Subject: openssh probs

From: George Gensure <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:10:13 -0400 (EDT)

Has anyone had any success running openssh on an Indy r5000? Currently
running 2.4.8 #4, and the error I get when running ssh is "Disconnecting:
Corrupted MAC on input."

George

-- 
George R. Gensure       Computer Science House Member
[email-masked]       Sophomore, Rochester Institute of Technology
Computer Science Major

---

From: "Soeren Laursen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 18:16:34 +0200

> running 2.4.8 #4, and the error I get when running ssh is "Disconnecting:
Yep, upgraded to openssh 2.x and the vanished.

I guess it was an implementation error because I got it as well on 
i386 running openssh 1.x.

It depended on the client software as well. Other systems running 
openssh could connect. Client from www.ssh.com could not 
connect.

Best regards,

Soeren,

---

From: George Gensure <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:20:54 -0400 (EDT)

Yeah, should've mentioned the version.  I'm already running 2.9p2.  The
ssh server I'm testing on, I KNOW works.  I connect to it from my i686 box
all the time.  I looked at the packet dump, and it doesn't look like the
MAC is getting sent correctly.  I wasn't able to find the string anywhere
in there (assuming it gets sent unencrypted, of course).

George

---

From: "Soeren Laursen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 18:39:30 +0200

> in there (assuming it gets sent unencrypted, of course).

Running
OpenSSH_2.9p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, 

On a:
cpu                     : MIPS
cpu model               : R4000SC V5.0
system type             : SGI Indy
BogoMIPS                : 74.75
byteorder               : big endian
unaligned accesses      : 0
wait instruction        : no
microsecond timers      : yes
extra interrupt vector  : no
hardware watchpoint     : yes
VCED exceptions         : 27900
VCEI exceptions         : 135012

It is a 2.4.3 kernel.

Nothing special running on it.

Just installed a upgrade 2.9p6
OpenSSH_2.9p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090602f

And it work just as great as the first version.

Best regards,

Søren,

---

From: Robin Humble <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 13:47:16 +1000 (EST)

>Yeah, should've mentioned the version.  I'm already running 2.9p2.  The

It's an endian build problem in the openssl library. Are you running
the H. J. Lu  RH7.1 distro? If so then this was a week or so ago and
the updated rpm and srpm on the site now work fine on my R4600 Indy.

If you want to recompile the openssl library yourself then find the
L_ENDIAN in the Configure file entry for linux-mips, change it to
B_ENDIAN and rebuild.

cheers,
robin