Subject: does read/write trasaction hangs indicate SDRAM problem..?

From: "atul srivastava" <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Nov 2002 13:54:54 -0000

Hello,

I was trying to debug a page fault problem with watch exceptions 
but
since these exceptions (lower priority) come after the page fault 
and sometime it will also get deferred till ERL and EXL bits are 
cleared hence in this specific case they aren't helping me.

other option can be to take support of EJTAG debug available on 
my
CPU.

meanwhile i have noticed and simply tried to read the value and 
write
something on few userspace addresses(0x0 - 0x7fff_ffff) from my 
kernel and surprisingly it just hangs..ideally from my kernel i 
should be able to access all these addresses .

further VXWORKS port run fine on same piece of hardware ..does it 
looks like some mem bank configuration problem in my bootrom , or 
vxworks runs
it may be a matter of chance because of its specific 
configuration.

any suggestions ..

Best Regards,
Atul