Subject: [PATCH] MIPS: Alchemy: increase minimum timeout for 32kHz timer.

From: Manuel Lauss <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 17:37:29 +0100

Since a clocksource change post 3.2-rc1, tasks on my DB1500 board
hang after random amounts of time (from a few minutes to a few hours),
regardless of load.  Debugging showed that the compare-match register
value is a few seconds lower than the current counter value.

The minimum value of 8 was initialy determined by a trial-and-error
approach.  Currently it is sufficient for all Alchemys (without PCI
apparently), independent of CPU clock;  only the DB1500 and DB1550
boards experience these timer-related tasks hangs now.

This patch increases the minimum timeout by 1 (to 9 counter ticks)
which seems sufficient since the systems are still working perfectly
fine after over 24 hours.

Signed-off-by: Manuel Lauss <[email-masked]>
---
Please consider for 3.2

 arch/mips/alchemy/common/time.c |    2 +-
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/mips/alchemy/common/time.c b/arch/mips/alchemy/common/time.c
index a594a85..63ba51f 100644
--- a/arch/mips/alchemy/common/time.c
+++ b/arch/mips/alchemy/common/time.c
@@ -146,7 +146,7 @@ static int __init alchemy_time_init(unsigned int m2int)
 	cd->shift = 32;
 	cd->mult = div_sc(32768, NSEC_PER_SEC, cd->shift);
 	cd->max_delta_ns = clockevent_delta2ns(0xffffffff, cd);
-	cd->min_delta_ns = clockevent_delta2ns(8, cd);	/* ~0.25ms */
+	cd->min_delta_ns = clockevent_delta2ns(9, cd);	/* ~0.28ms */
 	clockevents_register_device(cd);
 	setup_irq(m2int, &au1x_rtcmatch2_irqaction);
 
-- 
1.7.8