Subject: RedHat7.0

From: Carsten Langgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 15:54:51 +0200

Ralf, which compiler and tools did you use to compile the RedHat7.0
source RPMs ?

/Carsten

--
_    _ ____  ___   Carsten Langgaard   Mailto:[email-masked]
|\  /|||___)(___   MIPS Denmark        Direct: +45 4486 5527
| \/ |||    ____)  Lautrupvang 4B      Switch: +45 4486 5555
  TECHNOLOGIES     2750 Ballerup       Fax...: +45 4486 5556
                   Denmark             http://www.mips.com

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 20:15:38 +0200

> Ralf, which compiler and tools did you use to compile the RedHat7.0

The binutils are included in redhat 7 as on oss are not the original
binutils from Redhat 7.0 but a CVS snapshot with MIPS patches.  This
distribution does not contain a gcc rpm because I haven't yet built a
package from it.  I can however upload a tar ball of my build directory
so you can install my gcc with just ``make install'', if you want.

  Ralf

---

From: Carsten Langgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 08:38:06 +0200

> so you can install my gcc with just ``make install'', if you want.

That would be great, please do.

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 05:50:56 +0200

> That would be great, please do.

I noticed that it's already on oss at /pub/linux/mips/gcc.tar.gz.

  Ralf