Subject: PATCH: Extended Interrupt support for the RM7000-based Ocelot

From: "Matthew Dharm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 16:27:27 -0700

Attached is a patch which adds support for extended interrupt devices
to the Ocelot.  It was created against a current CVS snapshot.  Ralf,
please apply.

The patch basically re-writes the interrupt handler to read the
extended interrupt mask from the Set 1 registers on the QED RM7000.
It also changes the support functions so that these interrupts can be
masked and unmasked properly.

It occurs to me that this probably should go (eventually) into an
RM7k-specific file, and not an Ocelot specific file.  But the current
arch/mips/ tree doesn't seem to support this well, so I figured that
for a first pass, keeping everything where it current is will cause
the least confusion.

Matt Dharm

--
Matthew D. Dharm                            Senior Software Designer
Momentum Computer Inc.                      1815 Aston Ave.  Suite 107
(760) 431-8663 X-115                        Carlsbad, CA 92008-7310
Momentum Works For You                      www.momenco.com

---

From: Jun Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 17:19:05 -0700

> for a first pass, keeping everything where it current is will cause

The best way to support RM7K extended interrupts is to use the new
irq.c and write rm7k irq controller code, (e.g., irq_cpu_rm7k.c).
It should be similar to one I sent out (irq_cpu.c file) a while back.  
If you cannot find it, I can send you again.

The modification to the common files looks a little bit instrusive.
But I won't complain if Ralf does not - he usually has a higher
standard. :-)

Jun