Subject: Re: CVS [email-masked]: linux

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:46:05 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 [email-masked] wrote:

> Modified files:
> 	arch/mips/lib  : memcpy.S 
> 	arch/mips64/lib: memcpy.S 
> 
> Log message:
> 	fix bug in getting the thread's BUADDR in l_exc case

 There's still missing a load delay slot filler there.  I'm checking in an
obvious fix immediately.

-- 
+  Maciej W. Rozycki, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland   +
+--------------------------------------------------------------+
+        e-mail: [email-masked], PGP key available        +

---

From: "Kip Walker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 13:32:40 -0700

>  There's still missing a load delay slot filler there.  I'm checking in an

What about the other back-to-back loads in that file (9 lines above)? 
My CPU doesn't care about the load delay slot, so I didn't think to add
the nop.  At least my patch didn't introduce the problem ;-)

Kip

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 22:48:12 +0200 (MET DST)

> What about the other back-to-back loads in that file (9 lines above)? 

 Oops -- I've missed that one even though I've browsed through the file. 
Thanks for pointing it out. 

> My CPU doesn't care about the load delay slot, so I didn't think to add

 I hope you haven't realized of the problem rather than ignored it.  I
think the nops should eventually be replaced with macros that would
conditionally expand to nothing.  But correctness first and performance
later. 

> the nop.  At least my patch didn't introduce the problem ;-)

 But it let me notice it.  Better late than never.