Subject: Re:o32_ret_from_sys_call

From: "Philippe De Swert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:17:23 +0100

Hi Alexander,

Do you happen to work with a clean kernel or a montavista one?
Montavista made a lot of changes which do not necessarely reflect in the
normal kernel code (especially on irq, pre-emptiveness and PCI)

> I have noticed that somewhere around 2.4.17 sys_sysmips() function from 
> sysmips.c
> was rewritten and call to o32_ret_from_sys_call disappear. This function 
> (o32_ret_from_sys_call)
> was responsible for calling do_softirq() after each system call. I'm 
> curious, what is the
> current mechanism in mips 2.4.x that ensures that do_softirq is called 
> after system call ?

regards,

Philippe
 
| Philippe De Swert -GNU/linux - uClinux freak-      
|      
| Stag developer http://stag.mind.be/  
| Emdebian developer: http://www.emdebian.org  
|   
| Please do not send me documents in a closed format. (*.doc,*.xls,*.ppt)    
| Use the open alternatives. (*.pdf,*.ps,*.html,*.txt)    
| Why? http://pallieter.is-a-geek.org:7832/~johan/word/english/    

-------------------------------------------------------
NOTE! My email address is changing to ... @scarlet.be
Please make the necessary changes in your address book.

---

From: Alexander Sirotkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 14:41:35 +0200

Hi.

I do work with montavista kernel, but regarding this particular change - 
I can see it in all kernels
(montavista, kernel.org and linux-mips). In kernel.org this change 
happened between 2.4.18 and
2.4.19, don't know when exatcly it was introduced into other kernels.

10x.

-- 
Alexander Sirotkin
SW Engineer

Texas Instruments
Broadband Communications Israel (BCIL)
Tel:  +972-9-9706587
________________________________________________________________________
"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
      -- Henry Spencer