Subject: glibc build

From: "George Gensure,,," <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:14:33 -0400

Where is the CFLAGS that I should add to? In the Subdirectories?

George
[email-masked]

---

From: Bryan Chua <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:06:52 -0700

CFLAGS=-D__PIC__ make all [check] install

the target "check" will not work if you are cross compiling, so you
might as well install...  You end up coming across this in several
places.

-- bryan

---

From: George Gensure <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 16:21:20 -0400 (EDT)

I went throught and deleted all of those entries in assembly files which
caused problems, but I end up with similar problems later, only the
assembler seems to have been running from standard input..

George
[email-masked]

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 18:20:53 -0300

> might as well install...  You end up coming across this in several

None of the compiler we ever recommended to use had this bug, so I
wonder what compiler you're trying to use.

  Ralf

---

From: Bryan Chua <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:37:50 -0700

binutils 2.8.1, 2.9.1, 2.10, 2.10.1 (with and without patches) 2.11
gcc 2.95.2, 2.95.2.1, 2.95.3

The bug was that the specs file in 2.95.? seems to be missing a
-K__PIC__ in the spec for *cpp %{.S...}

It does seem to be in the current snapshot as of a few weeks ago and is
thus not necessary, but also not released.

-- bryan

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:28:00 +0200 (MET DST)

> -K__PIC__ in the spec for *cpp %{.S...}

 None of 2.95.* compilers works for MIPS/Linux without additional patches. 

-- 
+  Maciej W. Rozycki, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland   +
+--------------------------------------------------------------+
+        e-mail: [email-masked], PGP key available        +