Subject: A problem about gprof

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:27:16 +0100

Hi dear experts,
  In order to use the gprof in the SDE 5.02 toolchain, I compiled a program
with '-p' option but the compiler responsed with a error. I have checked the
startup assembly code crt0.sx. There is an address operation which need the
address of '_ecode'. Which library has the symbol '_ecode'?  Could you give
me a clue?
  Thanks in advance!

  Best regards,

  Yidan

PS. The following is the error messge:
sde-gcc -O -g -mcpu=4kc -mips32 -EB -mno-float  -DGNUSIM -D__SIM
'-Afloat(no)'
  -I../../kit/GSIM32B/../gnusim   -c    -DMCRT0 ../../kit/share/crt0.sx -o
mcrt0
.o
sde-gcc -g -p -mcpu=4kc -mips32 -EB -mno-float  -DGNUSIM -D__SIM
'-Afloat(no)'
  -I../../kit/GSIM32B/../gnusim   -c hello.c -o hello.o
sde-make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/sde/sde/kit/GSIM32B'
sde-make[1]: Nothing to be done for `kit'.
sde-make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/sde/sde/kit/GSIM32B'
sde-gcc -mcpu=4kc -mips32 -EB -mno-float   -Ttext 80000400
-L../../kit/GSIM32B
../../kit/GSIM32B/ramstart.o mcrt0.o hello.o   -lc  -lram -lgcc -lc -le
-lram -l
c -lgcc ../../kit/GSIM32B/crtn.o -o ex1ram
mcrt0.o: In function `__fini':
/cygdrive/c/sde/sde/examples/helloworld/../../kit/share/crt0.sx(.text+0x60):
und
efined reference to `_ecode'
/cygdrive/c/sde/sde/examples/helloworld/../../kit/share/crt0.sx(.text+0x64):
und
efined reference to `_ecode'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
sde-make: *** [ex1ram] Error 1

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 07:58:11 +0100

> address of '_ecode'. Which library has the symbol '_ecode'?  Could you give

There is no crt0.something in Linux.  Seems your compiler is configured
for some obscure target.  Rebuild your compiler for mips-linux or
mipsel-linux as target.  Zero chance otherwise.

  Ralf