Subject: fetched 2.4.16 source tree

From: "Nicolas Sauzede" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:05:41 +0100

Hi !

I've got a working debian linux on my Indy, and I fetched the
[kernel-source-2.4.16_2.4.16-1_all.deb] package
but I couldn't recompile it !
There are lots of warning and errors, both for kernel/modules
I began patching (succesfully) ones concerning scsi, but there still remains
keyboard and other part failing to compile..

Do I have to apply some special patch ??
I just D/L [kernel-patch-2.4.16-mips_2.4.16-0.011212.1_all.deb] => is it it
? Is it the best patch, for compiling sources on my Indy ?

Thanks,

Nicolas Sauzede.

---

From: Guido Guenther <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:18:17 +0100

Hi Nicolas,
> Do I have to apply some special patch ??
The diff between mainline and the oss mips kernel is about 4MB so yes,
you need additional patches.

> ? Is it the best patch, for compiling sources on my Indy ?
kernel-patch-2.4.17 is latest. The manpage of make-kpkg describes how to
apply these patches automagically during build.
This is somewhat debian specific, let's move this over to the
debian-mips list.
 -- Guido

---

From: Ladislav Michl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:21:24 +0100 (CET)

> Hi !

hi Nikolas!

> but I couldn't recompile it !

that is not big surprise :-) 2.4.19-pre2 (or cvs) is kernel of your
choice.

	ladis