Subject: redhat/7.3/NIISI updated

From: "Gleb O. Raiko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 21:29:32 +0400

Hello,

I've uploaded new NIISI packages in 
ftp://ftp.linux-mips.org/pub/linux/mips/redhat/7.3/NIISI/

The NIISI packages are updated version of H.J. Lu's mini-port of RedHat 7.3.

Most important change in this update is all packages from mini-port and 
previous NIISI updates were recompiled due to a bug in the C/C++ 
compiler from the original toolchain package. Of course, the bug itself 
is fixed in toolchain.

Other changes include RH/FL security fixes and a lot of new stuff.

Finally, a (not-so-)minimal root fs package  is provided in tools.

Regards,
Gleb.

---

From: "Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:43:14 +0200

> Finally, a (not-so-)minimal root fs package  is provided in tools.

Is there a HOWTO available specifically for cross-building RH7.3 for MIPS
on another (x86) RedHat/Fedora box?

-- 
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann*at*icm.edu.pl>
Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling
Warsaw University  |  http://www.icm.edu.pl  |  tel. +48 (22) 5540810

---

From: "Gleb O. Raiko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:59:11 +0400

hello!

> on another (x86) RedHat/Fedora box?

We used RH 7.3/i386. As I said every package in redhat/7.3/NIISI was 
cross-compiled on i386 for the MIPS I BE arch.

nano-HOWTO:

1. Install rpm and toolchain from RPMS/devel on RH 7.3/i386
2. Rebuild packages. Use rpmrc, rpmmacro, and 
find-requires-mips-linux-full during rebuild
3. Use scripts/spec-gen to get mips-linux- packages

That's all.

Regards,
Gleb.