Subject: mathinline.h + cross-compiler

From: Benjamin Menküc <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 15:17:43 +0200

When I compile gcc with glibc I get the following error:

/home/benmen/mips/mipsel-gcc/gcc/xgcc -B/home/benmen/mips/mipsel-gcc/gcc/ 
-B/home/benmen/mipsel/mipsel-linux/bin/ 
-B/home/benmen/mipsel/mipsel-linux/lib/ -isystem 
/home/benmen/mipsel/mipsel-linux/include -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -O2 -g -O2 -I. 
-I../../../gcc-3.2.3/libiberty/../include  -W -Wall -Wtraditional -pedantic 
../../../gcc-3.2.3/libiberty/floatformat.c
../../../gcc-3.2.3/libiberty/floatformat.c: In function 
`floatformat_to_double':
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:524: inconsistent operand 
constraints in an `asm'
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:524: inconsistent operand 
constraints in an `asm'
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h: In function `atan2':
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:425: unknown register name 
`st(1)' in `asm'
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h: In function `atan2f':
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:425: unknown register name 
`st(1)' in `asm'
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h: In function `atan2l':
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:425: unknown register name 
`st(1)' in `asm'
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h: In function `__atan2l':
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:426: unknown register name 
`st(1)' in `asm'
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h: In function `fmod':
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:429: unknown register name `ax' 
in `asm'
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h: In function `fmodf':
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:429: unknown register name `ax' 
in `asm'
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h: In function `fmodl':
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:429: unknown register name `ax' 
in `asm'
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h: In function `atan':
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:466: unknown register name 
`st(1)' in `asm'
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h: In function `atanf':
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:466: unknown register name 
`st(1)' in `asm'
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h: In function `atanl':
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:466: unknown register name 
`st(1)' in `asm'
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h: In function `log1p':
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:539: unknown register name 
`st(1)' in `asm'
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h: In function `log1pf':
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:539: unknown register name 
`st(1)' in `asm'
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h: In function `log1pl':
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:539: unknown register name 
`st(1)' in `asm'
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h: In function `asinh':
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:539: unknown register name 
`st(1)' in `asm'
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h: In function `asinhf':
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:539: unknown register name 
`st(1)' in `asm'
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h: In function `asinhl':
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:539: unknown register name 
`st(1)' in `asm'
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h: In function `atanh':
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:539: unknown register name 
`st(1)' in `asm'
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h: In function `atanhf':
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:539: unknown register name 
`st(1)' in `asm'
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h: In function `atanhl':
/home/benmen/mipsel/include/bits/mathinline.h:539: unknown register name 
`st(1)' in `asm'
make[1]: *** [floatformat.o] Fehler 1
make[1]: Leaving directory 
`/home/benmen/mips/mipsel-gcc/mipsel-linux/libiberty'
make: *** [all-target-libiberty] Fehler 2
Verzeichnis: ~/mips/mipsel-gcc
[benmen@linuxpc1 mipsel-gcc]

This issue has already been in this list 
http://www.spinics.net/lists/mips/msg12229.html but without an answer... 

I have linked the asm dir from the kernel sources into my mipsel/include ... 
However I can not find a mips-specific mathinline.h... There is not 
include/bits dir for mips anywhere....

I configure gcc like this (the last 2 options don't change anything for me): 

[benmen@linuxpc1 mipsel-gcc] ../gcc-3.2.3/configure --target=mipsel-linux 
--enable-languages=c,c++ --prefix=/home/benmen/mipsel 
--with-libs=/home/benmen/mipsel/lib 
--with-headers=/home/benmen/mips/kernel/mips-2.4.20/include 
--includedir=/home/benmen/mips/include

regards,

Ben