Subject: Re: DECStation framebuffer support

From: Guo-Rong Koh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 15:02:01 +1030

>The kernel should support console on framebuffer, it once did. With
the
>on-board video the kernel needed 'video=maxinefb:on' as a kernel
option,
>dunno if that's still the case. You only have the on-board video, no
>second video controller?
>
>Greetings,
>Richard

I've also got a PMAGB-B installed in the system. Since system detects
and uses that as default, I'm guessing the kernel option will be
'video=pmagb-b-fb:on' right?

BTW, thanks for responding, none of this documented anywhere.

Guo-Rong

__________________________________________________________________
Get your free Australian email account at http://www.start.com.au

---

From: Richard van den Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 12:57:06 +0100 (MET)

> 'video=pmagb-b-fb:on' right?

I didn't succeed in getting that to work, my advise would to try it first
with the on-board video.

> BTW, thanks for responding, none of this documented anywhere.

Oh yes it is, do a grep maxinefb on the 1999 mail archive available from
http://home.zonnet.berg56/ and you see it was discussed in june... 

Greetings,
Richard