Subject: How to debug glibc-2.10.1 mips on linux multilib o32 ld or libc Segmentation fault?

From: Cheng Renquan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 11:48:59 +0800

Hello, all,
  Recently I have cross compiled GCC-4.4.1 with eglibc-2.10.1,
with a multilib configuration, o32/n32/n64, the result is that n32/n64
can work well, while o32 libs always Segmentation fault,

I have read this but still have no good idea on how to debug,

http://sources.redhat.com/glibc/wiki/Debugging/Development_Debugging

then I run it like this,

$ LD_DEBUG=all eglibc-install-root-o32/lib/ld.so.1 --library-path
$PWD/eglibc-install-root-o32/lib
eglibc-install-root-o32/usr/bin/locale

it ends with:

     30257:	symbol=__stack_chk_guard;  lookup in
file=eglibc-install-root-o32/usr/bin/locale [0]
     30257:	symbol=__stack_chk_guard;  lookup in
file=/mnt/nas/yutech/homes/user/eglibc-install-root-o32/lib/libc.so.6
[0]
     30257:	symbol=__stack_chk_guard;  lookup in
file=eglibc-install-root-o32/lib/ld.so.1 [0]
     30257:	binding file eglibc-install-root-o32/lib/ld.so.1 [0] to
eglibc-install-root-o32/lib/ld.so.1 [0]: normal symbol
`__stack_chk_guard' [GLIBC_2.4]
     30257:	
     30257:	calling init:
/mnt/nas/yutech/homes/user/eglibc-install-root-o32/lib/libc.so.6
     30257:	
Segmentation fault

So please give some inputs on how to resolve this? Thanks,

-- 
Cheng Renquan