Subject: indy scsi

From: Szabo Attila <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 09:55:08 +0200

Hi !

I've put a WD enterprise 4360 Ultra3 scsi disk into my Indy.
It is the only disk, and I disabled the wide negotiating on the disk.
But it is too slow.I'm running debian woody and I've tested it
with hdparm, but the buffered disk reads is just 1.7 MB/sec.
It is very slow !!
Is there any way to make it faster ??

Thanks

-- 
------------------------------------------------------
A t t i l a | [email-masked] | S z a b o
------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 13:49:17 +0200

> Is there any way to make it faster ??

Probably no - 1.7MB/s sound not too bad - Remember - That machine
is 10 Years old and was produced at times a i386 was modern which
had 1MB/s memory bandwidth.

SCSI transfers on the indy/I2 are made with DMA so i guess there is 
no real speedup to expect.

Flo
-- 
Florian Lohoff                  [email-masked]             +49-5201-669912
                        Heisenberg may have been here.