Subject: Which toolchain? Trouble at kernel-starting

From: Achim Hensel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 21:11:36 +0200

Hello, 

I want to start some work for the Indigo1 (IP20). So, I need a working
kernel.

At first I tried the tftpboot.img from the debian indy install. After
the tftpload, it stopped with a message "Yeee, could not determine
architecture type <SGI-IP20>" as expected.

Later I compiled a kernel with no changes, just as a starting point for
work. After some experience, I got it compiled, converted to ecoff and
loaded, but after the kernel load, the machine dies silently - no
messages, nothing. 

I used the sdelinux toolchain mentioned at the linux-mips homepage,
and the latest CVS 2.4-kernel from linux-mips, and some other toolchains
and kernels.

Does anybody have some idea, which toolchain/kernel source was used for
the debian tftp boot installer image?
 
(Or what might cause these symptoms?)

Thank you,
	Achim Hensel

---

From: Guido Guenther <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 01:05:46 +0200

> I want to start some work for the Indigo1 (IP20). So, I need a working
Several people worked on IP20 already. Maybe it's easier to start from
their work.

> the debian tftp boot installer image?
apt-get source kernel-patch-2.4.19-mips
with Debian's GCC 2.95.4 and binutils about 2.12.90.0.1.
 -- Guido