Subject: Big Endian Hello world instead of init?

From: Ashlesha Shintre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:08:50 -0800

Hi,

Process No. 1, the init process is not being spawned right by the
2.6.14.6 kernel for some reason on my board (Encore M3 with the AU1500
processor).  Hence in order to check whether the problem lies in user
space or kernel space, I compiled and linked the following hello world
program statically.  The board is Big Endian.  Thus, when I compile the
hello world program, I need to use a compiler option that will generate
Big Endian code -- is that correct?  The option being -EB.

Code:

#include<stdio.h>
int main()
{
	printf("Hello World\n");
	return 0;
}

I get the following message after the file system is mounted via NFS and
memory freed by the kernel:

> Failed to execute /bin/hello

Thanks,
Ashlesha.