Subject: Documentation

From: "Gopakumar.C.E" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 21:02:03 +0530

Hi,

Is there any good documentation on how the Linux/Unix code is designed for 
the MIPS processors ? (like how they handle paging, protection etc?)

Thanks
Gopakumar.C.E

-- 

"Vidhya dadathi vinayam" - Education leads to humility (in sanskrit).

--------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/gopakumar_ce/
http://wwwin-people.cisco.com/gopkumar/
--------------------------------

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 23:42:00 -0800

> the MIPS processors ? (like how they handle paging, protection etc?)

The whole VM code is largely generic code sprinkled with a few architecture
specific bits all over include/asm-mips and arch/mips.  The MIPS specific
bits primarily deal with very low level details of memory managment (TLB,
caches) which the actual paging stuff is in the mm/ directory.

I've not document the MIPS-specific parts of memory managment very well
(standard reason - so much work to do, so little time to do it ...) so
feel free to ask me.  The generic Linux memory managment is fairly well
documented in various online resources or a variety of technical books
from your favorite CS bookstore ...

  Ralf