Subject: Re: CVS [email-masked]: linux

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:18:01 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 [email-masked] wrote:

> Modified files:
> 	arch/mips/kernel: irq_cpu.c 
> 
> Log message:
> 	MT bulletproofing; MT also uses the software interrupts.

 Well, since they use a different controller structure and different 
functions, the user-visible name should be different too, shouldn't it?  
To be original ;-) -- how about "MIPS-MT"?

  Maciej

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:26:10 +0100

> To be original ;-) -- how about "MIPS-MT"?

Thought about but then it's still hammering at the same old bits which
now just have received a different use.

  Ralf

---

From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:49:52 +0100 (BST)

> now just have received a different use.

 Using another structure is enough for justification -- it's a different 
"controller".  Similarly the two variations of interrupts handled in 
arch/mips/dec/ioasic-irq.c are almost the same (the difference is even 
smaller than here), but using separate structures made me use different 
names.

  Maciej