Subject: 64-bit kernels for the Qube

From: Peter Horton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:47:24 +0100

I'm looking to build a 64-bit 2.6.x kernel for running on the Cobalt
Qube. Can someone tell me which binutils and gcc versions I should be
using ?

P.

---

From: Kumba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:42:05 -0400

> Qube. Can someone tell me which binutils and gcc versions I should be

gcc-3.3.4 and binutils-2.14.90.0.8 work for me (also tested 
2.15.90.0.3).  3.4.x has some issues, any kernel built with it seems to 
crash after checking for the daddui bug (tested on cobalt 32bit and O2 
64bit after applying a patch to remove 'accum' from several files).

--Kumba

-- 
"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: 
small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are 
elsewhere."  --Elrond