Subject: RE: pcmcia

From: "Guillermo A. Loyola" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 00:39:35 -0800

> The pcmcia variable ioaddr_t should be a 32 bit type for my socket
> driver.  Is there any harm to other mips pcmcia socket drivers if we
> apply the patch below?

We need the same here, how about doing this instead:

#ifdef __i386__
typedef u_short   ioaddr_t;
#else
typedef u_int	ioaddr_t;
#endif

Gmo.

---

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Nov 2001 09:35:01 -0800

> typedef u_short   ioaddr_t;

That probably makes more sense.  I wasn't sure if it's only x86 that
needs? ioaddr_t to be a 16 bit type.  

Pete

---

From: Alan Cox <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 17:54:08 +0000 (GMT)

> needs? ioaddr_t to be a 16 bit type.  

Is there any platform where making it int actually -breaks-. At least for
2.5 it would seem a lot saner to just make it bigger and see

Alan

---

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Nov 2001 09:50:51 -0800

On Fri, 2001-11-30 at 09:54, Alan Cox wrote:
> Is there any platform where making it int actually -breaks-. 

I can't see how it would break anything ... but I've said that before. 
It's not a variable which maps a hardware register, a protocol field,
etc, so it should be safe to just make it an int.  

> At least for 2.5 it would seem a lot saner to just make it bigger and see

Pete