Subject: Linux 2.4 kernel with sound support

From: Peter Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 19:42:38 +0200

Does anyone know where i can find a mips linux 2.4 kernel with audio 
support? I am running an sgi indy with a R5000 processor, but kernels 
compiled for R4400 works great.

Thanks

Peter

---

From: Jun Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:41:35 -0700

> compiled for R4400 works great.

AFAIK, the following boards/sound drivers work

it8172	ite8172.c
pb1000	au1000.c 
ddb5477	nec_vrc5477.c 

Jun

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 08:37:39 +0200

> compiled for R4400 works great.

R4x00 / R5000 difference are very minor.  A sound driver only exists in
ALSA but that one is for a pretty dated kernel; somebody is currently
trying himself on updating it for a current kernel.

  Ralf