Subject: Support for newer gcc/gas options

From: Dimitri Torfs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:46:44 +0100

Hi,

  I just upgraded to the arch/mips/Makefile which adds support for newer
  gcc/gas options. I now get the warning

  "cc1: warning: The -march option is incompatible to -mipsN and therefore
+ignored."

  when compiling. I have the CONFIG_CPU_VR41XX option set, which sets
  the c-flags to:

  "-I /home/dimitri/work/linux/include/asm/gcc -G 0 -mno-abicalls
  -fno-pic -pipe  -finline-limit=100000 -mabi=32 -march=r4100 -mips3
  -Wa,-32 -Wa,-march=r4100 -Wa,-mips3 -Wa,--trap"

  I suppose that for the newer gcc versions only -march= should be
  set (I'm using gcc-3.2.2) ?

  Dimitri

-- 
Dimitri Torfs             |  NSCE 
[email-masked] |  Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55
tel: +32 2 2908451        |  1130 Brussel
fax: +32 2 7262686        |  Belgium

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 13:05:29 +0100 (CET)

>   set (I'm using gcc-3.2.2) ?

 Thanks for the report -- I suppose we can remove "-mips" whenever
"-mabi=" is supported by gcc.  I'll do an update in January after I am 
back from vacation.

-- 
+  Maciej W. Rozycki, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland   +
+--------------------------------------------------------------+
+        e-mail: [email-masked], PGP key available        +