Subject: Re: Strange, strange occurence

From: G H <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 14:06:39 -0700 (PDT)

Is the suggested patch below going to be added to CVS or is considered too experimental to add ?
 
>No and yes - but here is a simpler solution.  Below patch solves the
>problem and adds just 32 bytes of code but removes the special case for
>TX49/H2 entirely.

>  Ralf

> arch/mips/mm/c-r4k.c        |   59 
>-------------------------------------------- include/asm-mips/r4kcache.h |   18 
>++++++++-----
> include/asm-mips/war.h      |   14 ----------
> 3 files changed, 13 insertions(+), 78 deletions(-)
>
>
>Index: arch/mips/mm/c-r4k.c
>===================================================================
>RCS file: /home/cvs/linux/arch/mips/mm/c-r4k.c,v
>retrieving revision 1.88
>diff -u -r1.88 c-r4k.c
>--- arch/mips/mm/c-r4k.c        16 Jul 2004 12:06:13 -0000      1.88
>+++ arch/mips/mm/c-r4k.c        16 Jul 2004 12:17:05 -0000
>@@ -96,16 +96,6 @@
>                r4k_blast_dcache = blast_dcache32;
> }

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 07:09:03 +0200

> Is the suggested patch below going to be added to CVS or is considered too experimental to add ?

No, that patch is simply wrong.

I'll implement a new one but being on a trip through the Silicon Valley
right now that's a little hard to do from here.

  Ralf