Subject: CFE bootloader

From: "Finney, Steve" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 12:41:51 -1000

I have no idea how someone would make a choice 
between MIPS bootloaders (YAMON, U-Boot, CFE, Redboot(?),
and whatever else), but just so all the options are out 
there, here's access and licensing information for the 
Broadcom CFE bootloader: 

1. CFE's license is BSD-style.  It's also considered "GPL
    compatible" so you can take files from CFE and link into GPL'd
    programs.

2. It's available to anyone at
    http://sibyte.broadcom.com  - click on 'Resources.'

sf

---

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 Oct 2003 16:01:07 -0700

> there, here's access and licensing information for the 

I would take a look at the community that's behind it. I like yamon and
it has worked great on the MIPS boards I've worked with. I haven't
played with uboot on MIPS, but what uboot has going for it is a
community that is improving it, adding features, new boards, etc. It's
also cross-arch so if you find yourself supporting multiple products on
different arches, you only have to deal with one bootloader.

Pete