Subject: Linux/MIPS pages on oss

From: Klaus Naumann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 15:03:38 +0200 (CEST)

Hi folks,

I have done some updates on the web pages on oss.
The HowTo page is back, and a small addition to the
downloads page was made. I'm planning to do some
more updating this weekend - so please send everything
you want to get online/changed to me and it will happen.

		Cya, Klaus

-- 
Full Name   : Klaus Naumann     | (http://www.mgnet.de/) (Germany)
Nickname    : Spock             | Org.: Mad Guys Network
Phone / FAX : ++49/177/7862964  | E-Mail: ([email-masked])
PGP Key     : www.mgnet.de/keys/key_spock.txt

---

From: Keith M Wesolowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 09:11:13 -0700

> you want to get online/changed to me and it will happen.

I think it would be good to have detailed information on what exactly
works and does not work in recent versions of the toolchain and
kernel.  While this information is too temporal for the HOWTO, it does
deserve a home.  Perhaps a separate FAQ with this sort of information
is in order.  

The idea is to be able to answer questions like "I'm getting undefined
symbol __foo while building glibc version X.Y.Z on mipsel; what's
wrong?" and "Does linux run on the FOO4161 CPU core?" and of course
the infamous "What toolchain should I use?" with a URL.

-- 
Keith M Wesolowski <[email-masked]> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------
	"Nothing motivates a man more than to see his boss put
	 in an honest day's work." -- The fortune file