Subject: kernel test & benchmark tools?

From: Fuxin Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 1:56:42 +0800

hello,linux-mips
    I have barely finished porting 2.4 kernel to Algorithmics P6032 board.Now I want
to make it more stable and run faster,is there any well-known test or benchmark tools used
by mips kernel group? There are too many benchmark around,I don't know which is better suit
for kernel test. I heard that linus use lmbench?
    Thanks in advance.
Regards
            Fuxin Zhang
            [email-masked]

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 03:18:13 +0200

> for kernel test. I heard that linus use lmbench?

lmbench is just a microbenchmark which tests certain very specific aspects
of the system call interface.  Application performance can be very different.
I suggest to search google or a well sorted ftp server for benchmarks - there
are many.

  Ralf

---

From: Jun Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:23:35 -0700

> for kernel test. I heard that linus use lmbench?

In addition to lmbench, we have also used PCTS, a POSIX compliant test suite. 
There are some issues in cross-compiling environment, but it should be
straightforward if you do a native build.

http://www.itl.nist.gov/div897/ctg/posix_form.htm

Jun