Subject: RE: Howto run Linux on ACER PICA 61

From: "Alexander Voropay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:15:04 +0400

Hi!

>Linux has code for this system but it's suffering from severe bitrot.
>I still have the documents here so I could help you a bit if you were
willing to
>resurrect the kernel - which should be relativly easy, also due to the
>system's similarity to another, somewhat better supported system,
>the Olivetti M700-10.

  I'm trying to cross-compile a kernel from the linux-mips CVS.

  Unfortunately, the build script does not provide a selection for the
SCSI driver for the ACER PICA  (/linux/drivers/scsi/NCR53C9x.h ??)
and SONIC DP83932 Ethernet controller.

--
-=AV=-

---

From: "Alexander Voropay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:59:52 +0400

Hi!

>  Unfortunately, the build script does not provide a selection for the
SCSI driver for
>the ACER PICA 

 It seems, this is a typo in Kconfigs... The JAZZ machine name is a
"MACH_JAZZ",
not a  "MIPS_JAZZ"

[root@monitor linux]# find . -name "Kconfig" | xargs grep MIPS_JAZZ
./drivers/net/Kconfig:config MIPS_JAZZ_SONIC
./drivers/net/Kconfig:  depends on NET_ETHERNET && MIPS_JAZZ
./drivers/scsi/Kconfig: depends on MIPS_JAZZ && SCSI
./linux/drivers/net/Kconfig:config MIPS_JAZZ_SONIC
./linux/drivers/net/Kconfig:    depends on NET_ETHERNET && MIPS_JAZZ
./linux/drivers/scsi/Kconfig:   depends on MIPS_JAZZ && SCSI

--
-=AV=-