Subject: MIPS prelink question

From: Hiroki Kaminaga <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:47:01 +0900 (JST)

Hi!

I'm not sure if this is the right ML to ask, but since I've found
discussion about MIPS prelink here, I'm posting here...

In the below thread, patch for MIPS prelink was posted.
http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2006-11/msg00034.html

I've tried this patch, but I got below error when I tried to do prelink.

	No space in ELF segment table to add new ELF segment

On the montavista pro 5.0 note, I found that they have fixed above
prelink error, but I could not find the patch. Could someone give
me pointer to address this issue?

Thanks in Advance,

(Hiroki Kaminaga)
t
--

---

From: Thiemo Seufer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:19:15 +0000

> discussion about MIPS prelink here, I'm posting here...

The binutils list would be a better place.

> 	No space in ELF segment table to add new ELF segment

A bit more of the output would help with isolating the problem.
Anyway, IIRC there are two effects which cause this error:
 - Linking in binary objects which were built by a toolchain without
   prelink support, probably one of the compiler-internal startup files.
 - Use of an older version on binutils (from the time when the prelink
   patches went in), which still had a few issues with handling the
   additional segment.

> me pointer to address this issue?

I believe binutils 2.18 works fine WRT prelinking. I don't remember
the particular patches to watch out for, though.

Thiemo

---

From: Daniel Jacobowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 08:33:30 -0400

> me pointer to address this issue?

It should be in their prelink source package.  Or here:

  http://sourceware.org/ml/prelink/2007-q4/msg00001.html

-- 
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery

---

From: Hiroki Kaminaga <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 14:21:40 +0900 (JST)

Hi!

>   http://sourceware.org/ml/prelink/2007-q4/msg00001.html

Thank you very mauch for pointer. I'll try this out and tell you
the result!

(Hiroki Kaminaga)
t
--

---

From: Hiroki Kaminaga <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:53:28 +0900 (JST)

> Thank you very mauch for pointer. I'll try this out and tell you

With the patch from above URL, I'm now getting the working prelink!
Thanks a million!

(Hiroki Kaminaga)
t
--