Subject: Invitation to the Oldenburg Linux Developers Meeting #9

From: Martin Schulze <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:38:46 +0200

Moin!

       Invitation to the Oldenburg Linux Developers Meeting #9
       -------------------------------------------------------

Executive summary:

URL:   http://oldenburger.linuxtage.de/Oldenburg2004/
What:  Oldenburg Linux Developers Meeting #9
Who:   Every developer interested in Linux on non-i386 platforms
       Every developer interested in developing the debian-installer
When:  September, 22nd to 26th (Wednesday noon to Sunday afternoon)
Where: University of Oldenburg, science building in Oldenburg Wechloy
Orga:  ffis e.V., Martin 'Joey' Schulze

Keeping the tradition alive we will organise another Linux developers
meeting in Oldenburg this year at the last weekend of September.  This
year, however, we will be able to use the facility from Wednesday to
Sunday, hence, one day longer than before.

There were loud complaints last year about the meeting being too
short, so it will be extended by one day this time.  The meeting will
take place at the University of Oldenburg in the scientific building
in Oldenburg Wechloy.

the goal of this developers meeting is to provide developers a means
to work in common on the non-i386 Linux ports and related topics and
to further the exchange of ideas and discussion about the several
ports.

We will have dedicated working and sleeping rooms as before.  We
should be able to use three more rooms during the nights in case the
number of attending developers is too high for the two dedicated
sleeping rooms.  We will be able to use the shower facility of the
sports department nearby.

This year Debian developers will join us again for work on the new
debian-installer.  They will probably want to test the installer on
some "obscure" hardware they don't normally have access to, so don't
worry if you should receive such a request.

We will have dinner together in a restaurant in the evening.  A
preliminary plan is on the web already, but the restaurants and the
order may still change.  We will have a barbecue on Friday for this is
the tenth developers meeting already.

As usual we will have a never-ending breakfast in the large working
room.  I will get rolls each morning and ensure that there will be
butter, cheese, saussages, jam, Nutella and stuff.  I'll also take
care of non-alcoholic fluids.

Attendance is free of cost including food and beverage in the working
rooms (although we are always thankful for donations, EUR 10-20 per
person should cover the expenses).  However, for the barbecue on
Friday instead of a restaurant we would be thankful if you could take
a stake in the expenses, EUR 5-10 should cover the costs.

Beside machines, equipment and documentation you'll need to take with
you a sleeping bag, maybe a camping mat or cot, towels, shower suff,
personal toilett stuff, maybe medicine, clothes, mug and plate are
optional but helpful.

You'll find routing information on the website mentioned above.

If you would like to attend the meeting, please send back the
following form, so that we can calculate space, power and food.

Name ................:

Date of arrival .....: ( ) Wednesday, Sep, 22nd
                       ( ) Thursday, Sep, 23rd
                       ( ) Friday, Sep, 24th 
                       ( ) Saturday, Sep, 25th

Date of departure ...: ( ) Friday, Sep. 24th
                       ( ) Saturday, Sep. 25th
                       ( ) Sunday, Sep. 26th

[ ] Vegetarian (only needed for the barbecue)

___ usable seats in my car, once arrived (only if you come by car)

Special requirements for food: ______________________

If you come by train/plane and want me to pick up up in Bremen or
Oldenburg, please drop me the exact arrival and departure times as
well.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Regards,

	Joey

-- 
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.   Paul Erdös

Please always Cc to me when replying to me on the lists.

---

From: Martin Schulze <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:21:21 +0200

>        Invitation to the Oldenburg Linux Developers Meeting #9

Correct URL is <http://meeting.ffis.de/Oldenburg2004/>.  The above
domain got lost unfortunately.

Regards,

	Joey