Subject: Au1200 & IDE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:56:14 +0200

Hi,

drivers/ide/mips/au1xxx-ide.c includes ide-timing.h:

...
#include "ide-timing.h"
...

But that directory doesnt contain "ide-timing.h" so compiler complains from 
it. ide-timing.h is in ide folder. I did a grep and saw that some other 
dirs under ide also includes that file in the same manner as in mips but 
doesnt contain it in its own folder. After I did a sym link, compile was 
successfull. What's the concept behind this? Can we move it to 
include/linux?

--
Bora SAHIN

---

From: "Jordan Crouse" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:50:31 -0700

> include/linux.

I'm not sure about that - thats probably more of a question for the core
folks.  For your particular error, however, it should be sufficient to add

EXTRA_CFLAGS += -Idrivers/ide

To drivers/ide/mips/Makefile.  I do believe that the most recent patches
had that fix attached.

Jordan

-- 
Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer
AMD - Personal Connectivity Solutions Group
<www.amd.com/embeddedprocessors>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:58:18 +0200

> I do believe that the most recent patches had that fix attached.

Your IDE patches? 

I am using 2.6.15.rc4-g2b269cc6, and it is not there. 

--
Bora SAHIN

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:59:21 +0000

> To drivers/ide/mips/Makefile.  I do believe that the most recent patches

I nuked it - it just isn't necessary to force this for all drivers.  So
if anything, make that

  CFLAGS_au1xxx-ide.o += -Idrivers/ide

  Ralf