Subject: querries on cross compiler

From: "hemanth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 08:52:14 +0530

Hi,

Iam trying to build a cross compiler for MIPS processor on
"i686-pc-linux-gcc" host. Iam getting some errors during the installation of
BINUTILS(binutils-2.9.1) i.e, after configure, when I type "make" Iam
getting errors. Can u please suggest how to remove these errors.

These are the errors,
root@localhost binutils-2.9.1]# make

make[1]: Entering directory `/root/cross_compiler/binutils-2.9.1/libiberty'

if [ -n "" ] && [ ! -d pic ]; then \

mkdir pic; \

else true; fi

touch stamp-picdir

echo "# !Automatically generated from ./functions.def"\

"- DO NOT EDIT!" >needed2.awk

grep '^DEFVAR(' < ./functions.def \

| sed -e '/DEFVAR/s|DEFVAR.\([^,]*\).*|/\1/ { printf "#ifndef
NEED_\1\\n#define NEED_\1\\n#endif\\n" }|' \

>>needed2.awk

grep '^DEFFUNC(' < ./functions.def \

| sed -e '/DEFFUNC/s|DEFFUNC.\([^,]*\).*|/\1/ { printf "#ifndef
NEED_\1\\n#define NEED_\1\\n#endif\\n" }|' \

>>needed2.awk

gcc -c -g -O2 -I. -I./../include ./dummy.c 2>/dev/null

make[1]: *** [dummy.o] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/cross_compiler/binutils-2.9.1/libiberty'

make: *** [all-libiberty] Error 2

regards,
Hemanth
MACIL
Electronics city
Bangalore

---

From: "Kaj-Michael Lang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 17:40:32 +0300

> getting errors. Can u please suggest how to remove these errors.

That binutils is extremly old, try using something a little more uptodate...
I'd recommend using crosstool to build you cross compiler.

-- 
Kaj-Michael Lang , [email-masked]