Subject: yenta_socket

From: Dmitriy Tochansky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 18:45:01 +0400

Hi!

Cant get where is the problem.

Look. I have pci->pcmcia cardbus adaptor CP3-HOUSE and I want to start it on mips.

Im enable cardbus yenta type in kernel config and see the follow:

Yenta: CardBus bridge found at 0000:00:11.0 [e4bf:2000]                         
yenta 0000:00:11.0: Preassigned resource 0 busy, reconfiguring...               
yenta 0000:00:11.0: Preassigned resource 1 busy, reconfiguring...               
Yenta: Enabling burst memory read transactions                                  
Yenta: Using CSCINT to route CSC interrupts to PCI                              
Yenta: Routing CardBus interrupts to PCI                                        
Yenta TI: socket 0000:00:11.0, mfunc 0x0fc01d02, devctl 0x66                    
drivers/pcmcia/ti113x.h pci_irq_status = 0                                      
Yenta TI: socket 0000:00:11.0 probing PCI interrupt failed, trying to fix       
Yenta TI: socket 0000:00:11.0 falling back to parallel PCI interrupts           
Yenta TI: socket 0000:00:11.0 no PCI interrupts. Fish. Please report.           
CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000004, epc =0
....

As far I understand driver cant get irq for this card but when I disable
this driver I can see(via cat /proc/pci) that cardbus have irq 4... :(
Ideas\advices are wellcome!

-- 
Dmitriy Tochansky
[email-masked]
JID: [email-masked]

---

From: Atsushi Nemoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 00:54:47 +0900 (JST)

>>>>> On Mon, 23 May 2005 18:45:01 +0400, Dmitriy Tochansky <[email-masked]> said:

toch> Im enable cardbus yenta type in kernel config and see the
toch> follow:

toch> yenta 0000:00:11.0: Preassigned resource 0 busy, reconfiguring...
toch> yenta 0000:00:11.0: Preassigned resource 1 busy, reconfiguring...

I think these messages are due to confliction with resource management
codes in drivers/pci/setup-bus.c.  Though I do not see details yet,
this quick workaround might solve this issue.

--- linux-mips/drivers/pcmcia/yenta_socket.c	2005-04-18 00:43:34.000000000 +0900
+++ linux/drivers/pcmcia/yenta_socket.c	2005-05-04 00:21:38.000000000 +0900
@@ -611,10 +611,12 @@
  */
 static void yenta_allocate_resources(struct yenta_socket *socket)
 {
+#if 0
 	yenta_allocate_res(socket, 0, IORESOURCE_MEM|IORESOURCE_PREFETCH);
 	yenta_allocate_res(socket, 1, IORESOURCE_MEM);
 	yenta_allocate_res(socket, 2, IORESOURCE_IO);
 	yenta_allocate_res(socket, 3, IORESOURCE_IO);	/* PCI isn't clever enough to use this one yet */
+#endif
 }

---
Atsushi Nemoto

---

From: Dmitriy Tochansky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 20:18:48 +0400

On Tue, 24 May 2005 00:54:47 +0900 (JST)

> +++ linux/drivers/pcmcia/yenta_socket.c	2005-05-04 00:21:38.000000000 +0900
  
  Well, yes, the resourse problem "dissapear", but irq is still asking to report. I'll try to check setup-bus.c becourse IMHO there is problem in irq assignment or something.
Yenta: CardBus bridge found at 0000:00:11.0 [e4bf:2000]                         
Yenta: Enabling burst memory read transactions                                  
Yenta: Using CSCINT to route CSC interrupts to PCI                              
Yenta: Routing CardBus interrupts to PCI                                        
Yenta TI: socket 0000:00:11.0, mfunc 0x0fc01d02, devctl 0x66                    
drivers/pcmcia/ti113x.h pci_irq_status = 0                                      
Yenta TI: socket 0000:00:11.0 probing PCI interrupt failed, trying to fix       
Yenta TI: socket 0000:00:11.0 falling back to parallel PCI interrupts           
Yenta TI: socket 0000:00:11.0 no PCI interrupts. Fish. Please report.           
CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000004, epc =c
Oops in arch/mips/mm/fault.c::do_page_fault, line 167[#1]:                      

-- 
Dmitriy Tochansky
[email-masked]
JID: [email-masked]

---

From: Dmitriy Tochansky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 20:25:14 +0400

On Mon, 23 May 2005 18:45:01 +0400

> CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000004, epc =0

Hm... Bus 5?

Linux Kernel Card Services                                                      
  options:  [pci] [cardbus]                                                     
PCI: Bus 1, cardbus bridge: 0000:00:11.0                                        
  IO window: 00001000-00001fff                                                  
  IO window: 00002000-00002fff                                                  
  PREFETCH window: 40000000-41ffffff                                            
  MEM window: 42000000-43ffffff                                                 
PCI: Bus 5, cardbus bridge: 0000:00:11.1                                        
  IO window: 00003000-00003fff                                                  
  IO window: 00004000-00004fff                                                  
  PREFETCH window: 44000000-45ffffff                                            
  MEM window: 46000000-47ffffff                                                 
PCI: Enabling device 0000:00:11.0 (0000 -> 0002)                                
PCI: Enabling device 0000:00:11.1 (0000 -> 0002)                                

-- 
Dmitriy Tochansky
[email-masked]
JID: [email-masked]