Subject: sound drivers

From: David Kesselring <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 11:27:29 -0400 (EDT)

Has anyone used alsa on mips? I need to impement a sound driver for our
dsp. It seems like all sound drivers should be developed for alsa. Is that
true? I've tried to build alsa and its' drivers but ran into a cross
compile problem.
Thanks,

David Kesselring

---

From: "jeff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:56:31 +0800

What CPU are you using ?
We are under development about ALSA on VR4181A but still can't work.
Only playback is OK. Capture is failed.

Regards,

Jeff

---

From: David Kesselring <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:06:12 -0400 (EDT)

I just beginning to develop drivers for our SOC that includes a 5kf and
our own custom dsp for audio playback. The target market is the settop. Am
I correct in thinking that all audio drivers (mpeg,mp3,pcm) should be
integrated with ALSA? When you say "still can't work" are you getting it
compile with the linux-mips.org sources or something else?
Thanks,
David

> > true? I've tried to build alsa and its' drivers but ran into a cross

David Kesselring
Atmel MMC
[email-masked]
919-462-6587

---

From: "jeff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 21:49:56 +0800

In here, we can use madplay to play MP3, vplay to run WAV file, etc.
Yes, we get the kernel source from linux-mips.org but we porting the ALSA
driver base on many others code. For example, we will refer the VIA
, StrongARM, ESS.... source code and combine to VR4181A ALSA
driver. BUT..... Capture still can't work :-(

Regards,

Jeff