Subject: Re: TLB on R10k

From: Alex Deucher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 08:05:20 -0700 (PDT)

This thread may be ARM specific, but it sounds like a similar problem. 
if it's of no use, please ignore.

http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2003-November/018303.html
http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2003-November/018409.html

Alex

-----------------------------

> Have you verified that the UX bit is set correctly by your kernel? 
BEV
> also plays a role but since you survive BogoMIPS it should be right.

From what I remember, the UX bit is fixed set. I have made the machine
print a '*' (no, I didn't use printk, but since it's my own console
driver I'm pretty sure it can work in interrupts - all it does is
hardware writes) whenever it gets a TLB refill and flushed the TLB
before
entering usermode. Guess what, I didn't get a single '*' after ERET. To
verify my method, I've made a single read from the usermode PC from the
kernel, and the '*' appeared. I don't know what's up.

Stanislaw

		
__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at Yahoo! HotJobs  
http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/careermakeover