Subject: Jtag spec. and the firmware for Au1100

From: "safiudeen Ts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:23:01 +0000

How can we copy the kernel image to target board (processor au1100  )?
if we want to use JTAG where can I get the jatg schemetic detailes and the 
firmware for Red Hat linux 9
please any one can help me in this regards

than you
safi

_________________________________________________________________
Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online 
http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

---

From: Wolfgang Denk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:31:55 +0200

> firmware for Red Hat linux 9

You don't need any special information about the JTAG interface  (and
you  will  find that it is very difficult to get and under strict NDA
if at all). All you need is a JTAG debugger which understands how  to
deal  with  this interface, for example the Abatron BDI2000 (which is
just great especially for Linux).

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

-- 
Software Engineering:  Embedded and Realtime Systems,  Embedded Linux
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: [email-masked]
The C-shell doesn't parse. It adhoculates.
    - [email-masked] in <[email-masked]>

---

From: Tiemo Krueger - mycable GmbH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:37:05 +0200

Normally you could use a boatloader like Yamon or uboot to load something
from a tftp-server or serial conenction on the board. If there isn't any 
bootloader
on the board you have to flash one on your board. This should normally 
be provided
with the board (which one do you have?).

Ejtag: The pin specification for ejtag should be in the board 
documentation, normally
it's quite easy to build an adapter to connect it to ejtag hardware like 
the bdi2000 or similar.

firmware: So you mean a kernel and maybe a rootfile-system? Didn't came 
anything with the board?
Depending on the HW-components on the board you may require your own 
kernel which
you can build from the sources on Linux-mips.org, try at first a default 
configuration for the Au1100.

Tiemo

safiudeen Ts wrote:

> if we want to use JTAG where can I get the jatg schemetic detailes and 
> the firmware for Red Hat linux 9