Subject: Sony WebTV Nevada rm5230-167q

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 02:23:27 -0700 (PDT)

Spelling/Grammer
If your serious, here is some feedback on spelling grammer.
http://linux.junsun.net/porting-howto/
do a grep diff on these lines
--
You can find much help on this if you are not very comfortable.
Most of the stuff is being moved
may leave bugs there for quite a long time
 and the machine used to
Kgdb can be enormously helpful for your development. Definitely recommended.
--
I can start at chapter two tomorrow if you really want the practice.

My needs:
[email-masked]
Sony WebTV Nevada rm5230-167q
What kind of work would it require to bootstrap the kernel from Sony WebTV
Pro Model INT-W200, 167MHz, the modem is a 56K flex, 8megs of RAM, a IDE
Seagate 1.1 GB hardrive and there is a cable/TV tuner. This unit has a
WebTV Port (SCSI?). The drives partitions are not recognized by fdisk. The
keyboard is IRDA, no external ps2 port but solder connections to put one
in. Should I try to read the bootsector hexdata? Could we burn a new ROM?
How would I do a ROM dump? QED Quantum website inst avaliable, are there
docs and specs?
This should be fun...
Eric