Subject: Does anyone know this?

From: "H . J . Lu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 22:50:36 -0700

Does anyone know this?

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mips/2001/05/24/0002.html

Do we still have the pthread problems mentioned there?

H.J.

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 16:24:04 +0200

> Do we still have the pthread problems mentioned there?

The varargs bug afair was fixed in glibc by Chris Johnson and Andreas
Jaeger and Maciej recently posted a patch for the kernel to linux-kernel.

  Ralf

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:08:58 +0200 (MET DST)

> Jaeger and Maciej recently posted a patch for the kernel to linux-kernel.

 We have a _test_and_set() implementation in glibc for some time now,
actually -- what is problematic (buggy), is the underlying kernel
emulation for MIPS I systems.  There is no consensus if the patch is fine,
due to a bit non-standard calling convention, I'm afraid.

-- 
+  Maciej W. Rozycki, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland   +
+--------------------------------------------------------------+
+        e-mail: [email-masked], PGP key available        +