Subject: RedHat 7.1 for MIPS is available

From: "H . J . Lu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:54:52 -0700

I have uploaded the mipsel rpms. I will upload the mips rpms once the
build is finished.

H.J.
----
My mini-port of RedHat 7.1 is at

ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/redhat/7.1/

you should be able to put a small RedHat 7.1 on the mips/mipsel box and
compile the rest of RedHat 7.1 yourselves.

Here are something you should know:

1. The glibc is compiled with -mips2.
2. The cross compiler hosted on RedHat 7.1/ia32 is provided as a
toolchain rpm. The binary rpms for the mips and mipsel cross compilers
are included.
3. You have to find a way to put those rpms on your machine. I use
network boot and NFS root to do it.

Thanks.

H.J.