Subject: First version of sid-based root-tarball for mipsel available

From: Karsten Merker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 20:08:28 +0200

Hallo everyone,

I have put together a first version of a root-tarball for mipsel based on 
Debian "Sid". This is mostly untested yet and due to the SYSMIPS-problem
it works only on R4K and higher. If somebody wants to try it out, please
let me know the results.

The tarball can be found at
ftp://bolugftp.uni-bonn.de/pub/mipsel-linux/rootfs/experimental/debian-mipsel-rootfs-20010615.tar.bz2

Greetings,
Karsten

---

From: Steve Langasek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 14:41:30 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Karsten,

> ftp://bolugftp.uni-bonn.de/pub/mipsel-linux/rootfs/experimental/debian-mipsel-rootfs-20010615.tar.bz2

I'd be interested to give this a try, if only I could get a recent Linux
kernel booting on my system. :)  My Cobalt CacheRaq has so far resisted all of
my efforts to get 2.4 booting; it finds the kernel I've compiled, gets as far
as starting to load the filesystems, but then goes into a loop reporting
problems with 'spurious interrupts'.  So either I'm running the wrong patch
against the 2.4.0 sources, or the CacheRaq is not yet well-supported under
2.4.

Karsten, what type of system are you doing your mipsel testing/development on?

Regards,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer

---

From: Karsten Merker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 22:30:25 +0200

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 02:41:30PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:

[root-tarball based on Debian "Sid"]

> my efforts to get 2.4 booting;

Sorry, I have not yet had the chance to try Linux/MIPS on Cobalt
hardware.

> Karsten, what type of system are you doing your mipsel testing/development on?

I use a DECstation 5000/150 (50MHz R4k) and do a part of the development
on repeat.rfc822.org, one of Florian Lohoff's machines (see
http://www.debian.org/ports/mips).

Greetings,
Karsten
-- 
Gem. §28 Abs. 3 BDSG widerspreche ich der Nutzung und Weitergabe meiner
personenbezogenen Daten zum Zwecke der Markt- oder Meinungsforschung.