Subject: Some native mips/Indy rpms

From: Robin Humble <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 02:17:39 +1000 (EST)

I spent a while compiling up native mips/Indy rpms to add onto H.J.'s
RedHat 7.1 distro. It took a while to build these (eg. 17hrs per
compile for X) so to save people some time and effort I thought I'd
put them up for download.

Mostly they came from a recent 'rawhide' so they're somewhere between
RH7.1 and RH7.2. The exceptions are XFree4 and glibc which are from
H.J.'s SRPMs. For at least the next few weeks they're at:
  http://www.cita.utoronto.ca/~rjh/mips/

The main ones are XFree4, perl, tcsh, gtk+, glibc and gdm. But there
are lots of other rpms in there too. As far as I can tell they all
work fine.

I'm sure I did some dodgy things to a couple of them whilst making
patches and altering spec files, so don't expect those few to be
elegant or particularly portable. Those packages that I had to tweak
are available in the SRPMS dir.
openjade isn't there either (as I failed to get it to build) but
AFAICT it's not really needed.

I'm away from my Indy 'til Xmas so can't do any more unfortunately :-/

Hope it's useful to someone! :)

cheers,
robin