Subject: Au1000 AC97 ALSA Driver

From: Charles Eidsness <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 12:30:39 -0400

I've been working on an ALSA driver for the Au1000 processor AC'97 port. 
Specifically for the DBAu1000 Merlot eval card. It seems to be working 
in OSS emulation mode, I'm having a few problems setting up my system to 
work in ALSA native mode, and it contains only a minimum of features. 
i.e. it's still a work in progress, but I thought there may be someone 
else out there interested in it.

I've posted a patch that should add a mips sub-directory in the sound 
directory of the 2.6.6 kernel and add an au1000 sound option to the 
kernel configuration menu here: 
http://members.rogers.com/charles.eidsness/au1000_alsa.patch

Alternately you can find just the source code here:
http://members.rogers.com/charles.eidsness/au1000.c

Cheers,
Charles

---

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Jun 2004 22:04:31 -0700

> http://members.rogers.com/charles.eidsness/au1000.c

Great -- let me know when the driver is ready to be checked in :)

Pete