Subject: lsmod -- used by ?

From: "bel racu" <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Aug 2004 02:12:33 -0000

Hello,

trying to get framebuffer up on au1500 Alchemy db1500 board.
with cyberpro 5000 chipset PCI graphics card.

Able to insert the module cyber2000fb withot problem, 
and the cards gets registerd ... When issued lsmod i get some thing 
strange like this like this 

   #lsmod
    Module            Size    Used by    Tainted: P  
    cyber2000fb       1776    63 

what is does 63 under module UsedBy meeen ?

Ram

---

From: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:24:10 +0200 (MEST)

> what is does 63 under module UsedBy meeen ?

That's the maximum number of virtual consoles configured for the system. Fbcon
increments the use count for each virtual console.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- [email-masked]

In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But
when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that.
							    -- Linus Torvalds