Subject: RE:MIPS Kernel size

From: "Smith, Todd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:20:28 -0500

Hello Maciej,

Pardon me since I didn't clarify my last sentence very well.  The trend in
mainstream x86 Linux seems to be to support only newer equipment.  The
DECstation is certainly old enough to qualify as legacy equipment.

Todd Smith <[email-masked]>

From: Maciej W. Rozycki [mailto:[email-masked]]

>I beg your pardon, but isn't the DECstation old enough?

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:48:17 +0100 (CET)

> DECstation is certainly old enough to qualify as legacy equipment.

 Well, if I spotted an MP-compliant i486 system, I'd consider getting one
as a compatibility testbed for APIC support code.

-- 
+  Maciej W. Rozycki, Technical University of Gdansk, Poland   +
+--------------------------------------------------------------+
+        e-mail: [email-masked], PGP key available        +