Subject: upgrade toolchain(gcc-4.1)

From: 김민찬 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 14:56:55 +0900

Hi all. 
Currently I use gcc-3.4.4 in my mips board. 
I want to update my toolchain(gcc, glibc, binutil etc.. ) to latest new
toolchains( for example, gcc-4.1)
But, in http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Toolchains, Roll-your-own is
obsolete. Also, There isn't description about glibc. 
Thanks for sharing your information. 
Best Regards.

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 12:08:11 +0000

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 02:56:55PM +0900, ������ wrote:
> From:	������ <[email-masked]>

> obsolete. Also, There isn't description about glibc. 

Updating glibc is a little non-trivial due to compatibility issues, extra
patches requires, version dependencies to the build environment and other
constraints so I deciede to drop the glibc documentation when I replaced
the old MIPS Howto document with the current size.

The good news are that the glibc world is getting somewhat simpler again
so maybe it's time to re-introduce some glibc documentation.

That said glibc will probably always stay somewhat non-trivial and most
people are probably best off by just using binaries.

  Ralf