Subject: Bug detection and correction on Alchemy au1x00_uart.c serial driver

From: "d.piccolo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:02:08 +0200

Hi Everybody

I've found a bug in the  au1x00_uart.c file in the drivers/serial/
directory of the 2.6.10 linux kernel. There is only possible to change
the speed of the communication but not to update other parameters of the
serial link, like the number of bits involved, stop bits and parity.
  Comparing the code of this source file with the code of the standard
8250 driver (8250.c also present in the same directory) I've found the
problem:  au1x00_uart.c never updates the LCR register  (Line Control
Register) of the serial controller at runtime, it happens only at first
setup. The problem is solved by adding the line

	serial_out(up, UART_LCR, cval);

just before the line 
 
	up->lcr = cval;	  /* Save LCR */

(there is only one position in all the source code where is written
"Save LCR")

I hope it could be useful.
                              David Piccolo

---

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:08:08 -0700

Applied, thanks.

Pete