Subject: NPTL

From: Greg Weeks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 13:11:40 -0400

I saw the kernel support patch (TLS) a while back and ment to ask what 
state the gcc/glibc patches were in. Has either been picked up into the 
gnu projects yet? If they're close I might try building a toolchain and 
root file system with NPTL to try our test suite on.

Greg Weeks

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:20:09 -0500 (CDT)

> root file system with NPTL to try our test suite on.
The kernel patch has not gone in and probably will not until a lot more
testing has been done. All of the changes to binutils, gcc and glibc
have been checked in and are available from HEAD of cvs for respective
repositories.

-Steve

---

From: Daniel Jacobowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 13:21:46 -0400

On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 12:20:09PM -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
> testing has been done.

Why do you say that?

-- 
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:23:35 -0500 (CDT)

> > The kernel patch has not gone in and probably will not until a lot more
I just made that assumption based on the fact that it is not in CVS
yet, at least it was not yesterday. Did I mis-speak?

-Steve

---

From: Manish Lachwani <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 10:25:32 -0700

>have been checked in and are available from HEAD of cvs for respective
Steve,

I thought the kernel patch was well tested by Daniel.

Thanks
Manish Lachwani

---

From: Daniel Jacobowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:18:40 -0400

> yet, at least it was not yesterday. Did I mis-speak?

I imagine it will go in exactly when Ralf and Maciej are ready for it
to :-)  It is extremely well tested already.

-- 
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC