Subject: 2.4.3 kernel

From: George Gensure <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 12:25:12 -0400 (EDT)

Can anyone explain to me how the 2.4.3 kernel available on ftp.rfc822.org was
built? I've been working for about a month and a half on getting that to
compile with no success.  The only reason I need it is to get input core
support, since linux doesn't like to recognize any device nodes that I create
using mknod.  If anyone could shed some light on either of these problems...
the kernel or getting linux to recognize my mouse on (10,1) please contact me.

George
[email-masked]

---

From: "Yoshi.-K" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 08:26:25 +0900

Hello. my name is Yoshi. from Japan.

SGI O2 is used. 
I will install hardhat-sgi-5.1.tar.gz. 
will be able to install in the first hard disk. 
I want to use on one hard disk . Is it possible?
----------------------------------------
Yoshikatsu Kida
http://starimpact.com/
[email-masked]

---

From: Keith M Wesolowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 16:36:24 -0700

> Hello. my name is Yoshi. from Japan.

Hello.

> I will install hardhat-sgi-5.1.tar.gz. 

No, you won't.  No linux kernel in common distribution will even load
on that box.

> I want to use on one hard disk . Is it possible?

Ask me again in a few days; I've just managed to get linux to see the
disks on that machine.  Check the archives for my post indicating
where my CVS tree is kept; it has as much O2 support as any tree I
know about.  Maybe you'd like to download it and tell me why it
doesn't work.

If this is r10k/r12k O2, you have an even longer wait as I haven't got
such a system and there are extra problems supporting it.

-- 
Keith M Wesolowski <[email-masked]> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------
	"Nothing motivates a man more than to see his boss put
	 in an honest day's work." -- The fortune file

---

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 17:19:08 +0200

> the kernel or getting linux to recognize my mouse on (10,1) please contact me.

Whats your exact problem ? I made the kernel and i dont think i had
greater problems. Everything needed should be in the tar (config etc)
except some patches which should be in the cvs by now.

Flo
-- 
Florian Lohoff                  [email-masked]             +49-5201-669912
     Why is it called "common sense" when nobody seems to have any?