Subject: advice on JTAG

From: Rodolfo Giometti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:40:35 +0100

Hello,

I'm looking for a good JTAG system to debug a MIPS AU1100 based
board.

I'd like to have the possibility to put hardware and software break
points in u-boot and linux source code. Also I prefere a system who
completely supports the GNU/Linux system as host.

Can you please suggest me some links? :)

Thanks in advance,

Rodolfo

-- 

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    [email-masked]
Linux Device Driver                             [email-masked]
Embedded Systems                     		[email-masked]
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127

---

From: Wolfgang Denk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:48:08 +0100

> I'm looking for a good JTAG system to debug a MIPS AU1100 based

Abatron BDI2000...

> completely supports the GNU/Linux system as host.

...with firmware "bdiGDB".

> Can you please suggest me some links? :)

http://www.abatron.ch/products/xr/aspx/r.1/Sv.63713d7b43526570313d7b693d394f54565743484b33513244474b394a594556537d7d/rx/products_detail.htm

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

-- 
Software Engineering:  Embedded and Realtime Systems,  Embedded Linux
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: [email-masked]
Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the  occurence
of the improbable.                                    - H. L. Mencken

---

From: "Ed Okerson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 23:18:16 +0200 (EET)

I'll second that.  I own at least 6 different JTAG adapters for different
processors, and the BDI2000 is the best hands down.

Ed Okerson