Subject: Update for RedHat 7.1/mips

From: "H . J . Lu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 15:21:51 -0700

FYI, I made many updates for RedHat 7.1/mips. I have added enough
stuff so that you put tegother a functional Linux server with it.

H.J.
----
My mini-port of RedHat 7.1 is at

ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/redhat/7.1/

you should be able to put a small RedHat 7.1 on the mips/mipsel box and
compile the rest of RedHat 7.1 yourselves.

Here are something you should know:

1. The cross compiler hosted on RedHat 7.1/ia32 is provided as a
toolchain rpm. The binary rpms for the mips and mipsel cross compilers
are included. You will need glibc 2.2.3-11 or above to use those
rpms. The glibc x86 binary rpms under RPMS/i386 should be ok.
2. You have to find a way to put those rpms on your machine. I use
network boot and NFS root to do it.
3. install.tar.bz2 has some scripts to prepare NFS root and install
RedHat 7.1 on a hard drive.
4. baseline.tar.bz2 contains the cross build tree.

Thanks.

H.J.