Subject: problems compiling libpcap programs for mipsel

From: Pratik Patel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 13:07:23 -0700

Hi,

Finally I was able to compile libpcap for mipsel platform. Now I have
the proper libpcap.a file. I had to bring the .h files from different
versions/cross-compilers of mipsel platform libraries.

Even after doing this, I get the following output.

[pratik@Akshar libpcap_samples]$ mipsel-uclibc-gcc ldev.c -lpcap
/opt/brcm/hndtools-mipsel-uclibc-0.9.19/lib/libpcap.a(fad-getad.o): In
function `pcap_findalldevs':
fad-getad.c(.text+0xa4): undefined reference to `getifaddrs'
fad-getad.c(.text+0x2e0): undefined reference to `freeifaddrs'
/opt/brcm/hndtools-mipsel-uclibc-0.9.19/lib/libpcap.a(nametoaddr.o):
In function `pcap_ether_hostton':
nametoaddr.c(.text+0x764): undefined reference to `ether_hostton'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
[pratik@Akshar libpcap_samples]$

The ldev.c is the simplest libpcap program available at:
http://www.cet.nau.edu/~mc8/Socket/Tutorials/section1.html

Are there any patches available that I need to take care of?

Any pointers to suggestions/pathces are welcome.

Cheers,
Pratik