Subject: [Indy] text console

From: "Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:20:12 +0200

Hi.

Is there any way to change the size and refresh rate for the
text console? I've searched in the mail-list archives and on
google and came up with nothing.

Regards,

-- 
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <[email-masked]>

---

From: "Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:25:42 +0200

> google and came up with nothing.

Doesn't anyone know? Please help or say it's impossible. I'm
stuck with 1280x1024@60Hz which is very uncomfortable to my
eyes.

---

From: Ladislav Michl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:41:38 +0100

> stuck with 1280x1024@60Hz which is very uncomfortable to my

newport_con nor newport xfree86 driver doesn't perform any VC2
programing. that means that there is currently no way to setup
refresh rate from linux.

	ladis

---

From: Guido Guenther <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:58:46 +0200

> stuck with 1280x1024@60Hz which is very uncomfortable to my
Try the "monitor" PROM variable to switch to 1024x768. See:
 http://www.parallab.uib.no/SGI_bookshelves/SGI_Admin/books/IA_ConfigOps/sgi_html/ch09.html#LE63851-PARENT
Cheers,
 -- Guido