Subject: list archive

From: "Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:17:24 +0200

Hello, list.

I've just got my first Indy box running Linux. And so, to avoid annoying
you by asking stupid newbie questions I'll ask only one: where can I
find this list's archives? Searching google for
"[email-masked] archive" doesn't yield anything of interest.

Regards,
R.

-- 
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <[email-masked]>

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:37:12 +0200 (MET DST)

> "[email-masked] archive" doesn't yield anything of interest.

 See "http://www.linux-mips.org/mail.html" (the first page reported by
Google ;-) ).

-- 
+  Maciej W. Rozycki, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland   +
+--------------------------------------------------------------+
+        e-mail: [email-masked], PGP key available        +

---

From: "Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:01:42 +0200

>  See "http://www.linux-mips.org/mail.html" (the first page reported by

Yes, I see it now, thanks. But I was counting on an online and searchable
archive.

---

From: Chris Dearman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:24:28 +0100

> Yes, I see it now, thanks. But I was counting on an online and searchable
   There's the "Mailing List Archives" 
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-mips but it is missing Aug02-June03.
   I think Ralf has been working on a web interface to the mail 
archives, but I'm not sure if it's ready for the big time yet. Ralf...?

	Chris

-- 
Chris Dearman          The Fruit Farm, Ely Road    voice +44 1223 706206
MIPS Technologies (UK) Chittering, Cambs, CB5 9PH  fax   +44 1223 706250

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:32:17 +0200 (MET DST)

> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-mips but it is missing Aug02-June03.

 I'm pretty sure up till July 2003 it used to be an archive for the old
list at fnet.fr.

---

From: Richard van den Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:35:38 +0200 (CEST)

> Yes, I see it now, thanks. But I was counting on an online and searchable

There was an online, but not searchable archive, however I discovered that
the plug has been pulled. Anyone with 20 MB space for the fnet archive
in html format I collected since june 1998 until the list ended august 
2002 is welcome.

Regards,
Richard

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:29:11 -0700

> archives, but I'm not sure if it's ready for the big time yet. Ralf...?

There's still a few small kinks.  We still have the traditional mbox
archives on the ftp server but now also on www.linux-mips.org/archives
html archives which are fully searchable.  There are still a few bugs
but certainly that archives is very usable; it's updated every few hours
only may lag a bit behind the mbox archives.

  Ralf

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:32:50 -0700

> in html format I collected since june 1998 until the list ended august 

I've cleaned the entire FNet list from spam, duplicates, stupid test mails
and put them online into the same place as the other lists.

  Ralf

---

From: "Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:28:19 +0200

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 11:29:11PM -0700, Ralf Baechle wrote:
[...]
> now also on www.linux-mips.org/archives
> html archives which are fully searchable.

Excellent! Thank you.

---

From: Richard van den Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 21:34:22 +0200 (CEST)

> and put them online into the same place as the other lists.

Thanks! Mail archive link on my website points to that location.

Richard