Subject: Lexra LX5820 documentation

From: Jason Hecker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:21:29 +1000

I was wondering if anyone had any documentation lying around for the 
Lexra LX5820?  Far from being dead it's used in Realtek's RTL8181 
802.11b access point SoC.

I am finding it very difficult to come across any details on just how 
this CPU works (instruction set, MMU, cache etc.) and what differences 
there are to a regular MIPS core.

Any info would help a lot with this project http://rtl8181.sf.net

---

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:31:33 -0700

> Any info would help a lot with this project http://rtl8181.sf.net
I still have a pdf for the 4189 but I'm not sure about the NDA status so 
I can't give it away. I believe (could be wrong though) that MIPS Tech 
bought Lexra's assets, so they are probably the ones that have the docs.

Pete

---

From: Dominic Sweetman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:45:07 +0100

> bought Lexra's assets, so they are probably the ones that have the docs.

We did, we must: and I don't know right off how to find the manual, or
under what conditions I can give it out.  But I'll make some enquiries
and get back to you.

--
Dominic Sweetman
MIPS Technologies