Subject: Cross compile

From: "B Srinivas " <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 08:16:33 +0530

Hi,

     Iam trying to build a crosscompiler for MIPS64 big endian. Host
system being i686.

I have downloaded gcc 3.4.2 , binutils 2.15 and glibc 2.3.3 with kernel
2.4.20.

Iam following steps given below :

    tar -xvf binutils-2.15.tar

    cd binutils-2.15

     ./configure - - prefix=/opt/cross  - - target=mips3-linux 

     make 

     make install

   tar -xvf gcc-3.4.2.tar

   cd gcc-3.4.2

   ./configure - - prefix=/opt/cross - - target=mips3-linux  - -
with-headers=../linux/include -enable-languages=c -disable-threads

(I have my untarred linux directory in the parent directory.)

   cd gcc

    vi tconfig.h

   I edit at the end #ifndef inhibit_libc

                           #define inhibit_libc

                           #endif

    make

    here I get the following errors :

                                    sys/types.h , unistd.h , errno.h ,
time.h  no such file or directory !!!

can anybody please direct me where iam goin wrong or is it that I need
patches for this ??

Regards

Srinivas

------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------

B.Srinivas

Software Engineer

Conexant Systems Inc. , Noida

Email : [email-masked]

********************** Legal Disclaimer ****************************
"This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."
**********************************************************************