Subject: 2.4.4-pre5 drivers/sgi/char/Makefile

From: Keith Owens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 08:58:32 +1000

I am trying to make sense of drivers/sgi/char/Makefile in 2.4.4-pre5.

export-objs     := newport.o shmiq.o sgicons.o usema.o
obj-y           := newport.o shmiq.o sgicons.o usema.o streamable.o

obj-$(CONFIG_SGI_SERIAL)        += sgiserial.o
obj-$(CONFIG_SGI_DS1286)        += ds1286.o
obj-$(CONFIG_SGI_NEWPORT_GFX)   += graphics.o rrm.o

None of newport.o shmiq.o sgicons.o usema.o export any symbols so why
are they defined as export-objs?  The only object that does export
symbols is graphics_syms.c and no Makefile refers to that source, it
appears to be dead.

I recommend removing all export-objs from drivers/sgi/char/Makefile and
deleting drivers/sgi/char/graphics_syms.c.

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 11:58:50 -0300

> deleting drivers/sgi/char/graphics_syms.c.

The real fix is one of many patches pending to be merged with Linus ...

  Ralf