Subject: Does anyone have a 64-bit kernel running ?

From: Carsten Langgaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 09:49:32 +0200

After fixing a lot of stuff, I finally got a 64-bit kernel up and run on
the Malta board.
But there are still a lot of things that doesn't work.
E.g. the read_rtc routine fails, because a "long" is 64-bit in the
kernel and 32-bit in the user application (I run on o32 compiled
userland).
If I replace all "longs" in the read_rtc routine with "integers" it
works fine, but then I will probably break things, once we got a n64
compiled userland.
NFS fails because of a checksum errors in some UDP packages.

Does anyone have any experience in the 64-bit kernel ?

/Carsten

--
_    _ ____  ___   Carsten Langgaard   Mailto:[email-masked]
|\  /|||___)(___   MIPS Denmark        Direct: +45 4486 5527
| \/ |||    ____)  Lautrupvang 4B      Switch: +45 4486 5555
  TECHNOLOGIES     2750 Ballerup       Fax...: +45 4486 5556
                   Denmark             http://www.mips.com