Subject: gdbserver

From: Lanny DeVaney <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:22:08 -0600

I've looked back through the archives and find some references to 
problems configuring and/or building gdbserver for mips-linux.

I'm attempting to build gdb/gdbserver with --target=mips-linux as well, 
using gdb-5.1.1.  Have the earlier issues (they looked to be 1-2 years 
old) been resolved or am I still looking at a "manual build" process? 
 I'm getting lots of errors with the build, although the configure seems 
to go OK.  x86 host, linux-mips target.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Lanny DeVaney
Red Hat, Inc.

---

From: Johannes Stezenbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 21:45:18 +0100

> to go OK.  x86 host, linux-mips target.

I tried the gdb+dejagnu-20020305 snapshot recently and
both gdb and gdbserver built without problems. IIRC
gdbserver was still broken in gdb-5.1.1.
I haven't used the newly built gdbserver yet, though.

Regards,
Johannes

---

From: Lanny DeVaney <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:46:22 -0600

Thanks.  I used the 20020311 snapshot and it built like a champ.

Thanks,
Lanny DeVaney
Red Hat, Inc.

---

From: Daniel Jacobowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:10:44 -0500

> Thanks for any help you can provide,

As Johannes said, use the current CVS snapshot.  MIPS/Linux support for
gdbserver was only contributed about a month ago.  I'd appreciate bug
reports if it does not work for you, especially as I only tested
little-endian.

-- 
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software                         Debian GNU/Linux Developer

---

From: Lanny DeVaney <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:16:12 -0600

OK, I'll keep up with it.  I'm doing big-endian.

Lanny DeVaney
Red Hat, Inc.