Subject: DECStation framebuffer support

From: Guo-Rong Koh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 10:17:00 +1030

Hi all,

I have just decided to try getting Linux running on my DECStation
5000/25 (currently running NetBSD). I succeeded in cross-compiling a
2.4.12 kernel from an i686 Linux box. My main aim is to get the
framebuffer working.

To test the kernel I dumped it on the NetBSD root and hit "boot
3/rz0/vmlinux".

This gets me to "This is a Personal DECStation 5000/xx" then stops.

Any suggestions as to what I should do next?
Framebuffer support for all the framebuffers has been compiled in. The
question is: To what extent does the kernel support console on
framebuffer?

Thanks,
Guo-Rong

__________________________________________________________________
Get your free Australian email account at http://www.start.com.au

---

From: Richard van den Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 16:53:37 +0100 (MET)

> question is: To what extent does the kernel support console on

The kernel should support console on framebuffer, it once did. With the
on-board video the kernel needed 'video=maxinefb:on' as a kernel option,
dunno if that's still the case. You only have the on-board video, no
second video controller?

Greetings,
Richard