Subject: compiling mips64 problem

From: Jason Ormes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:29:16 -0600

Hello,

I downloaded and installed from ftp.linux-mips.org

binutils-mips64-linux-2.13.1-1.i386.rpm
egcs-mips64-linux-1.1.2-4.i386.rpm

I got the kernel from the cvs repository and configured it for a mips64
kernel.

When I try to build it I get 

arch/mips64/lib/memcpy.S: Assembler messages:
arch/mips64/lib/memcpy.S:220: Error: illegal operands `lw
t4,((4)*4)($5)'
arch/mips64/lib/memcpy.S:221: Error: illegal operands `lw
t7,((5)*4)($5)'
arch/mips64/lib/memcpy.S:230: Error: illegal operands `sw
t4,((-4)*4)($4)'
arch/mips64/lib/memcpy.S:231: Error: illegal operands `sw
t7,((-3)*4)($4)'
make[1]: *** [arch/mips64/lib/memcpy.o] Error 1

could someone throw me a bone and let me know what I'm doing wrong?

Jason Ormes

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:50:03 +0100

> could someone throw me a bone and let me know what I'm doing wrong?

Hey, a new problem, seems you were creative ;-)

What commands did you use to configure and compile this kernel?

  Ralf

---

From: Jason Ormes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:14:51 -0600

> What commands did you use to configure and compile this kernel?
well,

I went into the linux folder and did a make menuconfig.  I changed the cpu 
selection to mips64 and went to the kernel hacking section and turned on the 
are you using a cross compiler option.  exited and saved.

commands used after that were

make ARCH=mips64 dep
make ARCH=mips64 all

any thoughts?

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:15:19 +0100

> commands used after that were

make ARCH=mips64 menuconfig

  Ralf

---

From: Jason Ormes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:53:00 -0600

Hey that did it thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ralf Baechle
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 8:15 AM
To: Jason Ormes
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: compiling mips64 problem

  Ralf