Subject: Linux on handheld

From: Leonardo Silva Amaral <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 13:04:46 -0200

Hello!

I Want to run linux on my handheld NEC700, but using linux from
linux-mips.org and from kernel.org i give problems on compilation.

Thet does matter, linux-mips, give a parse error on vmlinux.ld. Some
onde have fixed it?

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------
   .,p**"*=b.
  ?P"  .__ `*b
|P  .d?'`&, 9|  Leonardo Silva Amaral
M:  |}   |- H'  MSN: [email-masked]
&|  `#?_._oH'   JABBER: [email-masked]
`H.   "`"`'     Site: http://blogdoleleo.no-ip.org
  `#?.          Mail: [email-masked]
    `^~.
------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 10:19:50 +0000

Oi,

> Thet does matter, linux-mips, give a parse error on vmlinux.ld. Some

I don't think we support the NEC700.  The error you're seeing is probably
a result of having chosen by a kernel configuration for a broken target,
which system did you configure for?

  Ralf

---

From: Leonardo Silva Amaral <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 09:18:52 -0200

Hi!

Im building for VR4120, that is my nec...

Thanks

--