Subject: [PATCH 2.5] initramfs fix

From: Brian Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 23:03:14 +0100

Hi,
	I have had a little problem with initramfs, Finally I have
found out that the problem is that when I make a flash image I do an
objcopy of the kernel image to get something which can be flashed.
Unfortunately objcopy thinks that the .init.initramfs is a useless section
and throws it away because it does not have the alloc flag set.
Here is a fix.

/Brian

Index: usr/Makefile
===================================================================
RCS file: /home/cvs/linux/usr/Makefile,v
retrieving revision 1.1
diff -u -r1.1 Makefile
--- usr/Makefile	5 Nov 2002 15:18:25 -0000	1.1
+++ usr/Makefile	7 Nov 2002 21:59:31 -0000
@@ -17,6 +17,7 @@
 	$(OBJCOPY) $(ARCHBLOBLFLAGS) \
 		--only-section=.init.initramfs \
 		--add-section=.init.initramfs=$(obj)/initramfs_data.cpio.gz \
+		--set-section-flags .init.initramfs=alloc \
 		$(obj)/empty.o $(obj)/initramfs_data.o
 	$(STRIP) -s $(obj)/initramfs_data.o