Subject: Build problem with drivers/net/au1000_eth.c

From: Josh Green <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 23:00:40 -0800

I'm using latest linux-mips CVS kernel (2.6.10rc3) and GCC 3.4.2 on a
AMD Alchemy DBau1100 development board (mipsel/MIPS32).  I wasn't able
to find any other location to post bugs, so please let me know if there
is a bug system or more appropriate place to post this.  The kernel
build dies with:

  CC      drivers/net/au1000_eth.o
drivers/net/au1000_eth.c: In function `au1000_init_module':
drivers/net/au1000_eth.c:100: sorry, unimplemented: inlining failed in
call to 'str2eaddr': function body not available
drivers/net/au1000_eth.c:1506: sorry, unimplemented: called from here
drivers/net/au1000_eth.c: At top level:
drivers/net/au1000_eth.c:152: warning: 'phy_link' defined but not used
make[2]: *** [drivers/net/au1000_eth.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [drivers/net] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

I was able to get things to build with the following patch, although I'm
sure this is not the proper way to do things:
$ cvs diff drivers/net/au1000_eth.c

Index: drivers/net/au1000_eth.c
===================================================================
RCS file: /home/cvs/linux/drivers/net/au1000_eth.c,v
retrieving revision 1.39
diff -r1.39 au1000_eth.c
100c100
< extern inline void str2eaddr(unsigned char *ea, unsigned char *str);
---
> extern void str2eaddr(unsigned char *ea, unsigned char *str);

Best regards,
	Josh Green