Subject: Re: Re: Need an account on a Linux/Mips box

From: Zhang Fuxin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 8:42:29 +0800

hi,Guido Guenther，

在 2001-09-24 17:54:00 you wrote：
>On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 05:37:23PM +0200, Raoul Borenius wrote:
>> Does it run without any problems? What kernel (with what patches?) are you
>> running. I'm having troubles running our R4600-Indy:
>> 
>> - Perl is seg-faulting (especially when a perl-script is calling another)
>I'm seeing the same here. The gdb output of these segfaults is rather
>weird too(gotta look that one up though). Never found time to look
>deeper into this.
>> 
>> I'm using kernel-image-2.4.5 from debian but we've had these problems
>> all through 2.4.x.
>Hmm...I'm sure that very early 2.4.x kernels worked quiet well on R4600.
I am using IDTRC64474 cpu,which is essentially a R4600.And kernel here
(based on cvs 20010909,2.4.8) works well too(Except for the 8259 problem
I posted days ago).
>One way to hunt the problem down, would be to roll back to 2.4.0 and
>spot the point in cvs where things break.
>Could it be possible that things fail since glibc uses sysmips?
Maybe,if i use 2.4.8 kernel and the binarys of hardhat2.0,ls etc segfaults
while it works well under its 2.4.2hh kernel.
> -- Guido
>
>-- 
>This kind of limitation can lead administrators to do irrational things,
>      like install Windows. Clearly a fix was required. (lwn.net)

Regards
            Zhang Fuxin
            [email-masked]