Subject: Starter questions

From: "Toshio Seo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:15:48 -0500

Hi,

I am a bit new to Linux MIPS but I would really appreciate a few pointers.

1. I am getting GCC 3.3.2, binutils-2.14..... and GLIB-2.3.2 off of
Kernel.org.  Is there a source of patches for these to make a clean MIPS64
and N32 build?
2. Are there any ioctl() examples for displaying and modifying processor
registers from user programs?

Thanks
Toshio

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.573 / Virus Database: 363 - Release Date: 1/28/2004

---

From: Daniel Jacobowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:35:09 -0500

> Kernel.org.  Is there a source of patches for these to make a clean MIPS64

None of those three components supports N32 userspace applications. 
Binutils 2.14 is pretty close.  GCC 3.3.2 won't even configure for
mips64-linux.

You have to use the bleeding edge tools if you want to build a mips64
userland.

-- 
Daniel Jacobowitz
MontaVista Software                         Debian GNU/Linux Developer