Subject: Error :Nomatch found in TLB ?????

From: "Srinivas JT." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:25:05 +0530

Dear All,
I am very new to this group.
I tried to load my .serc file into my Db1500 SDB. The steps that I followed are,

1) I wrote a filein C(Linux).
2) I generated an object file using gcc.
3) By using objcopy I converted my obj file into srec file.
4) Then I tried to download my srec file into Db1500 SDB in Yamon using tftp.

then I got error as,

Error: No match in TLB for mapped address  : Address = 0x00000000

Why I am getting this error ?. Is any error there in my procedure..?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Srinivas JT

---

From: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:44:06 +0200 (MEST)

> 2) I generated an object file using gcc.

Using the plain `gcc' command, I guess?

> Why I am getting this error ?. Is any error there in my procedure..?

By default gcc creates ELF files for a virtual memory OS. Hence the load
address (0x00000000) is virtual as well.

You have to explicitly tell the linker to create an image to be loaded at a
specific address, cfr. arch/mips/kernel/vmlinux.lds.S.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- [email-masked]

In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But
when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that.
							    -- Linus Torvalds

---

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:53:19 -0700

>Why I am getting this error ?. Is any error there in my procedure..?

Link your image to kseg0, not a virtual addresses like 0. The kernel, 
for example, is linked at kseg0 so the srec addresses are at 0x80100000. 
Since not tlbs are required for kseg0, yamon does not have problems 
loading into that region.

Pete