Subject: Re: CVS [email-masked]: linux

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 07:28:57 +0100

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 05:36:11PM +0000, [email-masked] wrote:

> Modified files:
> 	include/asm-mips: Tag: linux_2_4 checksum.h 
> 	include/asm-mips64: Tag: linux_2_4 checksum.h 
> 
> Log message:
> 	Fix a restoration of assembler's settings in csum_ipv6_magic().

Wow, how did you catch this one - running IPv6?

  Ralf

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:04:26 +0100 (MET)

> Wow, how did you catch this one - running IPv6?

 I do run IPv6 -- I get to my 32-bit box with SSH over IPv6 just to make
sure I'll find more bugs (the previous one was the multicast filter). ;-) 
I even have ipv6.o as a module (which also triggered bugs in the past). 
Will have to try with the 64-bit box. ;-)))

 But this bug I've actually spotted studying compiler's diagnostic output
-- a "Macro instruction expanded into multiple instructions in a branch
delay slot" warning isn't normal for a .c file. 

-- 
+  Maciej W. Rozycki, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland   +
+--------------------------------------------------------------+
+        e-mail: [email-masked], PGP key available        +