Subject: compiling yamon for Au1550 with a recent toolchain?

From: Clem Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:33:29 -0500

This isn't completely on topic, but it is a step on the way. I'm
getting ready for my Au1550 based hardware that will be back from
assembly soon. I'm trying to get the AMD provided yamon source to
compile. I'm using gcc 3.4.3 and bintools 2.15.94.0.2. After a few
tweeks to the makefile, yamon compiles but fails to link:

mips-ld -G 0 -T ./../link/link_el.xn -o ./yamon-02.23DB1550_el.elf -Map ...
mips-ld: section .data [000000009fc3d650 -> 000000009fc40faf] overlaps
section .rodata.str1.4 [000000009fc3d650 -> 000000009fc47197]
mips-ld: ./yamon-02.23DB1550_el.elf: section .rodata.str1.4 lma
0x9fc3d650 overlaps previous sections
mips-ld: ./yamon-02.23DB1550_el.elf: section .rodata.cst4 lma
0x9fc47198 overlaps previous sections

The linker command file (bin/link/link_el.xn) puts .data and .rodata
in _etext. I changed the *(.rodata) to *(.rodata*) in the link_el.xn,
but that didn't help.

Any ideas what might be going on? Has anyone tried compiling this
yamon with a recent gcc/bintools?

                                  Thanks,
                                  Clem

---

From: Gilad Rom <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:15:02 +0200

I have. I can tell you it required a lot of hacking, most of which
I haven't written down.

I can send you my sources if you'd like. They're hardwired for
Au1500/Little Endian, but they build ;)
Shoudn't take long to change the actual build type.

Gilad.