Subject: "relocation truncated to fit"

From: Peter Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 21:08:10 +0100

Hi, i am trying to compile mozilla 0.9.5 on my indy running mips/redhat 
linux 7.0 and get hundreds of messages telling me "relocation truncated to 
fit: R_MIPS_GOT16". Does anyone know how to get around this? I tried to add 
the ld flags -G O but without success.

Thanks

Peter

---

From: Ryan Murray <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:42:05 -0800

> the ld flags -G O but without success.

0.9.5 should have a -Wa,-xgot section in the makefile for linux/mips, like
netbsd/mips has.  If it doesn't, you'll need to pull that change from cvs.

You'll also need to ensure that libgcc.a and libc_noshared.a are also built
with -Wa,-xgot

-- 
Ryan Murray, Debian Developer ([email-masked], [email-masked])
The opinions expressed here are my own.