Subject: [PATCH] fix pfn_pte for 64BIT_PHYS_ADDR

From: "Andrew Isaacson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:12:32 -0700

On CONFIG_64BIT_PHYS_ADDR, pfn always fits in 'unsigned long', but
pfn<<PAGE_SHIFT sometimes extends beyond.  The pte is big enough to hold
'long long', but the shift in pfn_pte() needs to do its calculation with
enough bits to hold the result.

Signed-off-by: Andrew Isaacson <[email-masked]>

Index: lmo-1480/include/asm-mips/pgtable-32.h
===================================================================
--- lmo-1480.orig/include/asm-mips/pgtable-32.h	2005-08-16 23:00:19.000000000 -0700
+++ lmo-1480/include/asm-mips/pgtable-32.h	2005-08-16 23:01:39.000000000 -0700
@@ -137,7 +137,7 @@
 #define pfn_pte(pfn, prot)	__pte(((pfn) << (PAGE_SHIFT + 2)) | pgprot_val(prot))
 #else
 #define pte_pfn(x)		((unsigned long)((x).pte >> PAGE_SHIFT))
-#define pfn_pte(pfn, prot)	__pte(((pfn) << PAGE_SHIFT) | pgprot_val(prot))
+#define pfn_pte(pfn, prot)	__pte(((unsigned long long)(pfn) << PAGE_SHIFT) | pgprot_val(prot))
 #endif
 #endif /* defined(CONFIG_64BIT_PHYS_ADDR) && defined(CONFIG_CPU_MIPS32_R1) */

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:16:53 +0100

> enough bits to hold the result.

Thanks, applied also.

  Ralf