Subject: Trouble booting my indy

From: Leander Koornneef <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:36:54 +0100

Hi there,

I acquired an indy recently. I spent some time reading emails in these 
lists and some documentation available on the internet.
So now, finally came the time to really try and install debian-mips on this 
machine.
I booted my Mandrake linux box and setup everything according to 
http://staf.digibel.org/topic.php?lang=eng&top=indy
Now, I fired up the indy and gave the command:
         'boot -f bootp()vmlinux-2.4.0-test6-pre8.ecoff init=/bin/bash 
nfsroot=192.168.0.1:/indy'

I got the following:
         'Setting $netaddr to 192.168.0.2 ( from server)'

Which is nice :-)
Then, nothing happens for a minute or two after which I get the mesage:
         'Unable to load bootp()vmlinux-2.4.0-test6-pre8.ecoff 
''bootp()vmlinux-2.4.0-test6-pre8.ecoff'' is not a valid file to boot'

As far as I can tell, the tftp daemon is running and /indy is exported
In the logs it says:
         Mar 19 02:39:06 leander dhcpd: data: lease_time: lease ends at 0 
when it is now 984965946
         Mar 19 02:39:06 leander dhcpd: BOOTREQUEST from 08:00:69:09:64:09 
via eth0
         Mar 19 02:39:06 leander dhcpd: BOOTREPLY for 192.168.0.2 to indy 
(08:00:69:09:64:09) via eth0
And that's it :-(
I read something about problems with tftpd running on linux >= 2.3, but my 
boot server is running 2.2.18.
I hope someone can help me finally boot my indy....
By the way, it's an R5000pc (150MHz)

Many thanks in advance,

Leander Koornneef