Subject: profiling SMP/SB1250

From: Jamal Hadi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 00:18:59 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Newbie to MIPS here and not on the list (so cc me please).
I am playing around with a SB1250 board; it has two CPUs. Attempt to
kernel profile:
on bootup selected profile=2 to enable profiling(validated because
/proc/profile shows up). readprofile produce some strange
output after i ran a lot of interupt related stresses. The output seems
to claim the CPU was idle ... I know it was not.
The SB1250 ties all IO interupts on CPU0 - i wonder if this was causing me
some issues? Is what i am doing the right way to turn on profiling on
MIPS or the SB1250?

cheers,
jamal

---

From: Jamal Hadi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 13:52:09 -0400 (EDT)

As a followup to my own question and incase someone is interested;
profiling works fine - you need to use -n option to readprofile
(which is not needed in x86).
If anyone knows what tools to use check cache misses etc on the
bcom 1250, please email me.

cheers,
jamal