Subject: RE: linux on SHARP mips3000

From: "Roy Maligro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 01:40:16 +0800

Hi,
  i have here a Handheld PC SHARP Telios with MIPS3000 family processor and 
installed a windows CE japanese. My problem is that i want to convert my HPC 
into a linux OS under MIPS family because i cannot understand a japanese 
language, i'm more on english side. This unit is only a gift for me of my 
japanese pal.
Is there any workaround to convert that into a linux? is it possible?. I'm 
basically less knowledge in linux. I hope you can give me some tips and idea 
how to install a linux in my HPC.
I'm very thankfull if you can help me.

Thanks! more power to linux-mips.org!

ROY

_________________________________________________________________
Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online 
http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

---

From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 19:59:45 +0200

http://www.sikigami.com/~fuku/linux-telios/index-en.html

---

From: "Erik J. Green" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 21:37:09 +0000

As long as we're on the subject of pocket PCs, has anyone done anything for the
Fujitsu Pencentra 130?  I know NetBSD sort of runs on it, but I'm not sure if
they got anything but the console port working.

Erik

-- 
Erik J. Green
[email-masked]

---

From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 12:09:54 +0200

I found the site for the Telios in 5 seconds with Google.
Have you done any searching at all on the Pencentra?

---

From: "Erik J. Green" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 13:29:17 +0000

> Have you done any searching at all on the Pencentra?

Something like ~50 searches using multiple keywords, and found nothing but a few
vague mentions of people getting Netbsd to boot, or stating that Linux runs on
the 130.  No touchpad drivers/info, or any technical info on the Pencentra
hardware, which is what I really wanted.  

It's all well and good that the kernel boots using a bootloader from CE, but
it's much more useful if there are drivers for hardware other than the serial
port.  Hence the question here, in the heart of Linux/mips development, which
will tell me if I'm about to re-invent the wheel trying to get this thing up and
running.

Erik

> > > > installed a windows CE japanese. My problem is that i want to convert
> my
> > > HPC

-- 
Erik J. Green
[email-masked]