Subject: [Fwd: Linux Mips SGI O2 R5000 IP32 INSTALL]

From: Damian Presswell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:54:33 +0100

My apologies if this is the wrong mailing list for this question -

I have recently aquired an SGI  O2 ip32 R5k box that I am trying to 
install linux onto -

I have managed to get a binary 64bit kernel to boot vis nfs and bootp() 
that I downloaded from Glaurungs website:

http://www.linux-mips.org/~glaurung/

however I am unsure as to the correct rootfs that I am suposed to use - 
I pulled down the redhat 7.1 rootfs from somewhere but it hangs when 
trying to start the 'local' service - and wont boot if this service is 
switched off -

I would be grateful if you could suggest where I may download a suitable 
rootfs and ecoff boot image that will work together on my O2 box - would 
hate to give in at this stage - and indeed any other help you may be 
able to give me as a linux mips O2 user - I will put together an updated 
HOWTO once I am sure exactly what I am supposed to be doing - the 
information and resources on this subject do seem to be a little vague -

thanks for your time

Damian