Subject: SIGTRAP Trace/Breakpoint Trap

From: Deepak V <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 01:37:40 +0530

Hi,

  I am using insure++ to build a multi-threaded application on RED HAT
Linux 3.2.3-37. (Linux insurertx 2.4.21-15.0.3.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue Jun 29
18:04:47 EDT 2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux)

  When I am running the application in GDB I am getting a SIGTRAP signal.

### Linux/LinuxThreadSpecific.cc:184: assertion failed
### @(#)$RCSfile: LinuxThreadSpecific.cc,v $ $Revision: 32.18 $ $Date:
2003/06/03 23:29:13 $

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
[Switching to Thread -1232592224 (LWP 30447)]
0xb68d4f01 in kill () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
(gdb) where
#0  0xb68d4f01 in kill () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#1  0xb6bd1ab8 in Insure::Debug::nativeTrap () from
/home/kodiak/ins++/lib.linux2/libinsure.so
#2  0xb6b518d6 in Insure::Debug::trap () from
/home/kodiak/ins++/lib.linux2/libinsure.so
#3  0xb6b94f3a in Insure::Object::assertionFailed () from
/home/kodiak/ins++/lib.linux2/libinsure.so
#4  0xb6bff718 in Insure::PosixThread::setThisThread () from
/home/kodiak/ins++/lib.linux2/libinsure_mt.so
#5  0xb6bfe8e1 in Insure::PosixThread::processWillBecomeMultithreaded
() from /home/kodiak/ins++/lib.linux2/libinsure_mt.so
#6  0xb6bc2cfe in Insure::ThisThread::processWillBecomeMultithreaded
() from /home/kodiak/ins++/lib.linux2/libinsure.so
#7  0xb6bc2caf in Insure::ThisThread::newThread () from
/home/kodiak/ins++/lib.linux2/libinsure.so
#8  0xb6bfeb3b in Insure::PosixThread::willCreateNewThread () from
/home/kodiak/ins++/lib.linux2/libinsure_mt.so
#9  0xb6bc3127 in Insure::ThisThread::willCreateNewThread () from
/home/kodiak/ins++/lib.linux2/libinsure.so
#10 0xb6b9813c in _insure_thread_create () from
/home/kodiak/ins++/lib.linux2/libinsure.so
#11 0xb6c8e76b in pthread_create () from
/home/kodiak/ins++/lib.linux2/libtql_pthread_gcc.so

Can you please suggest what may be going wrong and the possible
solution for this?

  Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Deepak.

---

From: Daniel Jacobowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:55:53 -0500

> /home/kodiak/ins++/lib.linux2/libinsure.so

You will have to manually pass these unexpected SIGTRAPs back to your
application.

-- 
Daniel Jacobowitz