Subject: mips_memory_upper

From: Scott A McConnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 06:38:29 -0700

Used to be defined in ./arch/mips/kernel/setup.c

It is no longer defined. I also noticed that badget is now using
vac_memory_upper.

Can anyone fill me in on the details.

Thanks,
Scott

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 16:15:02 +0200 (MET DST)

> Used to be defined in ./arch/mips/kernel/setup.c

 It's no longer needed -- MIPS now uses the bootmem allocator cosistently
across system variations.  Memory holes are now permitted.  User may
override the determined memory map using a kernel command line (for
debugging, to isolate a faulty module, etc.).  The add_memory_region()
function is used to register an area of memory. 

> It is no longer defined. I also noticed that badget is now using

 This is a system-specific value to write into chipset registers.  It's
not overriden by a kernel command line in any case to initialize the
chipset properly.  I can't say anything more specific about it -- I'm not
a Baget expert. 

-- 
+  Maciej W. Rozycki, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland   +
+--------------------------------------------------------------+
+        e-mail: [email-masked], PGP key available        +