Subject: Re: New VINO video drivers for Indy

From: Markus Dahms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 10:44:41 +0200

Mikael Nousiainen wrote:

> Could you provide a sample image ?

http://automagically.de/images/p_indycam_01.jpg
http://automagically.de/images/p_indycam_02.jpg

And (it was hard enough to capture) one with some lines on it:

http://automagically.de/images/p_indycam_03.jpg

These pictures where taken with daylight, some of the colors are a bit
strange[1] (I'll try it artificial light in the evening).

Markus

[1] the cyan looking highlighter on the first picture should really be
    green ;).

---

From: Mikael Nousiainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 21:42:43 +0300

>http://automagically.de/images/p_indycam_02.jpg
Everything seems to be ok with these...

>http://automagically.de/images/p_indycam_03.jpg
The image is fuzzy because the camera has moved just after the first 
field for the image
has been captured, before capturing the second field (every other line).

The two black lines in the center of the image are the real problem as I 
have no
idea what causes them to appear. As you can easily check, the "missing 
content" is found
from the beginning of the same line.

>[1] the cyan looking highlighter on the first picture should really be
Yep, I've noticed same kind of behaviour with my indycam as it does not 
reproduce
blue colors correctly (blue is very weak always).
I've also heard that the camera is designed to be used in fluorescent 
light so
problems with colors seem to be a nice "feature" of the camera... :)

Thanks for the samples.