Subject: dump/Restore issues on Indy

From: "Robert Rusek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 14:53:26 -0700

I am having problems doing a restore after a dump.  The dump finishes
without any problems.  I get an invalid header when doing a restore.
When I use tar it works great so I know that it is not a hardware
problem.  I have compiled the lates dump/restore and ef2progs.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Robert Rusek

---

From: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 11:15:04 +0200 (MEST)

> problem.  I have compiled the lates dump/restore and ef2progs.  

Probably not related to the problem, but using dump on Linux (>= 2.4.x) is
unsafe due to the way the buffer cache works.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- [email-masked]

In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But
when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that.
							    -- Linus Torvalds