Subject: gcc 2.95.3

From: Tom Appermont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:48:00 +0100

Howdy,

This is just to report a problem I was having with gcc 2.95.3,
on an R5000 LE target (ddb5074). I got the compiler and binutils 
from ftp.ds2.pg.gda.pl (thank you Maciej ;).

For some reason (which I don't know), the code compiled with
gcc 2.95.3-14 fails to deal correctly with tlb exceptions on my
target. One obvious result is that page faults do not occur. 
Compiling with egcs 1.1.2 made this problem disappear. I spent 
many days trying to pin down what went wrong where, needless to 
say that it has been a painful introduction to Linux/MIPS... 

Cheerio,

Tom

-- 
................................................................
Tom Appermont                       SDCE
mailto: [email-masked]   Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55
tel: +32 2 7248620                  1130 Brussel
fax: +32 2 7262686                  Belgium