Subject: General I/O

From: Gabor Kerenyi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:12:38 +0200

Hi!

I have a board with VR4181A. I would like to read/write
the General I/O port but I can't find anything how to do it.

I could wrote a small driver to setup and handle an interrupt
on GUINT0 using vr41xx_set_irq_trigger (a simple switch is
connected to PIN0)
But I need to set/clear pins to be able to connect an EEPROM
to GPIO and some other stuff.

I can't find functions to do this simple like set_gio(pin, state).

Can someone help?

The board is not known by anyone, it's made in Japan
(TOADKK-TCS8000).

Thanks,

Gabor

---

From: Kunihiko IMAI <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:16:55 +0900

Hi, 

At Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:12:38 +0200,

> on GUINT0 using vr41xx_set_irq_trigger (a simple switch is

These function ( macro ) set works only setting GPIO pin function.
They have no resource management.  If the pin is not assigned on
any function yet, you can freely set the pin function.

You can set these registers with write[bwl]/read[bwl] functions. Do
not use out[bwl]/in[bwl].  And the place of GPIO regsters are
relocated by bootloader.  It's better to use macros defined at
include/asm/vr41xx/toadkk-tcs8000.h.

> The board is not known by anyone, it's made in Japan

The kernel with the board is local porting version, not submitted
linux-mips CVS.  The kernel is ported by LASER5 Co. Ltd.  And they
sell same card as L-Card A.

Thanks.
_._. __._  _ . ... _  .___ ._. _____ _... ._ _._ _.._. .____  _ . ... _

                                                          Kunihiko IMAI