Subject: R4400MC

From: Ashley Evans <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:33:54 +0100

Hi,

I'm also new to the list. I'm hoping that the HOWTO hasn't been updated 
re. the status of the above processor.

I've just aquired a Challenge DM w/ dual R4400mc processors and would 
really like to run Linux (or anything that's OSS for that matter).

Ashley

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:52:00 +0200

> really like to run Linux (or anything that's OSS for that matter).

Challenge DM isn't supported and won't be as long as nobody makes an
attempt to support it, sorry ...

  Ralf

---

From: Ashley Evans <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:46:34 +0100

>attempt to support it, sorry ...

Thanks, just thought I'd ask.

I believe it's the cache controller that's the problem? I don't have the 
skills to do it myself but if somebody could explain the issue i'd like 
to know?

Ashley

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 04:57:08 +0200

> skills to do it myself but if somebody could explain the issue i'd like 

No, the cache controller is really the same as in the SC CPU which is
already supported.  The problem is everything else around the CPU ...

  Ralf