Subject: oops after rtc

From: George Gensure <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 20:15:24 -0400 (EDT)

what could be causing a kernel oops after trying to initialize the sgi rtc
(may have nothing to do with the rtc, but the message comes right after
it).  The rtc is rather important to me (!rtc + Kerberos = bad).

George
[email-masked]

-- 
George R. Gensure       Computer Science House Member
[email-masked]       Sophomore, Rochester Institute of Technology
Computer Science Major

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 02:46:45 +0200

> it).  The rtc is rather important to me (!rtc + Kerberos = bad).

Kernel version?
Decoded oops message?
Machine type?

  Ralf

---

From: George Gensure <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 20:56:22 -0400 (EDT)

sorry, latest cvs off of oss + fast_sysmips + entry.S patches (entry.S is
supposed to fix some build segfaults)  indy r5000, and I haven't decoded
the oops message yet... (currently away from machine)

George

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 03:43:45 +0200

> the oops message yet... (currently away from machine)

I'm quite certain that this isn't a RTC related oops.  I've got the
same machine and for me the kernel is locking up when remounting the root
r/w.  I'm looking into the issue but don't hold your breath, so much
to do ...

  Ralf