Subject: Oops in serial driver

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:11:56 +0200

Hi!

I'm currently testing with current CVS kernels and facing some bad
Oopses in DECstation's serial driver:-( Top fafourites are Hi!

I'm currently testing with current CVS kernels and facing some bad
Oopses in DECstation's serial driver:-( Top fafourites are rs_interrupt
and zs_channels. Does anybody already have a fix for this? I fear
noting down all the Oops from framebuffer, as it is for obvious reason
not written to serial console...

MfG, JBG

---

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 20:11:14 +0200

> not written to serial console...

Loop up the assembly code in the functions and check which register
they attempt to use. You wont need to write down all registers.

It would be interesting under which occurencies the oops happens - When
running on fb why do you use the serials ? 

Flo
-- 
Florian Lohoff                  [email-masked]             +49-5201-669912
     Why is it called "common sense" when nobody seems to have any?

---

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 20:56:36 +0200

> they attempt to use. You wont need to write down all registers.

Ok. Will do that tomorrow (Don't have access to that box right now)

> running on fb why do you use the serials ? 

Well... Serial console seems to be *very* handy at all. I'm not
yet that far to use DECstation's own keyboard (which is btw a serial
device-:-) How's that done? "console=tty0 console=ttyS0"?

Another thing is stability. I'm currently using Karsten's glibc2.2
based debian base filesystem which is not that much fun on a R3k
(-> ll/sc and sysmips - any solution at horizon?). Binaries tend to
SIGBUS, Illegal Insn, ... But everything will be good at some
point:-)

Some hints on serial keyboard would be nice! Karsten?

MfG, JBG

---

From: Harald Koerfgen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 22:00:20 +0200

> Some hints on serial keyboard would be nice! Karsten?

Just commited Maciej's fix.

Greetings,
Harald