Subject: Backtrace capability

From: "Sudeep Kottilingal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:37:46 -0700

Hi all,

I am trying to debug some SIGSEGV when I leave my system ON for a few
days. At the time of the
Crash I am not able to get a nice back-trace/stack trace yet. (I do not
see the execinfo.h file on my uclibc toolchain
Which implies its not supported yet on my toolchain release).

Has anyone had success in incorporating backtrace capability into a
uclibc binary yet ...?
If your answer is yes, could u give me some pointers on how to do it and
set it up ..?

If your answer is no is there any other alternative set up to get more
information.
I do not run an ICD or ICE on my board. Neither do I have a serial
console. My console is redirected via Telnet.

Currently I am running the application which crashes on the linux PC
through totalview debugger.
Waiting for it to crash.
 
sudeep

---

From: David Daney <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:14:55 -0700

Sudeep Kottilingal wrote:

> Crash I am not able to get a nice back-trace/stack trace yet. (I do 
> not see the execinfo.h file on my uclibc toolchain
>
> *Has anyone had success in incorporating backtrace capability into a 
> uclibc binary yet …?*
>
> *If your answer is yes, could u give me some pointers on how to do it 
> and set it up ..?*
>
> *If your answer is no is there any other alternative set up to get 
> more information.*
>
I hacked together a backtrace that you may be able to adapt. It was 
originally for gcj, but we use several variations for other things as 
well. It kind of relies on an o32 ABI calling convention.

The code is in this mail message:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2003-q3/msg00584.html

Look at:

libjava/sysdep/mips/mipsel-backtracer.c
libjava/sysdep/mips/mipsel-backtracer.h
libjava/sysdep/mips/mipsel-bthelper.S

David Daney