Subject: [PATCH] MIPS: octeon: fix DT pruning bug with pip ports

From: Faidon Liambotis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 01:08:09 +0300

During the pruning of the device tree octeon_fdt_pip_iface() is called
for each PIP interface and every port up to the port count is removed
from the device tree. However, the count was set to the return value of
cvmx_helper_interface_enumerate() which doesn't actually return the
count but just returns zero on success. This effectively removed *all*
ports from the tree.

Use cvmx_helper_ports_on_interface() instead to fix this. This
successfully restores the 3 ports of my ERLite-3 and fixes the "kernel
assigns random MAC addresses" issue.

Signed-off-by: Faidon Liambotis <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/mips/cavium-octeon/octeon-platform.c | 5 +++--
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/mips/cavium-octeon/octeon-platform.c b/arch/mips/cavium-octeon/octeon-platform.c
index 389512e..250eb20 100644
--- a/arch/mips/cavium-octeon/octeon-platform.c
+++ b/arch/mips/cavium-octeon/octeon-platform.c
@@ -334,9 +334,10 @@ static void __init octeon_fdt_pip_iface(int pip, int idx, u64 *pmac)
 	char name_buffer[20];
 	int iface;
 	int p;
-	int count;
+	int count = 0;
 
-	count = cvmx_helper_interface_enumerate(idx);
+	if (cvmx_helper_interface_enumerate(idx) == 0)
+		count = cvmx_helper_ports_on_interface(idx);
 
 	snprintf(name_buffer, sizeof(name_buffer), "interface@%d", idx);
 	iface = fdt_subnode_offset(initial_boot_params, pip, name_buffer);
-- 
1.8.3.2

---

From: Aaro Koskinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 22:09:57 +0300

> Signed-off-by: Faidon Liambotis <[email-masked]>

Tested-by: Aaro Koskinen <[email-masked]>

Thanks,

A.

---

From: David Daney <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 10:45:21 -0700

> Signed-off-by: Faidon Liambotis <[email-masked]>

Yes, this seems to be correct.  It doesn't seem to break my ebt3000 
board so...

Acked-by: David Daney <[email-masked]>

Ralf, please try to get it merged for 3.11, thanks.