Subject: RTLinux for Mips

From: "Shaolin Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 11:15:29 +0800

Hi,
anyone have experience of rtlinux from fsmlabs ?

---

From: Jun Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 11:14:02 -0700

> anyone have experience of rtlinux from fsmlabs ?

Not rtlinux, but I have got the Nigel Gamble's preemptable kernel patch ported
to MIPS.  This patch shrinks the maximum preemption delay of a process to
single digit of milliseconds.

Unless absolutely necessary, I would think preemptable kernel is a better
real-time approach than rtlinux.

Jun

---

From: Paul Mundt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 11:48:45 -0700

> anyone have experience of rtlinux from fsmlabs ?
RTL hasn't been ported to MIPS. It only runs on x86/PPC/Alpha and only
supports SMP on x86 and PPC.

Regards,

-- 
Paul Mundt <[email-masked]>
MontaVista Software, Inc.

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:23:25 +0200

> supports SMP on x86 and PPC.

Strange that there companies shipping RTlinux/MIPS products then.  It's
just that the MIPS work hasn't really been integrated into the official
RTlinux sources.

  Ralf