Subject: Where can I find precompiled binaries for XFree86 4.0.2?

From: Calvine Chew <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 09:51:29 +0800

Hello all.

Anyone know where I can grab the above? I am encountering problems with
building my own on Hardhat 5.1. make world looked okay but make install died
trying to make the shared library X11lib.so.6.2~ (ld terminated with signal
6).

Thanks in advance!

Regards...

--
Calvine Chew, Technical Consultant
Technology & Industry Consulting Group (Asia South), SGI.
***************************************************************
Inter spem curamque, timores inter et iras, omnem crede diem tibi
diluxisse supremum: grata superveniet quae sperabitur hora.
http://calvine
***************************************************************

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 21:01:33 -0800

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 09:51:29AM +0800, Calvine Chew wrote:
> From: Calvine Chew <[email-masked]>
> To: "'linux-mips'" <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Where can I find precompiled binaries for XFree86 4.0.2?
> Date:   Fri, 2 Feb 2001 09:51:29 +0800 
> 
> Hello all.
> 

Hardhat is extremly rotten and buggy code by today's standard.  You really
want to replace it with a more current distribution before you even
attempt to compile a current X.

  Ralf