Subject: Does Linux support RC32332 CPU now?

From: "machael" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 09:34:31 +0800

Hi, folks:

     I am a newbie in linux-mips. I have questions to ask:

     1   Does Linux support RC32332 CPU now?
     2   I want to build my cross-compile environment  for MIPS target on my
X86 host. Are there any documents about how to implement it?

Thank you very much.

---

From: Keith M Wesolowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 09:48:01 -0700

>      1   Does Linux support RC32332 CPU now?

No but it wouldn't be hard - it has r4600-style caches with an
r4k-style tlb (alas, only 32 entries instead of 48, but that's
insignificant).  See
http://www.idt.com/products/pages/Processors-79RC32332.html for
documentation including the pci controller and other bits.

> X86 host. Are there any documents about how to implement it?

Yes.  Read the archives of this list, or the faq, or
http://foobazco.org/~wesolows/mips-cross.html, or the cross gcc faq
easily accessible from google's first page of a search for "how to
build a cross compiler" at http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/.  Or go to
ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/mips-linux/simple/crossdev, or the
/pub/linux/mips directory in general on that server, or any of about
500 other places.  

Answering this question is getting REALLY old.  Being a newbie does
not excuse you from putting in at least minimal effort before asking.

-- 
Keith M Wesolowski <[email-masked]> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------
"I should have crushed his marketing-addled skull with a fucking bat."

---

From: Quinn Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 10:49:37 -0600

The IDT RC32332 is a subset of the RC32334, which
a working port exists for.  I have submitted a
patch to Ralf, but haven't seen it go into his tree
yet.  The patch is available at
http://www.zdomain.com/patch.sgi.idt

Quinn

---

From: "machael" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 09:09:34 +0800

Thank you, Quinn. I have downloaded your  patch.
I find that you use linux-sgi-20010307 in your patch file. Is this an
offcial release which I can find in ftp.kernel.org ?
Where can I download it?
Thank you very much.

machael