Subject: 2.4.22 pci on au1500

From: Bruno Randolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:45:00 +0200

hello!

i just tried 2.4.22 on my au1500 (mtx-1) board and it seems like pci is 
broken. is there anything that has changed for the board initialization, 
which i might have missed?

it woked fine with 2.4.21, there i got:

Autoconfig PCI channel 0x802eaf28
Scanning bus 00, I/O 0x00000300:0x00100000, Mem 0x40000000:0x44000000
00:00.0 Class 0280: 1260:3873 (rev 01)
        Mem at 0x40000000 [size=0x1000]

with 2.4.22 and debugging output enabled, i get:

Autoconfig PCI channel 0x802f0e88
Scanning bus 00, I/O 0x00000300:0x00100000, Mem 0x40000000:0x50000000
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 0 at 0 *data 18000057, conf 0
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 1 at 0 *data 18000057, conf 0
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 2 at 0 *data 180000d7, conf 0
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 3 at 0 *data 18000157, conf 0
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 4 at 0 *data 18000257, conf 0
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 5 at 0 *data 18000457, conf 0
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 6 at 0 *data 18000857, conf 0
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 7 at 0 *data 18001057, conf 0
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 8 at 0 *data 18002057, conf 0
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 9 at 0 *data 18004057, conf 0
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 10 at 0 *data 18008057, conf 0
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 11 at 0 *data 18010057, conf 0
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 12 at 0 *data 18020057, conf 0
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 13 at 0 *data 18040057, conf 0
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 14 at 0 *data 18080057, conf 0
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 15 at 0 *data 18100057, conf 0
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 16 at 0 *data 18200057, conf 0
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 17 at 0 *data 18400057, conf 0
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 18 at 0 *data 18800057, conf 0
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 0 at e *data 18000057, conf c
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 1 at e *data 18000057, conf c
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 2 at e *data 180000d7, conf c
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 3 at e *data 18000157, conf c
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 4 at e *data 18000257, conf c
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 5 at e *data 18000457, conf c
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 6 at e *data 18000857, conf c
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 7 at e *data 18001057, conf c
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 8 at e *data 18002057, conf c
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 9 at e *data 18004057, conf c
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 10 at e *data 18008057, conf c
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 11 at e *data 18010057, conf c
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 12 at e *data 18020057, conf c
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 13 at e *data 18040057, conf c
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 14 at e *data 18080057, conf c
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 15 at e *data 18100057, conf c
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 16 at e *data 18200057, conf c
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 17 at e *data 18400057, conf c
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 18 at e *data 18800057, conf c
config_access: 0 bus 0 device 19 at e *data 19000057, conf c

thanks for your help - again :)

bruno

---

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:22:05 -0700

Hi Bruno,

>which i might have missed?
Yes, I changed 2.4.22 because we were calling ioremap inside the 
pci_config routine, and this is a problem for drivers that call pci 
config routines from interrupt context -- like the ide driver. I tested 
the new approach on the db1500...

>thanks for your help - again :)
Let me test it one more time on the db1500 to make sure something didn't 
get broken after I pushed the patch. I'll get back to you in a couple of 
days since I just got back from a long trip.

Pete