Subject: Re: Need an account on a Linux/Mips box

From: Kristoffer Gleditsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 17:47:48 +0200

[ Guido Guenther ]

> Toolchain update problem - recompiling fixes this. I've put recompiled
> debs at:
>
> http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/linux-mips/debian/ssl-tmp/

Thanks, they seem to work fine.

Concerning the other R4600 issues: Our R4600 Indy has 11 days of
uptime now, and Bind 9 is still running fine.  When I switched back to
ssh from ssh-nonfree just now, the calls to update-alternatives in the
prerm-file segfaulted repeatedly.  I'm trying to gather the patience
to debug it now.  :)

-- 
Kristoffer.

---

From: Petri Tapio Koistinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 18:59:52 +0300

Hi!

I have seven Indys for Linux and NetBSD use. Is there somewhere
installation instruction from point zero. Is there CD-ROMs available where
Debian/mips can installed.

Thanks!

Petri

---

From: Ulrik De Bie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 12:33:00 +0200

> prerm-file segfaulted repeatedly.  I'm trying to gather the patience

Quick and dirty hack that might work (I had quite a number of segfaults during
installation and this trick did work): change the /bin/sh between bash and
ash.

Kind regards,
Ulrik De Bie