Subject: Problem with compiling kernel on Octance R10K

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 20:52:05 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I am not quite sure, whether I am at the right point to put this question.
But, maybe someone can help me

I recently aquired a SGI Octane with R10k-processor. I tried to install
gentoo on it, as described here:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-mips.xml

I was using this gentoo-kernel: linux-2.6.22.6-20070902.ip30

It ended up with this failure-message:

  UPD     include/linux/compile.h
  CC      init/version.o
  LD      init/built-in.o
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
arch/mips/sgi-ip30/built-in.o: In function `mask_and_ack_heart_irq':
ip30-irq.c:(.text+0x57c): undefined reference to `ip30_irq_bridge'
ip30-irq.c:(.text+0x580): undefined reference to `ip30_irq_bridge'
ip30-irq.c:(.text+0x584): undefined reference to `ip30_irq_bridge'
ip30-irq.c:(.text+0x588): undefined reference to `ip30_irq_bridge'
arch/mips/sgi-ip30/built-in.o: In function `startup_heart_irq':
ip30-irq.c:(.text+0x760): undefined reference to `ip30_irq_bridge'
arch/mips/sgi-ip30/built-in.o:ip30-irq.c:(.text+0x764): more undefined
references to `ip30_irq_bridge' follow
arch/mips/sgi-ip30/built-in.o: In function `startup_heart_irq':
ip30-irq.c:(.text+0x794): undefined reference to `ip30_irq_in_bridge'
ip30-irq.c:(.text+0x798): undefined reference to `ip30_irq_in_bridge'
ip30-irq.c:(.text+0x79c): undefined reference to `ip30_irq_in_bridge'
ip30-irq.c:(.text+0x7a0): undefined reference to `ip30_irq_in_bridge'
arch/mips/sgi-ip30/built-in.o: In function `shutdown_heart_irq':
ip30-irq.c:(.text+0x910): undefined reference to `ip30_irq_in_bridge'
arch/mips/sgi-ip30/built-in.o:ip30-irq.c:(.text+0x914): more undefined
references to `ip30_irq_in_bridge' follow
arch/mips/sgi-ip30/built-in.o: In function `shutdown_heart_irq':
ip30-irq.c:(.text+0x938): undefined reference to `ip30_irq_bridge'
ip30-irq.c:(.text+0x93c): undefined reference to `ip30_irq_bridge'
ip30-irq.c:(.text+0x940): undefined reference to `ip30_irq_bridge'
ip30-irq.c:(.text+0x944): undefined reference to `ip30_irq_bridge'
arch/mips/sgi-ip30/built-in.o: In function `ip30_xtalk_setup':
: undefined reference to `bridge_probe'
arch/mips/sgi-ip30/built-in.o: In function `ip30_xtalk_setup':
: relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_26 against `bridge_probe'
arch/mips/mm/built-in.o: In function `free_initmem':
: undefined reference to `prom_free_prom_memory'
arch/mips/mm/built-in.o: In function `free_initmem':
: relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_26 against `prom_free_prom_memory'
arch/mips/arc/lib.a(init.o): In function `prom_init':
init.c:(.init.text+0x130): undefined reference to `prom_meminit'
init.c:(.init.text+0x130): relocation truncated to fit: R_MIPS_26 against
`prom_meminit'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1

Does anybody know, what I might do, to correct this problem?

Thank you in advance,

Markus