Subject: clear_user_page in page.h

From: JP Foster <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 13:12:52 +0000

Hi all,
I'm building the video4linux drivers as modules and the video-buf driver
can't load as it has no reference to shm_align_mask and
flush_data_cache_page. 

These are needed by asm-mips/page.h for the inline funcs, pages_do_alias
and clear/copy_user_page.
How should shm_align_mask and flush_data_cache_page. be exported to
modules?

Most other asm-xxx/page.h doesn't need any externs, all is #defined
within page.h or files included by it.

Any ideas how I deal with this? Presumably other modules will be 
affected by this.

-- 
[email-masked]
Digital Simplicity

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 14:07:47 +0000

> Any ideas how I deal with this? Presumably other modules will be 

The code in question should be considered broken anyway but for the
time being until this is actually fixed I'm going to add the two symbol
exports.

  Ralf

---

From: JP Foster <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 15:11:20 +0000

Great, that's what I did here. 
When you say the code in question do you mean the v4l stuff or page.h?

-- 
[email-masked]
Digital Simplicity

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 17:45:38 +0000

> When you say the code in question do you mean the v4l stuff or page.h?

Linux mm.  The (brain-)damage goes beyond page.h.

  Ralf