Subject: floating point libarary for mips

From: "Deepak Shenoy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:07:53 +0530

Hi,

Our MIPS processor does not have a floating point unit. But when I build the
kernel with "soft-float" option I would get many undefined references. So I
guess I would need to include the soft floating point library. Where can i
get this? Any pointers would help me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
deepak

---

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:56:02 +0200

> get this? Any pointers would help me.

The kernel itself does not use floating point ops so you need/must not
compile the kernel with soft-float - Another option is to just
enable the kernel floating point emulator as that will enable you
to run unmodified binarys in userspace.

Flo
-- 
Florian Lohoff                  [email-masked]             +49-5201-669912
     Why is it called "common sense" when nobody seems to have any?