Subject: Little Endian

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:47:33 -0800 (PST)

I'm just starting to look at a porting project. The board I'll
be using is little endian and the CVS version of the kernel
source doesn't have anything but big endian in the config
menu. Does little endian work at all and if so, how do I 
select it?

--
http://www.spinics.net/linux/

---

From: Manish Lachwani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:10:27 -0800

>menu. Does little endian work at all and if so, how do I 
When you do "make menuconfig", under "Machine Selection" item, there is 
an option called "Generate little endian code". Is this what you are 
looking for? This is a config option CONFIG_CPU_LITTLE_ENDIAN. This is 
defined in arch/mips/Kconfig:

config CPU_LITTLE_ENDIAN
        bool "Generate little endian code"
        default y if ACER_PICA_61 || CASIO_E55 || DDB5074 || DDB5476 || 
DDB5477 || MACH_DECSTATION
|| IBM_WORKPAD || LASAT || MIPS_COBALT || MIPS_ITE8172 || MIPS_IVR || 
SOC_AU1X00 || NEC_OSPREY || OLIVETTI_M700 || SNI_RM200_PCI || 
VICTOR_MPC30X || ZAO_CAPCELLA
        default n if MIPS_EV64120 || MIPS_EV96100 || MOMENCO_OCELOT || 
MOMENCO_OCELOT_G || SGI_IP22 || SGI_IP27 || SGI_IP32 || TOSHIBA_JMR3927
        help
          Some MIPS machines can be configured for either little or big 
endian
          byte order. These modes require different kernels. Say Y if your
          machine is little endian, N if it's a big endian machine.

Thanks
Manish Lachwani