Subject: kernel: EXT2-fs error ?

From: "Robert Rusek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 00:29:27 -0700

I am running Kernel 2.4.17 on an SGI Indy.  I recently noticed that I
have been getting the following error sparatically.  What does this
mean?  The system boots up cleanly and then the fs gets corrupted
somehow.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

May  6 04:02:17 catbert kernel: EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)):
ext2_check_page: bad entry in directory #110032: unaligned di
rectory entry - offset=0, inode=6226015, rec_len=95, name_len=95
May  6 04:02:17 catbert kernel: EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)):
ext2_check_page: bad entry in directory #110056: rec_len is s
maller than minimal - offset=0, inode=2551, rec_len=0, name_len=8
May  6 04:02:17 catbert kernel: EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)):
ext2_check_page: bad entry in directory #110071: rec_len is s
maller than minimal - offset=0, inode=0, rec_len=0, name_len=0
May  6 04:02:17 catbert kernel: EXT2-fs error (device sd(8,1)):
ext2_check_page: bad entry in directory #110081: rec_len is s
maller than minimal - offset=0, inode=547544874, rec_len=0, name_len=0

Thank you in advance,
Rob.