Subject: DECSTATION breaks xconfig

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: 05 Aug 2002 11:41:49 -0700

This "if" in arch/mips/config-shared.in breaks xconfig because there are
duplicate variables, such as CONFIG_RTC, which are used elsewhere.  Why
does the DECSTATION RTC and SERIAL_CONSOLE selection have to be in this
file instead of selecting it from drivers/char/Config.in?

Pete

if [ "$CONFIG_DECSTATION" = "y" ]; then
   mainmenu_option next_comment
   comment 'DECStation Character devices'

   tristate 'Standard/generic (dumb) serial support' CONFIG_SERIAL
   dep_bool '  DZ11 Serial Support' CONFIG_DZ $CONFIG_SERIAL
   dep_bool '  Z85C30 Serial Support' CONFIG_ZS $CONFIG_SERIAL
$CONFIG_TC
   dep_bool '  Support for console on serial port' CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE
$CONFIG_SERIAL
#   dep_bool 'MAXINE Access.Bus mouse (VSXXX-BB/GB) support'
CONFIG_DTOP_MOUSE $CONFIG_ACCESSBUS
   bool 'Enhanced Real Time Clock Support' CONFIG_RTC
   endmenu
fi

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 14:26:57 +0200 (MET DST)

> file instead of selecting it from drivers/char/Config.in?

 Both files are broken in this area, e.g. CONFIG_SERIAL in the latter one
should be for CONFIG_ISA or CONFIG_PCI only (it isn't, under the
assumption: "everything is a PC").  I'll see if something non-intrusive
can be cooked; otherwise wait for 2.6. 

-- 
+  Maciej W. Rozycki, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland   +
+--------------------------------------------------------------+
+        e-mail: [email-masked], PGP key available        +