Subject: GPIO support for db1100

From: Yasushi SHOJI <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:54:08 +0900

Steve and all,

I'd like to add gpio support to db1100 and/or au1100.

since there already is au1000_gpio.c in driver/char, should I go
fixing and renaming au1000_gpio.c to au1x00_gpio.c or create
au1100_gpio.c and asm-mips/au1100_gpio.h?

tia,
--
       yashi

---

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Aug 2003 09:06:33 -0700

> au1100_gpio.c and asm-mips/au1100_gpio.h?

Why do you need to rename the file? The only way to do that with cvs is
to delete it and add the new file, and then you lose all cvs log info.
It would have been nice to have named the file au1x00_gpio instead of
au1000_gpio, but I don't think that's critical to using the driver.

Pete

---

From: Yasushi SHOJI <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:02:23 +0900

At 19 Aug 2003 09:06:33 -0700,
> au1000_gpio, but I don't think that's critical to using the driver.

I agree that file name is not critial at all.

so should I go with ifdef's to add au1100's primary and secondary gpio
support in au1000_gpio.c?

yes, even with primary gpio, pin assign differ between au1000 and
au1100. that means avail_mask in struct pinfuc_to_avail must change,
IMHO.
--
        yashi

---

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Aug 2003 17:07:52 -0700

> au1100. that means avail_mask in struct pinfuc_to_avail must change,

Well, if there's too many changes, then perhaps a new driver is in
order. The secondary gpio on the au1100 and au1500 are similar, I think.
Perhaps you can make the driver work on both CPUs :)?

Pete

---

From: Yasushi SHOJI <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:15:30 +0900

At 19 Aug 2003 17:07:52 -0700,
> Perhaps you can make the driver work on both CPUs :)?

I'll try. but don't have au1500 here. so I need someone to test it.
--
        yashi