Subject: Re: gdbserver and Re: hardware questions

From: "Mark and Janice Juszczec" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:27:32 +0000

Daniel et al

>
>Try changing /etc/inittab to disable the getty, and starting gdbserver
>from the system startup scripts in /etc/rc*.

I'm using busybox since, at the time, it was easier than figuring out what 
goes on in /etc/rc*
I'll check if there's a way to disable the busybox init or at least tell it 
not to start a shell on the serial port.  I suppose I could hack busybox to 
start gdbserver.    Hmmmmm

>I'm assuming you have
>some other way than that shell on ttyS0 to modify the filesystem :)
>

Yes.  I flash a filesystem image to the pda.  I generate the image from 
files on my laptop.  The problem is squeezing everything into 2mb of flash.  
I wonder if I can shove stuff in the 8Mb of ram somehow.

Mark

>--
>Daniel Jacobowitz
>MontaVista Software                         Debian GNU/Linux Developer

_________________________________________________________________
Working moms: Find helpful tips here on managing kids, home, work —  and 
yourself.   http://special.msn.com/msnbc/workingmom.armx