Subject: HD Boot on Pb1500 Kernel 2.4.26

From: "r.zilli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 16:38:37 +0200

Hi, list 

i've successful patched the 2.4.26 with v4l support to get the saa7134 
driver support on Alchemy Pb1500. The driver for the HPT370 is ok but the 
ide channels are not scanned and hard disk are not recognized. 

Thanks for any help 

zr

---

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 Jun 2004 09:29:09 -0700

> ide channels are not scanned and hard disk are not recognized. 

2.4.25 was fine. I haven't tried 2.4.26 yet to see if anything broke
during the merge. You're just using the ide controller on the Pb1500,
not an external PCI controller, right?

Pete

---

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Jun 2004 23:00:50 -0700

> ide channels are not scanned and hard disk are not recognized. 

I just tried stock 2.4.26 from linux-mips on the Db1500 and the IDE
works fine for me. The Pb1500 should work as well. Try a stock kernel
without any additional patches you may be working on to make sure that's
not the problem.

Pete