Subject: Hello

From: Benjamin Collar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:38:22 +0200

Greetings

I've joined this mailing list because I've started a new project: I want to 
port linux 2.6 to the Agenda VR3 PDA.

The Agenda already runs Linux--2.4.0 I think, based on the kernel that was at 
linux-vr.org but now appears to be gone.

I'm totally a beginner here, so please bear with me :)

What I'm doing at the moment is, I'm trying to understand where all of the 
code has gone! There is a different directory structure in 2.6. If someone 
can answer these questions, I'd very much appreciate it:

1. What's the difference between a NEC 4181 and NEC 41xx? In 2.6 there are 
subdirectories for each of these, while in the VR kernel all the code was in 
arch/mips/41xx. The Agenda is a 4181. Should I be using the 4181 common code 
or the 41xx?

2. Where did linux-vr go? Does anyone know where I can get the patches?

---

From: Yoichi Yuasa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:06:18 +0900

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:38:22 +0200

> arch/mips/41xx. The Agenda is a 4181. Should I be using the 4181 common code 

VR4181 is not same as other VR4100 series.
We already have codes for VR4181 in arch/mips/vr4181.
You can start from these codes.

> 2. Where did linux-vr go? Does anyone know where I can get the patches?

http://www.linux-mips.org/cvsweb/linux-vr/

Yoichi