Subject: [PATCH] check for gcc r10k-cache-barrier support

From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 12:28:51 +0100 (CET)

Check whether gcc supports -mr10-cache-barrier=1 and issue a cleaner
error message if not. This option is needed to build working SGI IP28
kernels.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
---

 arch/mips/Makefile |    7 +++++--
 1 files changed, 5 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/mips/Makefile b/arch/mips/Makefile
index 72097da..1c62381 100644
--- a/arch/mips/Makefile
+++ b/arch/mips/Makefile
@@ -482,10 +482,13 @@ endif
 # be 16kb aligned or the handling of the current variable will break.
 # Simplified: what IP22 does at 128MB+ in ksegN, IP28 does at 512MB+ in xkphys
 #
-#core-$(CONFIG_SGI_IP28)		+= arch/mips/sgi-ip22/ arch/mips/arc/arc_con.o
+ifdef CONFIG_SGI_IP28
+  ifeq ($(call cc-option-yn,-mr10k-cache-barrier=1), n)
+      $(error gcc doesn't support needed option -mr10k-cache-barrier=1)
+  endif
+endif
 core-$(CONFIG_SGI_IP28)		+= arch/mips/sgi-ip22/
 cflags-$(CONFIG_SGI_IP28)	+= -mr10k-cache-barrier=1 -Iinclude/asm-mips/mach-ip28
-#cflags-$(CONFIG_SGI_IP28)	+= -Iinclude/asm-mips/mach-ip28
 load-$(CONFIG_SGI_IP28)		+= 0xa800000020004000
 
 #

---

From: Ralf Baechle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 14:47:20 +0000

> error message if not. This option is needed to build working SGI IP28

Thanks, applied.

  Ralf