Subject: Re: XFree XZ support

From: Skippie <[email-masked]> (by way of Skippie <[email-masked]>)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:32:36 +0100

> This is a card that's magnitudes too complex to support.  Even with docs
> it was to hard.  Something as trivial as printing a character to the
> screen involves writing firmware for the i860 processor(s) of the XZ.
>
>   Ralf

I will have to wait until there is Xfree support for this card.
(if this will ever be)

Thanks for all the reactions.

--
Greetz
Skippie
--
mail: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:46:11 -0800

Hold it there. I thought Impacts are the ones with i860...
You were either lying to me back then, or now.

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:48:14 +0100

> You were either lying to me back then, or now.

Watch your words.

The Reality series are using upto about a dozen i860s in the gfx pipeline.
XZ and Impact is a relativly simple gfx in comparison - I'm told there is
about a dozen different graphics platforms that share nothing but the
basic architecture and all are marketed as XZ.  I just hope that isn't
true ...

  Ralf