Subject: Re: Big Endian au1550

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 20:23:38 +0000

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 12:02:47PM -0500, Dan Malek wrote:

> >So I guess this would apply to all Alchemy-based platforms and thus I
> >should offer big endian on all of them again?
> 
> Yes, big endian should be an option.  If it doesn't work, it
> should get fixed :-)

Okay.  I don't know which of the Alchemy systems are capable of supporting
big endian at all - some might not due to unavailable firmware for example.
So I guess I'll leave cooking a patch to you or Pete.

  Ralf

---

From: Dan Malek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 12:44:26 -0800

On Mar 4, 2005, at 12:23 PM, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> big endian at all -

They all will.

>  some might not due to unavailable firmware for example.

Well, you can (and I have) changed the mode when booting the
kernel from what the boot rom initialized.  It's not pretty, but it 
works.

> So I guess I'll leave cooking a patch to you or Pete.

OK.

	-- Dan