Subject: Au1000 Ethernet Driver using NAPI

From: Charles Eidsness <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:31:39 -0500

Hi All,

I was having a problem running a streaming audio application on my 
Au1000 processor when the Ethernet port was being bombarded with 
packets. All of the interrupt servicing was hogging my precious 
processing power and there was nothing left for my app. There's a new 
method for writing Ethernet drivers called NAPI which resolves this 
issue (somewhat). I converted the au1000's Ethernet driver to use this 
method. If you're interested you can find a patch that applys my changes 
to the most recent kernel here:

http://members.rogers.com/charles.eidsness/linux-au1000_eth.napi.patch

Cheers,
Charles

---

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:34:27 -0800

Very cool, thanks. Is the patch for 2.4 or 2.6?

Pete