Subject: Free to a good home . . .

From: "Foley, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:26:40 -0400

I have several NeTpower FastSeries SP (MIPS R4600) workstations,
in various states of being stripped, that I am looking to donate to the
Linux cause. These machines are PCI and ISA (or EISA, depending on mobo rev)
and have DEC Tulip Ethernet and NCR FWSCSI (IIRC.)

            I'm located in Boston, and am willing to deliver and/or package
(within reason) in order to see these machines go to promote Linux.

            Any takers?

John T. Foley

Network Administrator, UNIX, CAD Systems, Data Coordinator

Pollak Engineered Products, Actuator Products Division, A Stoneridge Company

195 Freeport Street, Boston MA 02122

ph: (617) 474-7266 fax: (617) 282-9058

The geographical center of Boston is in Roxbury. Due north of the center we
find the South End. This is not to be confused with South Boston which lies
directly east from the South End. North of the South End is East Boston and
southwest of East Boston is the North End.

_________________________________________________________________ 
This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information intended
only for the person(s) and/or organization named. Any use, distribution,
copying or disclosure by or to any other person outside your organization is
strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please send
an electronic mail message to [email-masked] so we may instruct you
regarding its disposition.

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:24:30 +0200

>             Any takers?

Afair these machines are already NetBSD supported and technically relatives
to systems for which Linux support is just suffering from some bitrot.  I
hope that motivates somebody to take the challenge.

  Ralf

---

From: Michael Stickel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:34:35 +0200

I would like to take one, but I am locatet in Europe, so I assume the shipping 
would kill me.

Michael

On Friday 13 August 2004 14:24, you wrote:
> >             I have several NeTpower FastSeries SP (MIPS R4600)
> > workstations, in various states of being stripped, that I am looking to
> > donate to the Linux cause. These machines are PCI and ISA (or EISA,
> > depending on mobo rev) and have DEC Tulip Ethernet and NCR FWSCSI (IIRC.)