Subject: MIPS64 cross compiling errors: cpu-probe.c:167: error: unknown register name `accum' in `asm'

From: "Lijun Chen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 18:39:24 -0500

Hi,

I am cross compiling a 64-bit MIPS kernel for BCM1250. The cross 
compiler is
from Broadcom sbtools: mips64-linux-gcc. Now I got the following errors:

gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/src/kernel/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes 
-Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -fomit-frame-pointer 
-I /src/kernel/include/asm/gcc -mabi=64 -G 0 -mno-abicalls -fno-pic 
-Wa,--trap -pipe -  -nostdinc -iwithprefix include 
-DKBUILD_BASENAME=cpu_probe  -c -o cpu-probe.o cpu-probe.c
cpu-probe.c: In function `align_mod':

cpu-probe.c:118: warning: asm operand 0 probably doesn't match constraints
cpu-probe.c:118: warning: asm operand 1 probably doesn't match constraints
cpu-probe.c: In function `mult_sh_align_mod':

cpu-probe.c:118: warning: asm operand 0 probably doesn't match constraints
cpu-probe.c:118: warning: asm operand 1 probably doesn't match constraints
cpu-probe.c:167: error: unknown register name `accum' in `asm'
cpu-probe.c:118: warning: asm operand 0 probably doesn't match constraints
cpu-probe.c:118: warning: asm operand 1 probably doesn't match constraints
cpu-probe.c: In function `check_mult_sh':

cpu-probe.c:167: error: unknown register name `accum' in `asm'
cpu-probe.c:167: error: unknown register name `accum' in `asm'
cpu-probe.c:167: error: unknown register name `accum' in `asm'
cpu-probe.c:167: error: unknown register name `accum' in `asm'
cpu-probe.c:167: error: unknown register name `accum' in `asm'
cpu-probe.c:167: error: unknown register name `accum' in `asm'
cpu-probe.c:167: error: unknown register name `accum' in `asm'
cpu-probe.c:167: error: unknown register name `accum' in `asm'

The gcc is a wrapper that is actually:
/usr/local/sbtools/x86-linux-rh6.0/mips64-linux-2.8.24/bin/mips64-linux-gcc 
-msb1-pass2-workarounds "$@"

The kernel is 2.4.22.

Any suggestions what is the cause? Thanks in advance.

Lijun