Subject: Mips cross-compiler

From: Jason Brock <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 14:24:42 -0500

When is there going to be a Linux version Mips Cross-Compiler for the
VR4122 (Casio EM-500)?

---

From: Ian Chilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 10:43:35 +0100

Hello,

> When is there going to be a Linux version Mips Cross-Compiler for the

Funny you should mention this, but I have just got such a device
yesturday.

I am planning to use it for a month or so, then try Linux on it.

>From what I have read, the kernel should not be too much of a problem
because the EM1XX is already supported.

The problem seems to be the bootloader. Aparently Microsoft removed the
vital funtions which the bootloaders used from WinCE 3, so none of the
bootloaders work anymore.

As for the cross compiler, you can build your own from source.

Ian