Subject: SB1250 build currently broken in 2.4

From: Karsten Merker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 20:01:10 +0200

Hallo everybody,

I have tried building a kernel for a Broadcom SB1250 board from current
cvs (2.4 branch) with defconfig-sb1250-swarm. This fails with:

mips-linux-ld -m elf32btsmip  -r -o kernel.o branch.o cpu-probe.o irq.o
process.o signal.o entry.o traps.o ptrace.o reset.o semaphore.o setup.o
syscall.o sysmips.o ipc.o scall_o32.o unaligned.o mips_ksyms.o r4k_fpu.o
r4k_switch.o smp.o time.o proc.o pci-dma.o
smp.o(.kstrtab+0x48): multiple definition of __kstrtab_cpu_data'
setup.o(.kstrtab+0x0): first defined here
smp.o(__ksymtab+0x20): multiple definition of __ksymtab_cpu_data'
setup.o(__ksymtab+0x0): first defined here
make[1]: *** [kernel.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory /tmp/linux/arch/mips/kernel'
make: *** [_dir_arch/mips/kernel] Error 2

It looks like the line

EXPORT_SYMBOL(cpu_data);

in arch/mips/kernel/smp.c should not be there.

Regards,
Karsten
-- 
#include <standard_disclaimer>
Nach Paragraph 28 Abs. 3 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
oder Uebermittlung meiner Daten fuer Werbezwecke oder fuer die Markt- oder
Meinungsforschung.