Subject: Re: Linux on RM600

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:20:23 +0200

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 02:54:43PM -0800, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> The RM600 is big endian only AFAIK and was running Sinix/Reliant
> only. The RM200 port which existed and which might be completely 
> outdated and non-functional now is for little endian which
> the RM200 were delivered with for running Windows-NT.
> 
> Thus - Its a completely new port ...

Oh, I need my RM200C as a router so I'm just working on resurrecting
that port :)

  Ralf

---

From: Florian Lohoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:23:00 +0200

> Oh, I need my RM200C as a router so I'm just working on resurrecting

Little or Big endian ? I still have an RM200 big endian :)

FLo
-- 
Florian Lohoff                  [email-masked]             +49-5201-669912
                        Heisenberg may have been here.

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:45:49 +0200

> Little or Big endian ? I still have an RM200 big endian :)

Little endian - still don't have a floppy with the big endian firmware ...

  Ralf

---

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:29:12 +0200

On Thu, 2002-08-15 17:45:49 +0200, Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
> Little endian - still don't have a floppy with the big endian firmware ...

Flo has got EB, you've got EL. I once again think about an archive of
EPROM, EEPROM and flash contents... That would especially also help
those broken /240 with MOP-only firmware...

MfG, JBG

-- 
Jan-Benedict Glaw   .   [email-masked]   .   +49-172-7608481
	 -- New APT-Proxy written in shell script --
	   http://lug-owl.de/~jbglaw/software/ap2/

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:03:41 +0200 (MET DST)

> those broken /240 with MOP-only firmware...

 Well, MOP actually works reasonably and is overall better supported by
DEC hardware (consider non-working ARP).  Then there is a legal problem --
the license doesn't permit redistribution.

 That said, I have snapshots of: KN03-AA V5.1b (TFTP broken), KN03-AA
V5.2b (OK) and KN05 V2.1k (OK), as well as of PMAG-CA V5.3a.  I have
images of the host accessible areas of: PMAF-AA 5.2 (ROM rev. 1.0,
firmware rev. 1.1) and PMAGB-BA V1.1, but they are flashable and the
layout may be incorrect for the respective flashers, especially the former
lacks m68k firmware.

-- 
+  Maciej W. Rozycki, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland   +
+--------------------------------------------------------------+
+        e-mail: [email-masked], PGP key available        +