Subject: Re: [PATCH] Broadcom SWARM IDE in 2.6

From: "Steven J. Hill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 22:01:20 -0600

Manish Lachwani wrote:
> 
> I had sent an incomplete patch before. Please try out this new patch, attached.
> Let me know if it works
> 
Manish,

This patch worked, however you need to fix a compiler warning before I am
willing to commit it. Please get rid of the warning shown below and submit
a new patch. Thanks!

-Steve

*******************

CC      drivers/ide/ide-generic.o
In file included from drivers/ide/ide-generic.c:13:
include/linux/ide.h:277:1: warning: "ide_init_default_irq" redefined
In file included from include/asm/ide.h:11,
                  from include/linux/ide.h:271,
                  from drivers/ide/ide-generic.c:13:
include/asm-mips/mach-generic/ide.h:64:1: warning: this is the location of the 
previous definition

---

From: Manish Lachwani <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 12:18:35 -0800

Hi Steve,

"ide_init_default_irq" is defined in include/linux/ide.h and in
include/asm-mips/mach-generic/ide.h.

include/asm-mips/mach-generic/ide.h and include/asm-i386/ide.h are 
replicas. So, this compiler warning should appear on other platforms as 
well.

I have sent an email out to Jeff Garzik to understand why 
"ide_init_default_irq" is redefined

Thanks
Manish Lachwani

Steven J. Hill wrote:
> include/asm-mips/mach-generic/ide.h:64:1: warning: this is the location 
> of the previous definition