Subject: Does oProfile support 4KE now?

From: "colin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:00:16 +0800

Hello,
From the CVS of oProfile
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/oprofile/oprofile/events/mips/, I
donot see 4KE in it.
Does this mean that we cannot use oProfile to profile 4KE right now?

Regards,
Colin

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:10:32 +0000

> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/oprofile/oprofile/events/mips/, I

The 4K processors don't implement performance counters which are required
for any serious use of Oprofile.  Lacking performance counters there is
always the fallback option of using the timer interrupt but of course
that means you won't be able to take advantage of much of Oprofile's
fancyness.

  Ralf