Subject: Q: aty_nobiosinit.patch - to pre 2.4.24 kernel?

From: Ralf Ackermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:59:20 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Michael, hello all,

Looks like I need to make a custom (pre 2.4.24) kernel for the MeshCube.

Pete Popov pointed me to the patch - see below (many thanks!!). Have you 
been running pre 2.4.24 kernels on the MeshCube (AFAIK the CVS starts with 
2.4.24 already).

Otherwise - how to proceed for a MIPS or MTX1 specific kernel? Is that
	- starting with the standard kernel source from www.kernel.org
	- applying a patch (where from?) to it (I have only done this
		for ARM systems so far - where this procedure is the
		standard way)

Again - any hints highly welcome
 regards Ralf

PS: I'll finally document all the answers I got within the process in the 
Wiki => so we'll hopefully all profit from it.

----
original message:

I don't know which ATI Rage card you have exactly, but there is a patch 
for the RageXL (tested on a MIPS board) on 
ftp.linux-mips.org:/pub/linux/mips/people/ppopov/2.4/aty_nobiosinit.patch.

The problem is that at kernel version 2.4.24 or .25, don't remember 
which one, the aty code was restructured and the patch does not apply 
anymore.

Pete