Subject: PCI VGA Card Initilization (SIS6326 / PT80)

From: "Girish Gulawani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 00:15:51 +0900

hello, all.
i have a PCI/VGA card PT80 with SIS6326 chipset. i am using MILO BIOS source
code. but i am not able to access the internal buffer which is typically at
0xA0000. even the BIOS ROM (0xC0000) read fails to show default value
0xA5A5. the expansion ROM is enabled in PCI by setting D0 bit to 1. however
IO seems okay because the monitor actually switches from power down mode to
normal mode. i have tried using both vgaraw1.c and vgaraw2.c files, but no
success. could anybody help me to solve this problem.
many thanks.
girish.

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

---

From: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:19:00 +0100 (MET)

> success. could anybody help me to solve this problem.

Are you using isa_readb() and friends to access ISA memory space?
Did you set up isa_slot_offset correctly with the start address of ISA memory
space on your MIPS box?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- [email-masked]

In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But
when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that.
							    -- Linus Torvalds

---

From: "Girish Gulawani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 08:46:36 +0900

> Did you set up isa_slot_offset correctly with the start address of ISA
memory
no i am not using isa_readb() etc. infact i am accessing this area 0xA_0000
as Memory/IO in memory mode. i have seen the pci bus transactions, its
generating memory read and memory write commands. but due to some reason
that is still *unknown* to me generates master abort. i always get master
received master abort. could you tell me what could be the reason?

---

From: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:10:16 +0100 (MET)

> received master abort. could you tell me what could be the reason?

Plain memory I/O can work, but is not portable.  You should use isa_readb() and
friends, though, after setting up isa_slot_offset.

It looks like you have access to some PCI bus analyzer? Do you see memory read
and write commands for the correct PCI bus addresses (e.g. 0xa0000)?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert