Subject: Problems booting

From: Justin Pauley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:11:14 -0500

Well, MOPD works now! And I installed debian linux. However, now when i
try to boot with:
boot 3/rz0/vmlinux console=ttyS0 
I get the following:
delo V0.7 Copyright....
extfs_open returned Unknown ext2 error(2133571404)
Couldnt fetch config.file /etc/delo.cconf

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Justin

---

From: Karsten Merker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 07:10:48 +0100

> Couldnt fetch config.file /etc/delo.cconf

Try just booting with "boot 3/rz0" without further parameters. Delo takes
its parameters a bit differently than e.g. Ultrixboot and if given no
parameters, it should use the default values from the installation process.
If this does not help: do you have /boot and /etc on the same partition? If
not, this might cause the problem. AFAIK delo cannot handle the config file
on one and the kernel on another partition. Flo, Thiemo?

To get the box booted, you can netboot the installed system with the image
from

http://people.debian.org/~merker/experimental_packages/bf-pre3.0.24-20021224/unpacked/r3k-kn02/linux.bin

which is an ELF kernel image that can be booted via MOP ("boot 3/mop
console=ttyS0" should do it).

HTH,
Karsten
-- 
#include <standard_disclaimer>
Nach Paragraph 28 Abs. 3 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
oder Uebermittlung meiner Daten fuer Werbezwecke oder fuer die Markt- oder
Meinungsforschung.

---

From: Thiemo Seufer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 06:18:59 +0100

> > extfs_open returned Unknown ext2 error(2133571404)

I believe this is fixed in my improved version of delo. If you aren't afraid
of raw source tarballs and want to try it out, it's available at
http://www.csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de/homes/ths/linux-mips/delo/

> on one and the kernel on another partition. Flo, Thiemo?

Yes, still true, even for my improved version of delo.

Thiemo