Subject: JVM & JIT for MIPs processors

From: "Shalabh Agarwal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 01:25:48 +0000

Hi

I was wondering if there are any JVM and JITs on Linux with support for the 
extensive Java
libraries and would run on MIPs machines?

Kaffe doesn't seem complete enough and Blackdown doesn't have a MIPs 
download
available.

It doesn't have to be free - we would be ready to license software. If 
anyone knows
of any companies that do this I'd appreciate the information.

thanks.

_________________________________________________________________
<b>MSN 8:</b> Get 6 months for $9.95/month. 
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup

---

From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:06:49 +0200

Kaffe is the only "free" Java for MIPS/Linux that I have worked with.
There may be others, but if you don't mind paying for it, your options
would include the Insignia Jeode technology is now owned by
Esmertec (www.esmertec.com), and Skelmir's CEE-J (www.skelmir.com).
I have run both of these successfully on MIPS/Linux platforms.