Subject: Re: Indy --> Linux?

From: Guido Guenther <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:32:01 +0200

Hi Gary,
On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 02:12:57PM +0100, [email-masked] wrote:
> OK, no problem!
> 
> Hello Guido 
> Here is a hinv and gxfinfo of my Indy......can it be made to run Linux?? 
[..snip..] 
Linux should run fine on your Indy including audio and XFree86.
There are several distributions available like a Red Hat miniport
available at 
 ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips
and Debian available at:
 ftp.debian.org:/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-mips/current
The later one might be slightly easier to set up since it comes with a
netbooted installer. For more information see
 http://www.debian.org/ports/mips
and
 http://www.linux-debian.de/howto/debian-mips-woody-install.html
Regards,
 -- Guido