Subject: 2.6 kernel work for XXS1500

From: "Robin H. Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 01:55:10 -0700

This is a general announcement of some work being done to update XXS1500
support to a 2.6 kernel level. Testers welcome.

This isn't ready for CVS inclusion yet, still needs more testing and
validation, but to stop the hordes of people emailing me about it (Hi
Marcel), here it is being publicly announced:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~robbat2/xxs1500/linux-xxs1500-20040927.patch-dangerous.gz
Applies against latest CVS.

Contains:
- Kconfig stuff for the BCM5222 Dual PHY.
- XXS1500 PCI IRQ stuff
- MTD access to the onboard flash (Pete's code)
- Kconfig stuff for MTD flash
- drivers/pcmcia/au1000_generic.c: cleanup debug code
- drivers/pcmcia/au1000_xxs1500.c: port to 2.6
- Move include/asm-mips/xxs1500.h to include/asm-mips/mach-xxs1500/xxs1500.h

No warranty on it, I don't trust my PCMCIA code entirely yet.

From the original codebase:
a) au_writel((au_readl(GPIO2_PINSTATE) & ~(1<<14))|(1<<30), GPIO2_OUTPUT);
b) au_writel((au_readl(GPIO2_PINSTATE) | (1<<14))|(1<<30), GPIO2_OUTPUT);

The 1<<14 indicates a specific location to set, and the 1<<30 says to
enable output on that location.
In arch/mips/au1000/xxs1500/board_setup.c, snippet a is commented as
'turn off power'.
In drivers/pcmcia/au1000_xxs1500.c, snippet a is commented as 'turn on
power', and snippet b is commented as 'turn off power'.

Your guess is as good as mine as to which does what.

I've replaced them with two macros:
XXS1500_GPIO2_PCMCIA_POWER_ON
XXS1500_GPIO2_PCMCIA_POWER_OFF

Due to the number of times they occur.

-- 
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : [email-masked]
Home Page  : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
GnuPG FP   : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED  F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85

---

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:02:29 -0700

Hi Robin,

>- drivers/pcmcia/au1000_generic.c: cleanup debug code
I've updated the pcmcia driver but haven't pushed the patch in yet. I 
cleaned up the debug code but I'll take a look at what you've done too.

The rest of the core 2.6 update is on its way, including the 36bit 
support, zImage, all the drivers, etc.

Pete