Subject: mmap problems ? in 2.4.5

From: Scott A McConnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:53:03 -0700

I have a simple program that maps a frame buffer into user space and
draws an image
onto the fb.

This program worked fine under 2.4.3 however under 2.4.5 the program
runs but nothing appears on the FB. The memory I am writing to does not
appear to be the frame buffer.

Nothing has changed in my fb driver so I am wondering if anything has
changed in how memory is mapped via the kernel?

Thanks for your consideration

-- 
Scott A. McConnell

---

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:43:11 -0700

>Thanks for your consideration
I believe the frame buffer driver interface changed in 2.4.5. It 
supposed to be much cleaner now and the fb driver has to do less than 
before.  You'll probably need to port your driver to 2.4.5.  If you have 
any problems, I think the fb maintainers can help you out.

Pete

---

From: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 21:18:10 +0200 (MET DST)

> any problems, I think the fb maintainers can help you out.

No, those fundamental changes are scheduled for 2.5.x.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven ------------- Sony Software Development Center Europe (SDCE)
[email-masked] ------------------- Sint-Stevens-Woluwestraat 55
Voice +32-2-7248626 Fax +32-2-7262686 ---------------- B-1130 Brussels, Belgium

---

From: James Simmons <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:20:40 -0700 (PDT)

> any problems, I think the fb maintainers can help you out.

Thats the wrapper I wrote so drivers could be written with the new api
while using 2.4.X. It hasn't gone in. Plus when/if it does it should have
a effect on any core code in fbcon.

---

From: Scott A McConnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 15:09:54 -0700

I can cat data to /dev/fb and the console works just fine on the fb.

This looks like a mmap problem. Anyone else have problems?

Scott