Subject: philips nino 300 - 4mb ram

From: none <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:36:31 +0200

Hello,

   I tried to boot the precompiled kernel :
   ftp://ftp.realitydiluted.com/Nino/kernel/precompiled/vmlinux-2.4.17.gz
   using pbsdboot but
   all I can see is the display scrambled,
   and not a bootup sequence, nothing at hyperterminal set as 115200 8-N-1
   How to get it working? (booting)

-- 

Best regards,
 Rujinski Remus Nikolai                          mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: "Ricardo Mendoza M." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:13:31 -0400

Hey,

I have a Philips NINO 300 with 8mb of RAM, and some time ago that kernel
worked for me, even the framebuffer. I have had those scrambled problems
some time ago and they were cause by a bad compiler, try recompiling
your own kernel.

About the serial console, be sure you have no flow control, neither
hardware nor software flow control set to on.

	- Ricardo