Subject: How /sbin/init is executed

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 17:52:15 +0530

Hi,

I am working on HIGHMEM implementation on Monta Vista Linux 3.1. I am
able to boot the kernel till "/sbin/init".

I am getting stuck with How /sbin/init is fetched and executed from
Target ROOT Dir.

Is it that a part of /sbin/init file is fetched and executed and then
the other part of the file is fetched?

If I want to debug the progress of /sbin/init execution then how can I
proceed in this direction?

Rishabh Kumar Goel
Software Engineer

SoCrates Software India Pvt. Ltd.
a TOSHIBA Group Company
#10, Industrial Layout,
Prestige Atlanta,
III Block, Koramangala,
Bangalore - 560034

Ph. 080-51101669

The information contained in this e-mail message and in any annexure is
confidential to the  recipient and may contain privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete the message along with
any annexure. You should not disclose, copy or otherwise use the information contained
in the message or any annexure. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the
individual sender except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of
SoCrates Software India Pvt Ltd., Bangalore.