Subject: Re: CVS [email-masked]: linux

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 16:25:53 +0200

On Sun, 2003-06-01 13:07:46 +0100, [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
wrote in message <[email-masked]>:

> Log message:
> 	Merge with Linux 2.5.50.

Today's hero: Bacchus!

MfG, JBG
PS: Thinking about feeding arch with Linus' tree, the parisc one and
l-m.org's CVS tree just to evaluate if the holy merge can be done at all
(cf. http://www.lug-owl.de/~jbglaw/linux-ports/ ).

Currently, I'm thinking about a 2.5.<x>-port<n> tree which I basically
plan to feed by CVS/bk/... log mails. While at it, I'm asking for a list
which gets complete log incl. patch sent to.

Bacchus?

-- 
   Jan-Benedict Glaw       [email-masked]    . +49-172-7608481
   "Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg
    fuer einen Freien Staat voll Freier Bürger" | im Internet! |   im Irak!
      ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 17:56:29 +0200

> (cf. http://www.lug-owl.de/~jbglaw/linux-ports/ ).

Please don't feed anything that's maintained on linux-mips.org to Linus.
Having to sort out what of all the patches flowing forward and backward
is bogus and not would become a huge pain for me.

> which gets complete log incl. patch sent to.

An item on my to do list since a long time ...

  Ralf

---

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 18:10:06 +0200

On Sun, 2003-06-01 17:56:29 +0200, Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
> is bogus and not would become a huge pain for me.

I do know that and I'm for sure far away from pushing patches upwards.
_But_ I want to pull things. This way, I can *early* unhide problems
some archs imply to common code and thus I can ask their maintainers to
not let major (upcoming) problems out of their eyes...

> An item on my to do list since a long time ...

Here's even some requestor! That'd help me a lot, I think.

Ralf, you've been a fire fighter, right? I'm near over-heating just
right now...

MfG, JBG