Subject: Irda support for au1100

From: Rodolfo Giometti <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:18:42 +0100

Doing:

   giometti@vvonth:/home/develop/linux.git$ rgrep CONFIG_AU1000_FIR *
   drivers/net/irda/Makefile:obj-$(CONFIG_AU1000_FIR)	+= au1k_ir.o

so I suppose that current Irda support for au1100 is broken... is that
right? :)

Some suggestions in order to help me to port it to the current kernel
release?

Thanks in advance,

Rodolfo

-- 

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    [email-masked]
Linux Device Driver                             [email-masked]
Embedded Systems                     		[email-masked]
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127

---

From: Pete Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:25:54 -0800

> so I suppose that current Irda support for au1100 is broken... is that

It hasn't been tested in a very long time. 

> Some suggestions in order to help me to port it to the current kernel

Compile it, see what's broken, and fix it :) It shouldn't be that bad.
You can see how the chip works in the current driver. All breakage
should be related to new kernel irda apis and such.

Pete