Subject: sys_mips problems

From: James Simmons <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 13:59:53 -0700 (PDT)

Since I was having problems with everything sefaulting due to the sys_mips
bug I tried the patch floating around. It fixed the segfault problem but
instead I get this error. Anyone knows why?

: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot stat shared
object: Error 14

---

From: Jun Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:07:08 -0700

> : error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot stat shared

Which patch did you use?  Does your CPU have ll/sc instructions?

Jun

---

From: James Simmons <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:43:01 -0700 (PDT)

> Which patch did you use?  

The fast_sysmips one. 

> Does your CPU have ll/sc instructions?

I have a cobalt cube which has a MIPS Nevada chip which is a R52xx chip. I
don't know if it does. By default I have ll/sc and lld/scd instructions
enabled.