Subject: glibc problem

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:09:37 +0200

Hi.

During compilation of glibc 2.2.3  I get the following error:
Can not represent BFD_RELOC_16_PCREL_S2 relocation in this object file
format

Someone in the archives meant that -D__PIC__ should be included to the
CFLAGS to resolve this problem, but it seams that I am too dumb to do this. 
I tried several locations to set the variable in the Makefiles and used the
configparms file to set it, but nothing worked. Then I tried to define it in
the file where the error occured, just to realize that there are more
locations where this define is needed, so I reckon it would be the best to
define it from the beginning.
Can anybody tell me how to get it right? 

best regards
--
Andre Messerschmidt

Application Engineer
Infineon Technologies AG

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:46:56 +0200

> Can anybody tell me how to get it right? 

Adding -D__PIC__ is a kludge; the compiler should do it by default.  It
means you're using some non-Linux/MIPS compiler which you should replace.

  Ralf