ioreg_t is arch specific.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven ------------- Sony Software Development Center Europe (SDCE)
[email-masked] ------------------- Sint-Stevens-Woluwestraat 55
Voice +32-2-7248626 Fax +32-2-7262686 ---------------- B-1130 Brussels, Belgium

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:51:18 +0100

> What is the mechanism for reaching these ports now?

Consider this size of ide_ioreg_t a glitch; most current MIPS designs
have their IDE ports in outer space.  It shouldn't break anything, so
until somebody is going to cry I'll change it to unsigned long.

  Ralf