Subject: 64bit gcc

From: David Kesselring <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:39:15 -0400 (EDT)

I'm trying to build gcc from "Marco's" gcc source and patches for 2.9xxxx.
I have also changed t-elf and elf64.h based on notes from
www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~s2174381/notes/gcc.html. But during the make I get
the following error. It looks like it's building 16bit code that I don't
need. Any comments are appreciated.
BTW, my target is a Mips 5kf core, little endian.

///////////////////////////////////////
rm -f tmplibgcc1.a libgcc1.S
cp ./config/mips/mips16.S libgcc1.S
for name in _m16addsf3 _m16subsf3 _m16mulsf3 _m16divsf3 _m16eqsf2
_m16nesf2 _m16gtsf2 _m16gesf2 _m16lesf2 _m16ltsf2 _m16fltsisf _m16fixsfsi
_m16adddf3 _m16subdf3 _m16muldf3 _m16divdf3 _m16extsfdf2 _m16trdfsf2
_m16eqdf2 _m16nedf2 _m16gtdf2 _m16gedf2 _m16ledf2 _m16ltdf2 _m16fltsidf
_m16fixdfsi _m16retsf _m16retdf _m16stub1 _m16stub2 _m16stub5 _m16stub6
_m16stub9 _m16stub10 _m16stubsf0 _m16stubsf1 _m16stubsf2 _m16stubsf5
_m16stubsf6 _m16stubsf9 _m16stubsf10 _m16stubdf0 _m16stubdf1 _m16stubdf2
_m16stubdf5 _m16stubdf6 _m16stubdf9 _m16stubdf10; \
do \
  echo ${name}; \
  /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/gcc/gcc/xgcc -B/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/gcc/gcc/
-B/usr/local/mips64el/bin/ -I/usr/local/mips64el/include -O2
-DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC    -g -O2   -I./include  -G 0 -g1  -DIN_LIBGCC2
-D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED -Dinhibit_libc  -I. -I. -I./config -I./../include
-c -DL${name} libgcc1.S;
\
  if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then true; else exit 1; fi; \
  mv libgcc1.o ${name}.o; \
  mips64el-ar rc tmplibgcc1.a ${name}.o; \
  rm -f ${name}.o; \
done
_m16addsf3
as: unrecognized option `-EL'
make[1]: *** [libgcc1-asm.a] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/gcc/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
////////////////////////////////////////////////

David Kesselring
Atmel MMC
[email-masked]
919-462-6587