Subject: Re: sparse and mips

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:46:54 +0000

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 03:00:44PM +0100, Jeroen Vreeken wrote:

> Adding the following few lines fixes the problems with the headers (they 
> are normally defined by gcc)...
> I am not sure that is all that is needed (the rest might just be me 
> doing bad things in my driver) but since they are mips specific I think 
> arch/mips/Makefile would be the right place for them:
> 
> CHECKFLAGS    += -D__mips__
> ifdef CONFIG_MIPS32
> CHECKFLAGS    += -D_MIPS_SZLONG=32

I went for something slightly more beautyful:

CHECKFLAGS-y                            += -D__linux__ -D__mips__
CHECKFLAGS-$(CONFIG_MIPS32)             += -D_MIPS_SZLONG=32 \
                                           -D__PTRDIFF_TYPE__=int
CHECKFLAGS-$(CONFIG_MIPS64)             += -D_MIPS_SZLONG=64 \
                                           -D__PTRDIFF_TYPE__="long int"
CHECKFLAGS-$(CONFIG_CPU_BIG_ENDIAN)     += -D__MIPSEL__
CHECKFLAGS-$(CONFIG_CPU_LITTLE_ENDIAN)  += -D__MIPSEL__

Still needs a few more symbols I guess.  And I fixed a few of the worst
offenders, especially uaccess.h.

  Ralf

---

From: Ulrich Eckhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 12:38:38 +0100

> CHECKFLAGS-$(CONFIG_CPU_LITTLE_ENDIAN)  += -D__MIPSEL__

typo? ;)

Uli

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 11:50:20 +0000

> > CHECKFLAGS-$(CONFIG_CPU_LITTLE_ENDIAN)  += -D__MIPSEL__

Guess I've been assimilated ;)

  Ralf