Subject: problems compiling prog. for mipsel platform

From: Pratik Patel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 16:28:56 -0700

Hi,

I compiled libpcap for mipsel platform. Now I have the proper
libpcap.a file. I had to bring the ifaddrs.h file from /usr/bin/
folder.

When I compile a simple program (ldev.c) available at:
http://www.cet.nau.edu/~mc8/Socket/Tutorials/section1.html

Output of the program:
[pratik@Akshar libpcap_samples]$ mipsel-uclibc-gcc ldev.c -lpcap
/opt/brcm/hndtools-mipsel-uclibc-0.9.19/lib/libpcap.a(fad-getad.o): In
function `pcap_findalldevs':
fad-getad.c(.text+0xa4): undefined reference to `getifaddrs'
fad-getad.c(.text+0x2e0): undefined reference to `freeifaddrs'
/opt/brcm/hndtools-mipsel-uclibc-0.9.19/lib/libpcap.a(nametoaddr.o):
In function `pcap_ether_hostton':
nametoaddr.c(.text+0x764): undefined reference to `ether_hostton'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
[pratik@Akshar libpcap_samples]$

Are ther any patches for the ifaddrs.h file?

Cheers,
Pratik