Subject: AW: Cross Compiler again

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:27:38 +0100

> -G 0.
Thanks that helped for the relocation error.
init/main.o(.text.init+0x7d8): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_GPREL16
execute_command

But I still get a lot of undefined references.
arch/mips/kernel/kernel.o(.debug+0x32e14): undefined reference to `L_E660'
arch/mips/kernel/kernel.o(.debug+0x60e7c): undefined reference to `L_E549'
arch/mips/kernel/kernel.o(.debug+0x8d097): undefined reference to `L_E8015'
arch/mips/kernel/kernel.o(.debug+0x8d0b9): undefined reference to `L_E8015'
arch/mips/kernel/kernel.o(.debug+0x8d168): undefined reference to `L_E8015'
arch/mips/kernel/kernel.o(.debug+0x8d18a): undefined reference to `L_E8015'
...

I believe there is still something wrong with my glibc, but I need to check
that.

> What compiler are you using?  All compilers I've ever released did default
> to -G 0.
I compiled my own gcc using Bradley D. LaRonde's howto.

regards
Andre

---

From: Daniel Jacobowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:31:33 -0500

> I believe there is still something wrong with my glibc, but I need to check

I don't know what compiler you're using, but it isn't working right :)
I suspect you're running afoul of the change in debugging format
between binutils 2.10 and 2.11.2.

-- 
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software                         Debian GNU/Linux Developer