Subject: uninitialized variable in install_sigtramp()

From: Atsushi Nemoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:58:59 +0900 (JST)

This is a simple fix.  Removing the 'err' variable entirely could be
alternative fix while the return value of install_sigtramp().

Index: arch/mips/kernel/signal-common.h
===================================================================
RCS file: /home/cvs/linux/arch/mips/kernel/signal-common.h,v
retrieving revision 1.7
diff -u -r1.7 signal-common.h
--- arch/mips/kernel/signal-common.h	14 Jul 2005 12:05:05 -0000	1.7
+++ arch/mips/kernel/signal-common.h	7 Sep 2005 13:38:33 -0000
@@ -182,7 +182,7 @@
 static inline int install_sigtramp(unsigned int __user *tramp,
 	unsigned int syscall)
 {
-	int err;
+	int err = 0;
 
 	/*
 	 * Set up the return code ...
---
Atsushi Nemoto

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 15:02:31 +0100

> alternative fix while the return value of install_sigtramp().

Thanks, I've applied a slightly different fix.

  Ralf