Subject: turbo channel drivers for 2.6

From: Peter 'p2' De Schrijver <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 02:04:48 +0100

Hi,

Is there anyone working on a turbo channel driver for 2.6 ? I have 2.4
running on the DEC 3000 (turbo channel alpha machine). I want to get 2.6
to work and it would make sense to share the turbo channel part with
other platforms (mipsel, vax).

Thanks,

Peter (p2).

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:53:10 +0000 (GMT)

> Is there anyone working on a turbo channel driver for 2.6 ? I have 2.4

 I am, halfheartedly.  Have you seen James Simmons's work?

> other platforms (mipsel, vax).

 That's the only reasonable way of doing it.  It should also permit easy 
support for multi-bus peripheral device drivers, namely for:
DEFTA/DEFEA/DEFPA, PMAGD/PBXGA and DGLTA/DGLPB.

  Maciej