Subject: No mouse support for Indy in 2.5.75 ?

From: "Frank Förstemann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:37:06 +0200

Hi.

I tried kernel version 2.5.75 on my Indy. It works fine with the
exception that the mouse in XFree86 does not move. The devices are 
available, but event debugging shows no mouse events at all. Are there
any special configuration options for the Indy mouse except the ones in
the 'input' section ? Dmesg output and kernel configuration are
attached.

Regards

Frank

______________________________________________________________________________
Spam-Filter fuer alle - bester Spam-Schutz laut ComputerBild 15-03
WEB.DE FreeMail - Deutschlands beste E-Mail - http://s.web.de/?mc=021120

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:49:04 +0200

> the 'input' section ? Dmesg output and kernel configuration are

We knew there was something wrong in that area; the probe for kbd and mouse
also takes very long on the Indy.  What worries me more are those
kernel messages from your log:

mount: Exception at [<88113a38>] (88113bf0)
mount: Exception at [<88113a38>] (88113bf0)
mount: Exception at [<88113a38>] (88113bf0)

  Ralf