Subject: glibc build

From: "George Gensure,,," <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 01:14:49 -0400

I get the following error while trying to cross-build glibc for mips on 
an i686.  Can anyone give any insight?

../sysdeps/mips/setjmp.S: Assembler messages:
../sysdeps/mips/setjmp.S:43: Error: Can not represent 
BFD_RELOC_16_PCREL_S2 relocation in this object file format
make[2]: *** [/usr/local/crossbuild/glibc-build/setjmp/setjmp.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/crossbuild/glibc-2.2/setjmp'
make[1]: *** [setjmp/subdir_lib] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/crossbuild/glibc-2.2'
make: *** [install] Error 2

George
[email-masked]

---

From: Bryan Chua <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 11:55:44 -0700

I ran into this at some point and tracked it down to adding -D__PIC__ to
CFLAGS.  I don't think it is necessary on newer (unreleased) compilers.

-- bryan

---

From: George Gensure <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:53:10 -0400 (EDT)

I added the following entry to the environment variable CFLAGS and to the
CFLAGS entry in glibcbug - -D__PIC__ ... got the same error.

George
[email-masked]