Subject: special include/asm/siginfo.h for MIPS

From: Jun Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 19:11:24 -0700

MIPS has different values from all other arches in this file.
(such as SIGEV_NONE, etc)  Does anybody know why?

Because of this in 2.5 everybody else now goes to use the 
the generic version of siginfo, while MIPS uses its own special
version.

Even worse the new usage of SIGEV_XXX seems to suggest
sigev_notify is bitwise-or'ed flag instead of enumeration of integers.
This is in a direct conflict with current MIPS values.

Any thoughts?  Can we just use what other arches are using?

Jun

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 14:48:10 +0200

> Any thoughts?  Can we just use what other arches are using?

No.  Changing the Linux ABI is not an option without forcing reason
unless you somehow can show that some interface simply wasn't used.

  Ralf