Subject: Re: [Linux-mips-kernel]io.h patch

From: "Bradley D. LaRonde" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 20:55:02 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pete Popov" <[email-masked]>
To: "sforge" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 8:11 PM
Subject: [Linux-mips-kernel]io.h patch

> Some of the macros in io.h cause compile problems in some of the drivers
> because of the do while syntax.  I don't see any good reason why we
> can't make those macros inline functions.  Any objections to this patch?

I pester Ralf about this from time to time.  The standing objection is that
some older gccs don't do inline well.

Regards,
Brad

---

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Mar 2002 18:02:12 -0800

> some older gccs don't do inline well.

That's all true and, in fact, I had run into a compiler problem some
time ago.  However, even then I was able to simply rearrange my C
routine a bit and then the compiler was happy.

Having pci-cardbus support on mips is kind of cool. Running wireless
cards off of it is even better.  Not being able to compile the drivers
because of io.h isn't.

Pete