Subject: C0 config reg for 5k core

From: David Kesselring <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:28:46 -0400 (EDT)

Has anyone else built linux 2.4 for a 5k or 5kf core? When comparing cpu.h
and the MIPS64 5K Processor Core Family Software Users Manual it doesn't
look to me that the c0-config1 reg is defined the same way. Am I reading
something wrong? For example in the spec FPU flag is bit0 while in cpu.h
it is bit4. Seems pretty basic.

David Kesselring
Atmel MMC
[email-masked]
919-462-6587

---

From: Mike Uhler <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Aug 2003 12:32:08 -0700

Bit 0 of Config1 is FPU-present.  Bit 4 is "Performance counters
present".  I guarantee you that the 5K family implements this
pattern.

/gmu

-- 

Michael Uhler, Chief Technology Officer
MIPS Technologies, Inc.  Email: [email-masked]  Pager:[email-masked]
1225 Charleston Road     Voice:  (650)567-5025  FAX:   (650)567-5225
Mountain View, CA 94043  Mobile: (650)868-6870  Admin: (650)567-5085

---

From: David Kesselring <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:57:59 -0400 (EDT)

Is this reg, supposed to be the same among all processor or does it
differ?

David Kesselring
Atmel MMC
[email-masked]
919-462-6587

---

From: Mike Uhler <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Aug 2003 13:00:30 -0700

For MIPS32 and MIPS64 processors (the 5K is MIPS64), it is
architecturally defined and required, and the compatibility
verification testing verifies it (and, yes, we do run compatibility
verification testing on our own cores).

/gmu

--

---

From: Chris Dearman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:21:08 +0100

> Has anyone else built linux 2.4 for a 5k or 5kf core? When comparing cpu.h

   I have :)

> it is bit4. Seems pretty basic.

   The option bits defined in cpu.h are software flags.  See 
arch/mips/kernel/setup.c where these flags are set for each processor by 
reading appropriate registers.

	Regards
		Chris

-- 
Chris Dearman          The Fruit Farm, Ely Road    voice +44 1223 706206
MIPS Technologies (UK) Chittering, Cambs, CB5 9PH  fax   +44 1223 706250

---

From: David Kesselring <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:39:30 -0400 (EDT)

I see what is going on now. Thanks.

David Kesselring
Atmel MMC
[email-masked]
919-462-6587