Subject: backtrace issues on GDB 5.3

From: "Vince Bridgers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 07:26:59 -0600

I'm using GDB 5.3 for mipsel cross-compiled on an x86 box running RedHat
7.3. When I try to use the backtrace capability from GDB most of the
time I do not get a full stack context - I usually just get the function
I'm in at the time. I'm using GCC 3.2 to compile the kernel,
cross-compiled the same way. I've tried making sure the
omit-frame-pointer option and the "no instruction schedule" options are
on for when we do source level debugging with no joy.  

Does backtrace work for GCC and GDB cross compiled for mipsel? If so,
can someone briefly outline the "known good" configuration (GCC/GDB
versions, + relevant configuration options)?

TIA

---

From: Daniel Jacobowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 10:34:42 -0500

> versions, + relevant configuration options)?

Not excellently, but definitely better - try the most recent GDB
release.

I have a number of ugly local patches that I hope to clean up for 6.1,
if I have time.

-- 
Daniel Jacobowitz
MontaVista Software                         Debian GNU/Linux Developer