Subject: is there a standard high res timer patch for mips?

From: zhuzhenhua <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:18:35 +0800

hello, all
           i want to add the high res timer support for my kernel(version
2.6.14),and i found there are some patches:
 high-res-timers at sourceforge.net/projects/high-res-timers/high-res-timers
Jun Sun's patch at
http://linux.junsun.net/patches/oss.sgi.com/experimental/<http://linux.junsun.net/patches/oss.sgi.com/experimental/040419.a-cpu-timer.patch>
Thomas Gleixner's patch at http://www.tglx.de/projects/hrtimers/
     is there a standard high res timer patch for mips now?
     thanks for any hints

Best Regards

zzh

---

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:05:26 +0300

Hello.

>      is there a standard high res timer patch for mips now?

    Yes, Tohmas' patch is now included into the kernel.

> zzh

WBR, Sergei

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:14:04 +0000

>    Yes, Tohmas' patch is now included into the kernel.

And the upcoming 2.6.24 kernel will be the first to support it.

  Ralf