Subject: Is the CVS server down?

From: Tibor Polgar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:44:11 -0800

I'm trying to get in to suck down the 2.4.19 tree but get:

> cvs -d :pserver:[email-masked]:/home/cvs login
Logging in to :pserver:[email-masked]:2401/home/cvs
CVS password: 
cvs [login aborted]: connect to ftp.linux-mips.org(62.254.210.162):2401
failed: Connection refused

Per the website i'm using the password of "cvs" (without quotes).  Is it just
our site/firewall?

Thanks
Tibor

---

From: James Simmons <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 19:48:23 +0000 (GMT)

No. I had the same experience.

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:00:21 +0100 (MET)

> No. I had the same experience.

 The server is intentionally down for a while.

-- 
+  Maciej W. Rozycki, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland   +
+--------------------------------------------------------------+
+        e-mail: [email-masked], PGP key available        +

---

From: Tibor Polgar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:36:33 -0800

>  The server is intentionally down for a while.

CVSWeb is still up so i assume the place isn't down.  

Any chance you can throw a tarball my way then?  I urgently need to sync up
from a 2.4.17 MontaVista release in hopes of getting around an LCD
configuration problem.

If not, then any idea when it will be available again?

Thanks
Tibor

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 03:29:56 +0100

> Per the website i'm using the password of "cvs" (without quotes).  Is it just

No.  A remote exploitable security hole has been discovered in the cvs
server code so I had to shutdown the server temporarily.  The service is
back since the whole hole has been plugged.

As for firewalls I'd like to mention that linux-mips.org is running with
ECN enabled.  That means sites still running broken firewalls such as
certain versions of the Cisco PIX may experience problems when using
certain linux-mips.org services such as active mode ftp and email.  Time
to upgrade the firewall, fixed versions are out since long and ECN has
become the law ...

  Ralf