Subject: ndv8601: boy, this is phantom

From: "Andras Joo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 00:46:16 +0200

Hi all,

I'm looking for information about the Mediamatics (National
Semiconductor) ndv8601.
This is a dvd-player SoC, with some nice features. I have it in a
Mivoc DSX-8500 dvd player which, btw, is a phantom too. The problem is
that so far I was unable to locate any useful information about
it/them. The Mivoc's site doesn't exist, and on Natsemi's I can't find
anything but some features list. I searched their site, in datasheet
archives and google, but there is only a general description of the
chip, or the player. OK, they are a little old, but still. I'd like to
port/run Linux to/on it, but the single useful information I found is
that it has a MIPS core. That's all. Hence I'm here.
If someone has some info about these I'd really appreciate it.
Actually, about any of the ndv84xx, ndv85xx or ndv86xx families of
chips. I think, if I could retrieve the firmware from the flash it
would help, but not knowing the pinout I am unable to locate the EJTAG
port (if it has any). Any ideas?

Best regards,
Joo Andras