Subject: supported systems running on 2.6 ?

From: Dimitri Torfs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:49:04 +0100

Hi,

  are there already MIPS systems running on 2.6.0 ? If so, which ones
  ? I'm currently porting a VR41xx based configuration from 2.4.24 to
  2.6.0: boot sequence seems to be OK, but the init process doesn't
  come up (it looks like its not properly laid out in memory, thus
  continuously generating exceptions (do_signal()) ...). Is it too
  soon to expect it to work ?

  Dimitri

-- 
Dimitri Torfs             |  NSCE 
[email-masked] |  Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55
tel: +32 2 2908451        |  1130 Brussel
fax: +32 2 7262686        |  Belgium

---

From: Yoichi Yuasa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 00:17:01 +0900

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:49:04 +0100

>   soon to expect it to work ?

Which Vr41xx's configuration did you use?

Yoichi

---

From: Dimitri Torfs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:43:36 +0100

> Which Vr41xx's configuration did you use?

None of the default ones in the tree, it's not a board listed in the
configs (the board has a VR4120A and a VR4131 cpu). I'm currently
using a configuration with CONFIG_EMBEDDED_RAMDISK set and
CONFIG_MACH_VR41XX. 

Is there a working config with a VR41xx on 2.6.0 ? It would surprise
me since I had to do some fixes for the VR41xx series (for some I
already sent a patch) which seem to indicate the VR41xx specifics have
not yet been actively looked at for 2.6.0 (although I know you
have been submitting patches for the Vr41xx).

Dimitri

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 08:08:08 -0800

Are you trying 2.6.0 from linux-mips.org CVS?
If so, make sure it is no earlier then from yesterday. There was
non-CPU specific bug that was just fixed.

For reference: I have R212K-based SGI O2 running almost stable with
2.6.0. R5K O2's also boot, but show random segfaults and oopses, but
I still do not know what exactly is the reason for that.

	Ilya.

---

From: Dimitri Torfs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:17:53 +0100

> Are you trying 2.6.0 from linux-mips.org CVS?

Yep.

> non-CPU specific bug that was just fixed.

Ok, will update.

> I still do not know what exactly is the reason for that.

Thanks for the info,

  Dimitri

---

From: Yoichi Yuasa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 02:10:18 +0900

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:43:36 +0100

> have been submitting patches for the Vr41xx).

About 2.6 of linux-mips, development progressed quickly
several of these months.

Therefore, we are not completing Vr41xx about 2.6.

Yoichi