Subject: Please recommend distro for Lemote Fuloong

From: Code Blue <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 16:02:22 +0000

Hi,

I just received a Lemote Fuloong Mini and I installed OpenBSD on it. I would
like to dual boot Linux but I am having a hard time finding the right distro.

I know Lemote and MIPS people are doing a lot of work and submitting patches
to the Linux kernel and binutils and I am sure many other areas. Can anyone
please recommend a Linux distro that will come with (or can install) a
recent kernel so I can take advantage of all this hard work people are
doing? Of course I will need a tarball or USB installer since the Fuloong
doesn't have an optical drive. Thank you.

-- 
                       _
ASCII ribbon campaign ( ) Please follow up to the mailing list
 against HTML e-mail   X       
   and proprietary    / \          Mutt.org
     attachments            Code Blue or Go Home!

---

From: Matt Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 16:52:41 -0700

> doesn't have an optical drive. Thank you.

Gentoo.

Join the #gentoo-mips IRC channel and ping 'blueness' since he's built
some very nice install stages and netboot images.

Also, we provide multilib installations with o32, n32, and n64 base
libraries (n32 is default).

---

From: John Long <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 10:54:06 +0000

> libraries (n32 is default).

Thanks a lot for the info. For now I have repartitioned the drive and used
all of it for OpenBSD. I hope to get another identical box in the next few
months and then I will look into Gentoo.