Subject: When code and comments disagree...

From: Ulrich Eckhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:00:53 +0200

... both are probably wrong, as the saying goes. I stumbled across this line 
in arch/mips/au1000/common/reset.c:

   au_writel(0x00, 0xb1900100); /* sys_pininputen */

However, 0xb1900100 is SYS_TRIOUTCLR, while SYS_PININPUTEN is 0xb1900110... 
Which one is right now?

Also, does the switch statement in that file make sense at all? I mean is it 
possible to compile a kernel that runs on several Alchemy systems?

Uli

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 21:19:15 +0100

> possible to compile a kernel that runs on several Alchemy systems?

Technically it's certainly possible to share kernels for many of the
Linux/MIPS platforms but for an architecture that these days largely
powers embedded platforms a generic kernel is of much less usefullnes than
on PCs, for example.

  Ralf