Subject: YAMON Source code modification

From: Adeel Malik <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:46:19 +0500

We want to port and 'run' YAMON to our own MIPS-based Development Board. Can
someone tell me what changes are necessary in the YAMON source code so that
it works on our board ?.
Regards,
ADEEL MALIK,

---

From: Jun Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 11:01:54 -0700

> someone tell me what changes are necessary in the YAMON source code so that

Actually is YAMON code freely available?  Can someone from MIPS confirm
that and perhaps point to the downloading place?  

Many people have asked me about this in the past ...

Jun

---

From: Wolfgang Denk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 20:50:59 +0200

> that and perhaps point to the downloading place?  

It is available for free, but under a special license  that  prevents
you  from  using  it  for any hardware that is not a MIPS "Authorized
Product". See http://www.mips.com/LicenseMapper/Yamon_license

An alternative is to use  U-Boot,  the  universal  boot  loader  that
covers not only MIPS but also PowerPC, ARM, and even x86 systems. See
http://sourceforge.net/projects/u-boot

U-Boot is strictly GPL.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

-- 
Software Engineering:  Embedded and Realtime Systems,  Embedded Linux
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: [email-masked]
The ultimate barrier is one's viewpoint.
                        - Terry Pratchett, _The Dark Side of the Sun_