Subject: Re: CVS [email-masked]: linux

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 21:46:41 +0200

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 09:33:40PM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> > 	arch/mips/boot : Tag: linux_2_4 elf2ecoff.c 
> > 
> > Log message:
> > 	Run through indent.  Convert from K&R C to ANSI.  Further crapectomy.
> 
> Only a notice: is by now known what elf2ecoff broke? As an effect, I see
> that modern (TM) elf2ecoffs fail to produce an loadable kernel for my
> indy (which boots fine with ELF, too).
> 
> However, it could also be a problem with changes addresses or so
> somewhere else (eg. ./linux/arch/mips/Makefile)...

Could you try older versions of the elf2ecoff utility from CVS to see
if that is making a difference?

  Ralf

PS: Please obey the reply-to header of linux-cvs postings.  This is not
    a discussion list and I plan to configure the list to send anything
    that isn't a CVS notification to /dev/null in the future.

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:32:19 +0200 (MET DST)

>     that isn't a CVS notification to /dev/null in the future.

 Well, a bounce would likely be a friendlier choice... 

-- 
+  Maciej W. Rozycki, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland   +
+--------------------------------------------------------------+
+        e-mail: [email-masked], PGP key available        +