Subject: Pthreads.

From: "J. Scott Kasten" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 11:02:22 -0400

If I recall correctly, some time ago, Jun Sun was looking at pthreads.
What is the status of threads in glibc-2.0.6/.7 and glibc-2.2.x for mips?
I.E. works, broken, how bad, to do???

Thanks.

--

J. Scott Kasten
Email: jsk AT tetracon-eng DOT net

"Nearly all men can stand adversity,
 but if you want to test a man's
 charater, give him power. - A Lincoln"

---

From: Jun Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 10:30:57 -0700

> I.E. works, broken, how bad, to do???

I found a bug in the kernel that causes register corruption, which causes
pthread to fail.  The bug has been fixed for a while in the CVS tree.  I don't
recall any glibc specific patches.  

Yes, it runs fine on my machines.

Jun

---

From: "J. Scott Kasten" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 14:34:41 -0400

> recall any glibc specific patches.

If I recall correctly, that was S0 not being preserved under certain
system calls.  Which I have taken care of.

> Yes, it runs fine on my machines.

When you say runs fine, do you mean the 2.0.x, the 2.2.x or both?

Thanks for your response.

---

From: Jun Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 11:58:29 -0700

> Thanks for your response.

Both.  There are some bug fixes needed to the get the new glibc 2.2.x
working.  Once the fixes are settled, we will post them.

Jun