Subject: [Semi-OT] Example on how to use crosstool.sh

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 19:07:20 +0200

Hi!

Here's an example on how I use Dan Kegel's crosstool.sh script:

-----------------------------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh

PREFIX=/home/jbglaw/cross_jb/install    \
BUILD_DIR=xx_build                      \
SRC_DIR=.                               \
BINUTILS_DIR=binutils-2.15.91           \
GCC_DIR=gcc-HEAD-20040509               \
GLIBC_DIR=glibc-2.3.2                   \
LINUX_DIR=linux-2.6.x                   \
TARGET=alpha-linux                      \
TARGET_CFLAGS="-O -g"                   \
BUILD=`/usr/share/misc/config.guess`    \
USE_SYSROOT=yes                         \
PARALLELMFLAGS="-j2"			\
KERNEL_CONFIG=config-alpha              ./crosstool.sh
-----------------------------------------------------------

PREFIX		is where all your crosscompiler tools will be
		installed into

BUILD_DIR	is where some subdirs will be created to build all
		the parts. You need some MBs free there:)

SRC_DIR		This is where all the source sub-directories
		(GCC_DIR, GLIBC_DIR, LINUX_DIR, BINUTILS_DIR) are in

GCC_DIR, GLIBC_DIR, LINUX_DIR, BINUTILS_DIR
		Subdirs within SRC_DIR that contain the actual sources

TARGET		Guess it:)

TARGET_CFLAGS	CFLAGS used to for the toolchain to be created. "-O -g"
		to have them optimized, as well as keep debug infos (in
		case the compilers crash, you may want to help toolchain
		people to debug the problem).

USE_SYSROOT	Internal flag, which changes the destination directory
		for some target-relevant files. I admit I haven't yet
		understood that throughoutly:)

PARALLELMFLAGS	Have a SMP machine?

KERNEL_CONFIG	A ./linux/.config file for the kernel in LINUX_DIR. Used
		to get proper kernel header files.

BUILD		This machine's GNU quadrupel. Call config.guess to get
		it; if you don't supply it, crosstool.sh will try to
		call ./config.guess, which doesn't exist if you copy
		crosstool.sh out of Dan Kegel's distribution:)

MfG, JBG

-- 
   Jan-Benedict Glaw       [email-masked]    . +49-172-7608481
   "Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg
    fuer einen Freien Staat voll Freier Bürger" | im Internet! |   im Irak!
   ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(NEW_COPYRIGHT_LAW | DRM | TCPA));