Subject: Wiki contents license

From: Thomas Petazzoni <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 10:22:52 +0100

Hello,

I would like to know if the contents of Linux MIPS Wiki are under a 
certain license. I would like to use parts of it for the french 
Wikipedia (after translation).

Is it possible ?

Thomas
-- 
PETAZZONI Thomas - [email-masked]
http://thomas.enix.org - Jabber: [email-masked]
http://kos.enix.org, http://sos.enix.org
Fingerprint : 0BE1 4CF3 CEA4 AC9D CC6E  1624 F653 CB30 98D3 F7A7

---

From: Ladislav Michl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 10:38:34 +0100

> Wikipedia (after translation).

As stated on main page:
"Content is available under GNU General Public License 2."

---

From: Thiemo Seufer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 10:42:06 +0100

Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> certain license.

The page says GPL2.

Thiemo

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 11:02:02 +0100

> Wikipedia (after translation).

You can license the parts you wrote yourself under a different license such
as the GNU FDL.  Or ask others to do so.  The Linux/MIPS Wiki contains
significant portions of kernel code in some pages which was licensed under
the GPL anyway.

  Ralf