Subject: What cvs branch to use to compile mips64?

From: Sander Wichers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 10:43:04 +0200

Hi, 

I'm "trying" to compile a mips 64 kernel for a IP28 Indigo 2 R10000 
(using the default binutils and egcs from oss.sgi.com) 

The default cvs branch will not link (even with minimal config options 
selected). The scsi wd93 driver in that branch will not compile at all.. 

So I tried the linux_2_5_[1/2] branches which compile completely but 
don't link: 

arch/mips64/mm/mm.o: In function `local_flush_tlb_mm': 
andes.c(.text+0x11f4): undefined reference to `flush_icache_all' 
arch/mips64/mm/mm.o: In function `local_flush_tlb_range': 
andes.c(.text+0x1374): undefined reference to `flush_icache_all' 
kernel/kernel.o: In function `schedule': 
sched.c(.text+0xfcc): undefined reference to `flush_icache_all' 
kernel/kernel.o: In function `set_cpus_allowed': 
sched.c(.text+0x1a54): undefined reference to `flush_icache_all' 
kernel/kernel.o: In function `end_lazy_tlb': 
exit.c(.text+0x6748): undefined reference to `flush_icache_all' 
fs/fs.o(.text+0xba98):exec.c: more undefined references to 
`flush_icache_all' follow 
fs/fs.o: In function `nfs_read_super': 
inode.c(.text+0x3a244): undefined reference to `nfs_v3_clientops' 
inode.c(.text+0x3a248): undefined reference to `nfs_v3_clientops' 
fs/fs.o: In function `nfs_async_unlink': 
unlink.c(.text+0x40310): undefined reference to `BUG' 
fs/fs.o: In function `unlock_buffer': 
buffer.c(.data+0x2f84): undefined reference to `nfs_version3' 
fs/fs.o: In function `invalidate_bdev': 
buffer.c(.data+0x3eb4): undefined reference to `nlmsvc_procedures4' 
fs/fs.o: In function `balance_dirty_state': 
buffer.c(.data+0x4854): undefined reference to `nlm_version4' 
arch/mips/sgi-ip22/ip22-kern.o: In function `indy_rtc_set_time': 
ip22-time.c(.text.init+0xd84): undefined reference to `bcops' 
ip22-time.c(.text.init+0xd88): undefined reference to `bcops' 
arch/mips64/arc/arclib.a(misc.o): In function `ArcHalt': 
misc.c(.text+0x0): undefined reference to `bcops' 
misc.c(.text+0x4): undefined reference to `bcops' 
arch/mips64/arc/arclib.a(misc.o): In function `ArcPowerDown': 
misc.c(.text+0x6c): undefined reference to `bcops' 
arch/mips64/arc/arclib.a(misc.o)(.text+0x70):misc.c: more undefined 
references to `bcops' follow 
drivers/char/char.o: In function `write_mem': 
mem.c(.text.init+0x138): undefined reference to `serial_console_init' 
net/network.o: In function `move_addr_to_user': 
socket.c(.text.init+0x78): undefined reference to `init_netlink' 
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1 

Am I doing something wrong? Do I have the correct branch? Or do I need 
some patches? 

thanks in advance, 

Sander

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 12:06:11 +0200 (MET DST)

> Am I doing something wrong? Do I have the correct branch? Or do I need 

 The linux_2_4 branch should build and run as it's what most people
actively work on. 

-- 
+  Maciej W. Rozycki, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland   +
+--------------------------------------------------------------+
+        e-mail: [email-masked], PGP key available        +

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 20:07:01 -0700 (PDT)

> Am I doing something wrong? Do I have the correct branch? Or do I need
You are doing two things wrong:
1. Trying to compile cvs HEAD (it's really br0ken now)
2. Trying to compile for IP28. I don't think R10000 speculative execution
workarround esists already. Thus, even if you get kernel to compile,
you'll have very unstable environment.