Subject: Info needed about cache..

From: karthikeyan natarajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 08:44:25 +0000 (GMT)

Hi All,

    I would like learn about L1, L2 & L3 caches w.r.t
MIPS, in detail. Could you pls give me a pointer to
the
document available on the Net...

Thanks much,
-karthi

=====
The expert at anything was once a beginner

________________________________________________________________________
Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" 
your friends today! Download Messenger Now 
http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 13:27:35 +0100

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 08:44:25AM +0000, karthikeyan natarajan wrote:

> the document available on the Net...

This information is horribly scattered over lots of resources.  A well
written and fun to read book is "See MIPS Run" by Dominik Sweetman; see
also the literature section of www.linux-mips.com.  The Hennesey &
Patterson books looks at caches from a more theoretical perspective but
provides the necessary background.

  Ralf