Subject: hwclock error on DECstation 5000/133 with 2.4.22

From: Richard van den Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 23:00:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

Kernel 2.4.17 (Debian kernel-source package) didn't give following error: 
fortuna:~# hwclock
hwclock: ioctl() to /dev/rtc to turn on update interrupts failed unexpectedly, errno=25: Inappropriate ioctl for device.
fortuna:~# hwclock -v
hwclock 2.4c/util-linux-2.11n
fortuna:~# uname -a
Linux fortuna 2.4.22 #1 Thu Aug 28 06:51:00 CEST 2003 mips unknown

2.4.22 checked out august 27th, system time gets set, don't know if above
message has other effects. With this kernel recognizes the LK401 keyboard,
2.4.17 gave id 186.

Regards,
Richard

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 16:12:54 +0200 (MET DST)

> hwclock 2.4c/util-linux-2.11n

 Please upgrade util-linux -- this has been fixed long time ago.

> message has other effects. With this kernel recognizes the LK401 keyboard,

 Well, ID 186 looks bogus -- DEC assigned these IDs starting from 1 and
finished at 4, apparently.  I wouldn't recommend running a kernel as old
as 2.4.17. 

  Maciej

-- 
+  Maciej W. Rozycki, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland   +
+--------------------------------------------------------------+
+        e-mail: [email-masked], PGP key available        +

---

From: Richard van den Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 13:53:19 +0200 (CEST)

>  Please upgrade util-linux -- this has been fixed long time ago.

Thanks, hwclock from util-linux-2.11z works fine.

Regards,
Richard