Subject: O2/IP32 R10k status / gbefb and LCD

From: Paul Jakma <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:03:45 +0100 (IST)

Hi,

Does anyone know the status of current CVS for IP32 R10k? Many parts 
of the O2 patches seem now to have been merged to CVS (gbefb), some 
parts I cant figure out though. Eg MACE audio? The "glaurung" patch 
adds a new file for mace audio driver support, which isnt in CVS, yet 
the definition for struct mace_audio in CVS is now filled out.

Does anyone know?

Also, R10k cache coherence, what's the status of that?

Also, does anyone have a known-working reasonably current IP32 kernel 
image? I've compiled my own from recent CVS, but it doesnt appear to 
work - no modechange once PROM loads it. If anyone would have a known 
good recent build of an IP32 kernel (with gbefb obviously), I'd be 
very grateful.. i dont quite yet have anything to serial console it 
to, and i'm trying to figure out if the apparent LCD support in 
gbefb is working (gbefb=monitor:lcd).

Thanks in advance from someone who'd desperately prefer to be running 
Linux to IRIX.. ;)

regards,
-- 
Paul Jakma	[email-masked]	[email-masked]	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune:
Q:	Why is it that Mexico isn't sending anyone to the '84 summer games?
A:	Anyone in Mexico who can run, swim or jump is already in LA.

---

From: Paul Jakma <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 17:56:29 +0100 (IST)

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Paul Jakma wrote:

> yet have anything to serial console it to, and i'm trying to figure out if 
> the apparent LCD support in gbefb is working (gbefb=monitor:lcd).

Which it doesnt appear to.

Very recent CVS kernel, 8M framebuffer compiled in, it boots 
(keyboard leds work), but no display (screen is left as is from 
PROM).

regards,
-- 
Paul Jakma	[email-masked]	[email-masked]	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune:
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening.
 		-- Alexander Woollcott