Subject: mips64/setup.c

From: David Kesselring <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:54:15 -0400 (EDT)

Is the file mips64/setup.c used? I believe that I see two problems in it;
1) The Ocelot options in setup_arch have case statements without a switch.
2) There is no option for Sead but the mips64 build for sead compiles
fine.
Is this some leftovers from some merging that has been talked about?

David Kesselring
Atmel MMC
[email-masked]
919-462-6587

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:52:26 +0200

> 1) The Ocelot options in setup_arch have case statements without a switch.

Ocelot 64-bit kernel is currently work in progress.  A first cut of
the patch was posted to this mailing list a few days ago.

> 2) There is no option for Sead but the mips64 build for sead compiles

The fun of when two almost identical files go out of sync.

> Is this some leftovers from some merging that has been talked about?

No.  The big merge thing did only happen in 2.6.  It's way to intrusive
for 2.4.

  Ralf

---

From: David Kesselring <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:22:45 -0400 (EDT)

> The fun of when two almost identical files go out of sync.
Then do you know what is happening when 64bit sead is configured? Why
doesn't the compile fail?

David Kesselring
Atmel MMC
[email-masked]
919-462-6587

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 22:17:13 +0200

> doesn't the compile fail?

This is easy, there is a function call missing which won't cause an
error message unlike a missing function.  Don't ask me why - it just seems
the 64-bit SEAD port was never completly sent to me or so.  Anyway, I
just fixed this in the linux_2_4 CVS branch; as the result of merging
mips with mips64 this bug was magically dealt with in 2.6.

  Ralf