Subject: No PCI memory response

From: "Gill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 15:44:51 +0100

Can anyone help?  We're trying to talk to a RealTek RTL8139 device across
the PCI bus, and, although linux can access configuration registers on the
device, it does not access memory space correctly, and we are unable to read
back any sensible values from the RTL8139 registers. 

We are using the latest 2.6 linux on an Alchemy DB1550 board.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Gill

---

From: Ulrich Eckhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 16:52:33 +0200

Gill wrote:
> device, it does not access memory space correctly, and we are unable to
> read back any sensible values from the RTL8139 registers.
>

Random reads, discarded data after writing? I had the same problem and solved 
it by simply configuring the static bus controller of my Au1100 properly (of 
which before I didn't even know it existed...).

hth

Uli