Subject: how to build ramdisk along with kernel-2.6.10

From: Suryya Kumar Jana <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Aug 2005 20:04:12 +0530

Hi
I would like to port linux-2.6.10 into a mips broad.
I'm able to build the kernel. But when try to boot the kernel for the
broad, it gives some errors given bellow. 
Probable it wants the ramdisk but is not getting. Could any body guide
me to solve this?

With the Best Regards
suryya
 
<2>initrd overwritten (0x%08lx < 0x%08lx) - disabling it.
<7>Calling initcall 0x%ppreemption imbalancedisabled interruptserror in
initcall at 0x%p: returned with %s
                                                                                                                             
/init/dev/console/sbin/init/etc/init/bin/init/bin/shNo init found.  Try
passing init= option to kernel.Warning: unable to open an initial
console.
early_parm_test: %s
(null)early_setup_test: %s
Linux version 2.6.10-TSB20041227 (root@getafix) (gcc version 3.2.3 (CELF
20031024)) #27 Thu Aug 18 12:43:15 IST 2005
/sys/block/%s/dev%u:%u/sys/block/%s/range/syssysfs/dev/nfsram/root
readonlyVFS: Mounted root (%s filesystem)%s.
VFS: Unable to mount root fs on %sVFS: Cannot open root device "%s" or
%s
Please append a correct "root=" boot option
/dev/root<5>VFS: Insert %s and press ENTER
/dev/console./<5>RAMDISK: Couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at
%d.
<5>RAMDISK: ext2 filesystem found at block %d
<5>RAMDISK: Minix filesystem found at block %d
<5>RAMDISK: cramfs filesystem found at block %d
<5>RAMDISK: romfs filesystem found at block %d
<5>RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block %d
|/-\/dev/ramRAMDISK: image too big! (%dKiB/%ldKiB)
..................................................
..................................................
..................................................