Subject: Re: CVS [email-masked]: linux

From: "Steven J. Hill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:13:42 -0600

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> Log message:
> 	Remove obsolete MAX1617 driver code. The 'adm1021' driver handles both
> 	the 1617 and 1617a with a minor modification. This chip now works properly
> 	on SiByte Swarm boards.

Ralf,

A lot of the I2C code, specifically the headers files in 'include/linux' need
to be pushed back to the I2C maintainers. Would you like me to make the patches
and do that, or do you have time?

-Steve

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 03:52:40 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 [email-masked] wrote:

> Modified files:
> 	drivers/i2c    : Kconfig 
> 	drivers/i2c/chips: adm1021.c 
> Removed files:
> 	drivers/i2c    : i2c-max1617.c 
> 
> Log message:

 The removal is welcome, but the change to adm1021.c is broken.  You
should set I2C_CLASS_HWMON for the SiByte I2C adapter instead.  Please fix
your commit.  Thanks.

  Maciej