Subject: dietlibc nash pic/non-pic errors

From: Shaun Savage <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 13:32:46 -0800

Hi
I am want to cross compile dietlibc and nash(mkinitrd).

I can cross compile static mipsel dietlibc libs
but when I try to link it with nash I get
   the pic and non-pic error,  can't merge

I have gotten QPDF, SD on linux, busybox and ulibc cross compiled and 
working, so I sort of know what I am doing.

I am using Maciej toolchain

any help?

shaun

---

From: Johannes Stezenbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 00:00:01 +0100

> I am using Maciej toolchain

- check that everything is compiled with '-fno-pic -mno-abicalls -G 0'
- you must have either a non-pic libgcc or make sure your programs
  don't need libgcc

The standard configuration of gcc for mipsel-linux creates a
PIC libgcc only, so if you need a non-pic libgcc you must hack
the gcc configuration and rebuild your toolchain.

Or alternatively you can compile dietlibc as PIC
(remove '-fno-pic -mno-abicalls' from mips/Makefile.add
and diet.c).

HTH,
Johannes