Subject: Creating a mips tool chain for mips3

From: Shay Deloya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 19:14:22 +0300

Hi,

At the moment I use tool chain of  egcs-2.90.29 glibc-2.0.6.
I see that the default crtbegin (egcs)  is compiled for mips1 and when I use
mips-linux-gcc -mips3 hello.c , I get the following error:
ISA mismatch (-mips3) with previous modules (-mips1)
Bad value: failed to merge target specific data of file /tmp/ccVx4c701.o

When I check I see that crtbegin & crtend are of mips1 type.

How can I configure the gcc and glibc to be compiled as mips3 and not mips1 
by default ? 

Shay

---

From: Keith M Wesolowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:24:01 -0700

> How can I configure the gcc and glibc to be compiled as mips3 and not mips1 

Getting libgcc built as non-mips1 is something I haven't figured out
yet.  At least, not without gross hacks.  glibc is easy - put -mips2
in CFLAGS when you call configure.

In any case you must not use mips3 userland on 32-bit kernels, on
account of 64-bit istructions being used.  You must use mips2.

-- 
Keith M Wesolowski <[email-masked]> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------
	"Nothing motivates a man more than to see his boss put
	 in an honest day's work." -- The fortune file