Subject: MIPS performance counters

From: Chris Dearman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:48:28 +0000

Hi,
  A few days ago someone (sorry, I deleted the mail...) was asking about
support for MIPS performance counters.  Some time ago I ported Mikael
Pettersson's perfctr (http://www.csd.uu.se/~mikpe/linux/perfctr)
driver to 2.2.12 and used that to profile programs running on an
RM7000.  This driver has a reasonably generic interface and supports per
process profiling.
 Unless anyone can suggest a better starting point I'll have a look at
putting this into 2.4.14.

	Regards
		Chris
 
-- 
Algorithmics,The Fruit Farm,Ely Road,Chittering,CAMBS CB5 9PH,ENGLAND
P: +44 1223 706200    F: +44 1223 706250    W: http://www.algor.co.uk

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 02:15:14 +1100

> putting this into 2.4.14.

Aside a few details I liked the proposal posted by Keith Owens.  I guess
his proposal is however more aimed at 2.5 than at 2.4 so for 2.4 your
proposal is probably a good thing.

  Ralf