Subject: cross compile doc on sgi's site

From: Donovan Arellano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 16:04:53 -0800 (AKDT)

Hi - there use to be a cross compile doc on the linux mips site. Does
anyone have a copy of it or can you point me to the location that it
lives.

-- 
As ever, yr. obdt. (but pitiless) svnt.,

Donovan Arellano 
--
GNUPG Key: www.technodada.com/~donovan/gpg.key   |  
Web Address: http://www.technodada.com/~donovan  | / \  ASCII Ribbon
Email Address: [email-masked]            | \ /  Campaign
ICBM Address: 61° 10' 24" N  149° 53' 34" W      |  X   Against
Chance favors the prepared mind.                 | / \  HTML Mail

---

From: Keith M Wesolowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:58:44 -0700

> anyone have a copy of it or can you point me to the location that it

There's a section on cross compiling in the FAQ/HOWTO at
http://oss.sgi.com/mips/mips-howto.html (section 10) which has been
there all along.

Or, you might see http://foobazco.org/~wesolows/mips-cross.html.

Of course you can always just follow standard GNU practice and pass
the requisite --target=mips-linux to configure and see what happens
(hint: it's close to all you need).

Or, you can pick up the make-cross package from
ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/mips-linux/simple/crossdev/, which
will do all the work for you, or one of a dozen similar pieces of
hackware out there.

Or read one of any number of other Google-accessible information
repositories with each author's own little tricks and tips for
building cross-toolchains.

There's really no excuse for anyone to keep asking about building
cross compilers.  Really, this stuff is as easy to find on the net as
pr0n and pyramid schemes.

-- 
Keith M Wesolowski <[email-masked]> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------
	"Nothing motivates a man more than to see his boss put
	 in an honest day's work." -- The fortune file