Subject: CVS access

From: Prasanth Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:39:16 -0700

I'm trying to cross compile a Linux MIPS kernel on my x86 system to put
into an embedded board. I'm encountering some problems with compilation
of the stock kernels 2.4.x and 2.6.x from kernel.org. Perhaps the ones
on linux-mips.org are easier to compile. However I cannot get CVS access
following the directions on the linux-mips.org website. It says
authorization failed. Am I doing something incorrectly?

[bubba]$ cvs -d :pserver:[email-masked]:/home/cvs loginLogging
in to :pserver:[email-masked]:2401/home/cvs
CVS password:
cvs login: authorization failed: server ftp.linux-mips.org rejected
access to /home/cvs for user cvs

-- 
Regards,
Prasanth

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:43:24 -0500 (CDT)

> authorization failed. Am I doing something incorrectly?
There was a vulnerability found in CVS, so Ralf shut down CVS access
until he could find an appropriate fix.

-Steve

---

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 18:32:07 +0200

On Thu, 2004-06-17 08:39:16 -0700, Prasanth Kumar <[email-masked]>
> access to /home/cvs for user cvs

pserver seems running (shouldn't it been sho^Wut down due to
vulnerabilities?).

But to help you: You'd rsync the whole CVS repo to a local machine and
then check-out locally. Oh, kernel.org vanilla kernels won't really
compile nor boot, I guess. All development is done here...

MfG, JBG

-- 
   Jan-Benedict Glaw       [email-masked]    . +49-172-7608481
   "Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg
    fuer einen Freien Staat voll Freier Bürger" | im Internet! |   im Irak!
   ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(NEW_COPYRIGHT_LAW | DRM | TCPA));

---

From: Kumba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 14:56:54 -0400

> compile nor boot, I guess. All development is done here...

Ralf updated the CVS packages on lmo.org and reactivated the CVS 
anoncvs.  I checked out 2.6.7 yesterday via it, so it's definitely working.

--Kumba

-- 
"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: 
small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are 
elsewhere."  --Elrond