Subject: RE: iptables/vmalloc issues on alchemy

From: "Christian Gan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 18:16:36 -0500

Sorry, I should have been more clear:  The little test module I created
worked without CONFIG_64BIT_PHYS_ADDR, I realize that it would fail for
the PCI device though.

Thanks!

Christian

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Malek [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 5:17 PM
To: Christian Gan
Cc: Josh Green; Herbert Valerio Riedel; [email-masked]; Pete
Popov
Subject: Re: iptables/vmalloc issues on alchemy

On Apr 28, 2005, at 5:22 PM, Christian Gan wrote:

> ..... Again it would be okay if I used
> kmalloc or if I disabled CONFIG_64BIT_PHYS_ADDR.

An Au1500 or Au1550 isn't likely to work with this disabled.
PCI and other peripherals exist in the 36-bit space, unless you
disable them.  I suspect all of this got broken with the dynamic
exception handler building.  Prior to that, I suspect it works
fine.  I guess we need to do some regression testing ....

Thanks.

	-- Dan