Subject: RedHat 7.1 for mips/mipsel has been uploaded

From: "H . J . Lu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 11:35:08 -0700

The mips rpms are there and I also updated a few mipsel rpms. I
recompiled glibc without -mips2 so that it can run on MIPS I cpus.
But you may have problems with some kernels.

Let me know if you have successes or problems. I'd like to hear
stories on mips boxes since I only have mipsel.

Thanks.

H.J.
----
My mini-port of RedHat 7.1 is at

ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/redhat/7.1/

you should be able to put a small RedHat 7.1 on the mips/mipsel box and
compile the rest of RedHat 7.1 yourselves.

Here are something you should know:

1. The cross compiler hosted on RedHat 7.1/ia32 is provided as a
toolchain rpm. The binary rpms for the mips and mipsel cross compilers
are included.
2. You have to find a way to put those rpms on your machine. I use
network boot and NFS root to do it.

Thanks.

H.J.