Subject: RE: need help on unaligned loads,stores!

From: "Liu Hongming (Alan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:18:20 +0800

Hi All,

I have rewritten the codes,and now it really works.
Our cpu is bought from others,it really doesnt support unaligned access.

Thanks for you all.

Best Regards,
Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralf Baechle [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 5:37 AM
To: Thomas Horsten
Cc: Geert Uytterhoeven; Liu Hongming (Alan); Linux/MIPS Development
Subject: Re: need help on unaligned loads,stores!

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 10:15:59PM +0100, Thomas Horsten wrote:

> > That correct.  Unfortunately emulating of these instructions in
exception
> > handlers would also be covered by the patents, so rewriting which would
> > be rather easy in all cases I can think of is the way to go ...
> 
> Surely not in Europe (yet), at least?

The patent itself is a hardware patent and those also cover software
implementations by interpretation of US, European and various national
European patent offices.  Otoh the patent will expire in like a year or
two anyway :-)

  Ralf