Subject: 2.4: typo in system.h / __save_and_sti

From: Johannes Stezenbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:03:22 +0200

Hi,

I noticed a typo in the (apparently unused) __save_and_sti() macro:

include/asm/system.h (both mips and mips64, linux_2_4 branch):

#define __save_and_sti(x)                                               \
__asm__ __volatile__(                                                   \
        "__save_and_cli\t%0"                                            \
                    ^^^
        : "=r" (x)                                                      \
        : /* no inputs */                                               \
        : "memory")

Johannes

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 05:21:19 +0200

> I noticed a typo in the (apparently unused) __save_and_sti() macro:

Thanks for noticing this one.  Yes, __save_and_sti() seems unused
except by local_irq_set() which itself is unused.  The operation it
performs seems to be of little use but anyway, as a pointless exercise
appropriate for 5:20am hacking I fixed it in CVS.

  Ralf