Subject: Big Endian au1550

From: Prashant Viswanathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:14:35 -0700

Is there a reason why the default configuration file doesn't support Big
Endian for the dbAu1550? 

Even if I edit .config to set the endianness to "BIG" it seems to change to
"Little Endian" every time a make is run.

Thanks
Prashant

---

From: Manish Lachwani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:23:13 -0700

>"Little Endian" every time a make is run.
In arch/mips/Kconfig,

config CPU_LITTLE_ENDIAN
        bool "Generate little endian code"
        default y if ACER_PICA_61 || CASIO_E55 || DDB5074 || DDB5476 || 
DDB5477 || MACH_DECSTATION
|| IBM_WORKPAD || LASAT || MIPS_COBALT || MIPS_ITE8172 || MIPS_IVR || 
SOC_AU1X00 || NEC_OSPREY || OLIVETTI_M700 || SNI_RM200_PCI || 
VICTOR_MPC30X || ZAO_CAPCELLA
        default n if MIPS_EV64120 || MIPS_EV96100 || MOMENCO_OCELOT || 
MOMENCO_OCELOT_G || SGI_IP22 || SGI_IP27 || SGI_IP32 || TOSHIBA_JMR3927
        help
          Some MIPS machines can be configured for either little or big 
endian
          byte order. These modes require different kernels. Say Y if your
          machine is little endian, N if it's a big endian machine.

So, it appears that if you have SOC_AU1X00 set, it will always be 
configured little endian.

Thanks
Manish Lachwani