Subject: Re: Re: kernel test & benchmark tools?

From: Fuxin Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 10:29:5 +0800

hello,
  Yes,I have download many benchmark already.I am mainly curious about how 
you kernel gurus test your developing kernel.For example,when you change a 
substance part of el(mm/scheduler,etc),how can you be sure it is ok?
  Careful thought certainly helps a lot,but there are things too mysterious
for me to thought of:)

2001-09-04 03:18:00：
>On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 01:56:42AM +0800, Fuxin Zhang wrote:
>
>> hello,linux-mips
>>     I have barely finished porting 2.4 kernel to Algorithmics P6032 board.Now I want
>> to make it more stable and run faster,is there any well-known test or benchmark tools used
>> by mips kernel group? There are too many benchmark around,I don't know which is better suit
>> for kernel test. I heard that linus use lmbench?
>
>lmbench is just a microbenchmark which tests certain very specific aspects
>of the system call interface.  Application performance can be very different.
>I suggest to search google or a well sorted ftp server for benchmarks - there
>are many.
>
>  Ralf

Regards
            Fuxin Zhang
            [email-masked]