Subject: Bug in Dwarf support?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:13:41 +0100

Hi.

When I compile kernel 2.4.3 with dwarf debug support (using H.J.Lu's gcc
2.96 binaries) I get no path information for source files. 
I did a hexdump of .debug_sfnames with readelf and the path is there but
separated from the filename by a 0x00. For include files the path is ok.
(i.e. the 0x00 is missing) 

Is this a bug or standard? I believe this prevents my debugger from
recognizing the source tree structure.

best regards
Andre Messerschmidt

---

From: Dave Airlie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:49:44 +0000 (GMT)

I had this with a debugger I was beta testing... there is a compile path
stored separate to the path of the file, it needs to use the compile
path, so it is a bug in the debugger not using the full standard.. you can
the info out with gdb (I can't remember the exact incantation...)

Dave.

-- 
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / [email-masked]
pam_smb / Linux DecStation / Linux VAX / ILUG person