Subject: Problem with yamon (2.06) and TLB on Malta

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 07:31:19 -0700

Hi,
I am trying to write the kernel image to flash / IDE using yamon's disk write,
load,cp commands . I have a recurring error message that says "Mapped entry not
found in TLB" (something to that effect,just in case these are not the exact words).
For e.g. I get the error evenn when I do a memory erase at the flash address
sucessfully and later use the same starting address for cp .
Does the TLB need to be edited in any specific way or can I direct these
commands to execute without them needing to refer to the TLB?
I know the answer must be pretty apparent, but have already scoured through
google in vain searching for exact/relevant documentation.(and am pretty
desperate now!)
Thanks,
Gautam

---

From: Chris Dearman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:14:39 +0100

> google in vain searching for exact/relevant documentation.(and am pretty

   Are you trying to use the physical addresses when accessing the 
FLASH/memory?  You need to use KSEG0/KSEG1 addresses:

YAMON> erase be100000 2e0000  		# Erase the FLASH "user" area
The following area will be erased:
Start address = 0x1e100000
Size          = 0x002e0000
Confirm ? (y/n) y
Erasing...Done
YAMON>
YAMON> dump be100000 20			# Check that it's erased

BE100000: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF  ................
BE100010: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF  ................

YAMON> fill 80100000 20 55		# Set up some data in RAM
Filling from 0x80100000 to 0x8010001f with byte data 0x55.
YAMON> copy 80100000 be100000 20	# copy data to FLASH
Copying...Done
YAMON> dump be100000 20			# Check that FLASH contains data

BE100000: 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55  UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
BE100010: 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55 55  UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

	Chris

-- 
Chris Dearman          The Fruit Farm, Ely Road    voice +44 1223 706206
MIPS Technologies (UK) Chittering, Cambs, CB5 9PH  fax   +44 1223 706250