Subject: AW: Cross Compiler again

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:38:39 +0100

> Shit in, shit out.  You must be invoking the compiler with some option for
> GP relative optimization.  Won't work.
> 
A typical gcc call is like this:
gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -mno-abicalls -fno-pic -mcpu=r4000 -D_32_
-mips2 -Wa,--trap -pipe -c foo.c -o foo.o

Is there any option missing that might me defaulting to such an
optimization?
I have played with the different -O# options without success.

regards
Andre

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 00:48:04 +1100

> Is there any option missing that might me defaulting to such an

-G 0.

> I have played with the different -O# options without success.

What compiler are you using?  All compilers I've ever released did default
to -G 0.

  Ralf