Subject: Re: [PATCH] SGISEEQ: use cached memory access to make driver work on IP28

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 16:57:11 -0500

Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:
> Following patch is clearly 2.6.25 material and is needed to get SGI IP28
> machines supported.
> 
> Thomas.
> 
> SGI IP28 machines would need special treatment (enable adding addtional
> wait states) when accessing memory uncached. To avoid this pain I changed
> the driver to use only cached access to memory.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>

applied.  As I have noted to you previously, /please/ put extraneous 
comments /after/ a "---" separator, so that they are not copied by 
git-am (Linus's email patch import tool) into the permanent kernel 
changelog.

The above should look like:

<snip>
SGI IP28 machines would need special treatment (enable adding addtional 
wait states) when accessing memory uncached. To avoid this pain I 
changed the driver to use only cached access to memory.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
---
Following patch is clearly 2.6.25 material and is needed to get SGI IP28 
machines supported.

Thomas.

  drivers/net/sgiseeq.c |  239 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
  1 files changed, 166 insertions(+), 73 deletions(-)
</snip>

See Documentation/SubmittingPatches for more details, in particular "14) 
The canonical patch format" or http://linux.yyz.us/patch-format.html

	Jeff