Subject: Framebuffer for au1100

From: Jørg Ulrich Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:43:25 +0200

Hi

I was trying to make use of framebuffer for a db1100 board. It looks like
au1100fb.c is not updated to kernel 2.6. It makes use of some structs and
procedures in fbcon that has been removed in 2.6.
Any ideas what is needed to get au1100fb.c to work in 2.6?
Has someone 2.6 to work with frambuffers on au1100?
I think that au1100fb is written for pb1100 that has an epson lcd controller
fitted.
Does that mean that nothing has been done for the internal lcd controller?

regards Jorg

---

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:30:21 -0700

>Does that mean that nothing has been done for the internal lcd controller?
No, the internal au1100 fb controller is supported in 2.4. The external 
epson controller is supported through the LCD chip select. What needs to 
be done in 2.6 is an update of the au1100fb driver to the new api. Right 
now what I'm working on part time is syncing up 2.6 with the latest 2.4 
updates and getting the basic features functioning, including the 36 bit 
address support. Then the drivers update will come one at a time. Of 
course, if someone else has time to help, patches are welcomed :)

Pete

---

From: Jørg Ulrich Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:06:27 +0200

> >I was trying to make use of framebuffer for a db1100 board. It looks 
> >like au1100fb.c is not updated to kernel 2.6. It makes use of some 
> >structs and procedures in fbcon that has been removed in 
> 2.6. Any ideas 
> >what is needed to get au1100fb.c to work in 2.6? Has someone 2.6 to 
> >work with frambuffers on au1100? I think that au1100fb is 
> written for 
> >pb1100 that has an epson lcd controller fitted.
Hi

If you can put me in the right direction I am very keen on helping.
I have included the file in Kconfig but then it wound compile because of
the old 2.4 files (fbcon).
What are the tasks and are you aware of any framebuffer code that are
already modyfired?

Regards Jorg

---

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:34:31 -0700

>What are the tasks and are you aware of any framebuffer code that are
The entire FB API is different. Take a look at the skeleton fb driver -- 
there are headers with each function explaining what it does. There may 
be some other documentation in the Documentation directory but I'm not 
sure. It's not as easy as updated Kconfig. But fortunately the au1100fb 
driver is a pretty simple driver so updating it shouldn't be that bad. I 
would suggest you follow the example of a 2.6 FB driver that has been 
updated to the new API.

Pete