Subject: Re: Newbie question...

From: Bartosch Pixa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:43:47 +0200

Julien wrote:
 >
 > Hi...
 >
 > If I remember well, currently r10k are only supported on ip22 boards
 > (O2, etc)... I'm quite pessimistic for your Octane (in the immediate
 > futur). Are you looking for Linux to use it as a full featured os ?
 > linux-mips is still in intensive development (for example, only the
 > Indy
 > XL graphic card is supported, all other machines need a serial console
 > to use them), so if you planned to use it as an Irix replacement, it's
 > to soon  [;-)]
 > If you feel it, and can find enough documentation about IP30 boards,
 > it should be possible to do the port yourself   ;-))
 >
 > hope this answers your question

thx, this is not exactly what i wanted to hear ;)
but i think i'll give it a try, any hint where i should start getting 
into it, like i said i'm quite new to mips ...but i realy want to give
it a try :)

Bartosch Pixa

-- 
Bartosch Pixa, [email-masked]
Infopark AG
Kitzingstr. 15, D-12277 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49(0)-30-747.993.0, Fax +49(0)-30-747.993.93
http://www.infopark.de/