Subject: Booting Kernel on RM200

From: Michael Gruetzner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:40:09 +0200

Hello,

I've still got some trouble booting the kernel on my RM200. This is what 
i did:
I've downloaded milo and the precompiled kernel image from 
ftp.linux-mips.org. Then I burned milo and vmlinux on a cdr. When I 
start milo on the RM200 everything looks fine but milo doesn't load the 
image from cd. So I copied vmlinux onto a floppy. Now milo is able to 
find the image an it seems to load the kernel. After a few minutes(yes 
it takes that long) milo says: "Booting the kernel..." but nothing 
happens. I also tried a kernel that I've crosscompiled on my box but 
then milo says "Not a mips kernel" (because it was compiled as 
mipsel-linux - what seems to be the right because with ARC firmware the 
RM200 is little endian).
So could you please give me some advice how I can boot a linux kernel on 
such a box.

Thank you very much in advance.

Michael

-- 
printk("CPU[%d]: Sending penguins to jail...",smp_processor_id());
  [... 20 lines ...]
printk("CPU[%d]: Giving pardon to imprisoned penguins\n", 
smp_processor_id());
         2.4.8 arch/sparc64/kernel/smp.c