Subject: loadable kernel modules

From: Guido Guenther <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 01:07:20 +0200

Hi,
could someone enlighten me about the current status of loadable modules?
When using current cvs kernel & cvs binutils and Keith's
gcc-3.0-20010303 as crosstoolchain I'm no longer seeing the "symbol xy
with index 10 exceeds local_symtab_size..." but therefore I'm getting
lot's of unresolved symbols(e.g. printk) when trying to insmod a module.
Any help appreciated,
 -- Guido

---

From: "Steven J. Hill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 07:40:19 -0500

> lot's of unresolved symbols(e.g. printk) when trying to insmod a module.
Sure, I fixed the bug in binutils that broke kernel modules. It's been
in CVS for almost two weeks now.

-Steve

-- 
 Steven J. Hill - Embedded SW Engineer
 Public Key: 'http://www.cotw.com/pubkey.txt'
 FPR1: E124 6E1C AF8E 7802 A815
 FPR2: 7D72 829C 3386 4C4A E17D