Subject: Where's C0 count/.compare IRQ is unmasked??

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 22:10:46 +0300

Hello.

    I'm dazed and confused -- please forget my ignorance but I fail to see 
where the count/compare interrupt is enabled by the most platforms but Alchemy 
(which does it in arch_init_irq() -- which is causing me trouble). I'd 
expected this to happev in cevr-r4k.c but no, it doesn't (unlike cevt-sb1250.c 
for example). I'd expected this to happen in the platform code but most 
platforms disable (or ignore) this IRQ in arch_init_irq() and ignore it in 
plat_time_init() (probably correctly)? Could anyone shed some light on this? 
Where is a proper place to do it?

WBR, Sergei

---

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 20:59:27 +0300

Hi, I wrote:

>    I'm dazed and confused -- please forget my ignorance but I fail to 
> see where the count/compare interrupt is enabled by the most platforms 
> but Alchemy (which does it in arch_init_irq() -- which is causing me 
> trouble). I'd expected this to happev in cevr-r4k.c but no, it doesn't 
> (unlike cevt-sb1250.c for example).

    In fact, it does, via setup_irq(), so ignorant I am. :-[

WBR, Sergei

---

From: "Ramgopal Kota" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 22:20:43 -0700

Hi ,

Ours is a embedded product with pre-defined flash partitions say "Boot"
, "Kernel" , "Rootfs" & "ProductData".
The kernel which is in the box (linux 2.6.14)has Boot partition as "RO"
(Read Only). We have a requirement in the field that the boot code
should be upgraded also.
Is there any possibility of changing the partition permissions at
run-time? If so how ? 
Our solution was to create a Kernel image Boot as RW, upgrade the kernel
& reboot. Later change the Boot code.

But we are seeing if we can avoid such situation by remounting the MTD
partition with a RW permission.

Ramgopal Kota

---

From: "Michael Wood" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:30:59 +0200

>  Is there any possibility of changing the partition permissions at

Does "mtd unlock" not work?

-- 
Michael Wood <[email-masked]>