Subject: FW: Linux kernel job description

From: Jun Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:20:07 -0700

Sorry for this occasional off-topic abuse of list, but I think many
poeople here might be interested.

Please send your inquiry/resume directly to [email-masked].
I am just posting this for him.

I think the location is San Francisco, or somewhere in Silicon Valley.

Jun

----- Forwarded message from Daniel Crocker <[email-masked]> -----

Job Title: Linux Kernel Software Engineer (in a SAN/NAS environment)

Required:  Linux kernel knowledge and experience in filesystems, drivers,
and memory management.  The candidate should have knowledge of network
storage systems (SAN & NAS).  Experience with large scalable data center
management applications is desired.  Excellent C/C++ skills are required as
well as good written and verbal skills.  Ability to & desire to work in a
very strong, team-driven environment.

Role:  The position will be a very visible, senior hands-on member of a very
high-performance team that will extend the scope of virtual servers to
include additional architectures, optimization of server deployment, and
enhance the feature set to improve process/state management & reporting,
expand the capabilities of the software deployment paradigm, and further
abstract the details of management tasks from the workflow design.

----- End forwarded message -----