Subject: Octane gfx works; SCSI woes

From: Stanislaw Skowronek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:26:44 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi again!

A new graphics driver for Octane is in order. This driver allows writing
user-mode gfx applications through register mapping and DMA. I would like
to ask anyone with an Octane to help me test this driver.

Currently, the only user-mode application taking advantage of this driver
is MPlayer, which works quite fine (if a bit slowly as there is no
assembly for MIPS - hint, hint!).

Especially wanted:
 * someone with SE/SI card (it is possible that the current driver is
   for double-RSS people only - MX*, SS* as I use RSS switching at some
   point - this has to be auto-detected and fixed!)
 * someone knowledgeable about SCSI (currently the ISP1040 controllers
   found in Octane bomb in a strange way with HCH's patched SCSI driver;
   they don't work at all with the QLISP driver).

Have fun,

Stanislaw Skowronek

--<=>--
  "You're not as old as the trees, not as young as the leaves.
   Not as free as the breeze, not as open as the seas."