Subject: mips64 linux glibc compilation broken?

From: Justin Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:07:33 -0700

I could swear I saw this topic go by before, but searching my archives,
I don't see it.

glibc fresh out of redhat cvs doesn't compile for mips64-linux; it fails
with quite a bit of stuff like this:

---
In file included from dynamic-link.h:21,
from dl-load.c:32:
../sysdeps/mips/mips64/dl-machine.h: In function `elf_machine_got_rel':
../sysdeps/mips/mips64/dl-machine.h:178: warning: passing arg 2 of `_dl_lookup_symbol' from incompatible pointer type
../sysdeps/mips/mips64/dl-machine.h:178: warning: passing arg 3 of `_dl_lookup_symbol' from incompatible pointer type
../sysdeps/mips/mips64/dl-machine.h:178: warning: passing arg 4 of `_dl_lookup_symbol' from incompatible pointer type
../sysdeps/mips/mips64/dl-machine.h:178: too few arguments to function `_dl_lookup_symbol'
../sysdeps/mips/mips64/dl-machine.h:181: warning: passing arg 2 of `_dl_lookup_symbol' from incompatible pointer type
../sysdeps/mips/mips64/dl-machine.h:181: warning: passing arg 3 of `_dl_lookup_symbol' from incompatible pointer type
../sysdeps/mips/mips64/dl-machine.h:181: warning: passing arg 4 of `_dl_lookup_symbol' from incompatible pointer type
---

It looks like this is something that has been fixed for mips, but not mips64. 
I'm sure I can fix the immediate compile problems, but am not familiar enough
with glibc to be confident of doing the Right Thing overall.

Are there any patches for mips64 linux that haven't made it into the mainline
cvs yet?

Thanks,
Justin