Subject: Indigo2 Power up for donation

From: Jurij Smakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 01:21:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

[Please CC the replies to me, I am not on linux-mips list]

I have recently acquired an Indigo2 machine, which turned out to be the
IP26-based Power version, with 75 MHz R8000 processor. My main interest
was running Linux on it, however it seems like there is currently no
support for that particular machine due to its relative rarity and lack
of documentation. If there is any effort to make Linux run on it, I would
be glad to donate it to one of the linux-mips developers, who could
benefit from owning it, at no cost (modulo possible shipping charges from
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada). Machine has 128MB of RAM, 1GB SCSI hard drive
and is in good working condition.

Jurij Smakov                                        [email-masked]
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                   KeyID: C99E03CC

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:45:31 +0200

> and is in good working condition.

Jurij,

to raise your optimism - a Polish developper recently managed to get the
the similar but more complex graphics of the Octane to work.  Another
core problem, the lack of freely available documentation for the R8000's
processor was also solved now that finally after solving the underlying
legal problem MIPS was able to give me permission to distribute
documentation for the system.  In short I believe now we have all the
necessary bits and pieces in order to support your Indigo 2 and need to
enter the "just do it" phase ...

  Ralf