Subject: Complete kernel source trees for ERLite-3.

From: "Steven J. Hill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 14:16:15 -0500

Hello.

If anyone is interested I have created the complete original kernel 
source trees for the v1.0.2, v1.1.0 and v1.2.0 firmware releases on the 
ERLite-3. They were made from the following components:

    COMMON
    * Cavium SDK 2.0.0 - free download from <cnusers.org>
    * git tag '2.6.32.13'

    V1.0.2
    * GPL.ERLite-3.v1.0.2.4507738.tbz2 - free download from <ubnt.com>
      * source/kernel_4503552-gcc4cdf7.tgz
      * source/cavm-executive_4493936-g009d77b.tgz

    V1.1.0
     * GPL.ER-e100.v1.1.0.4543695.tbz2 - free download from <ubnt.com>
       * source/kernel_4539683-g7b3312f.tgz
       * source/cavm-executive_4539683-g6868fcf.tgz

    V1.2.0
     * GPL.ER-e100.v1.2.0.4574253.tbz2 - free download from <ubnt.com>
       * source/kernel_4567941-g0568484.tgz
       * source/cavm-executive_4567941-gcc0028b.tgz

git repo:   git://git.linux-mips.org/pub/scm/sjhill/linux-sjhill.git
   branch:   erlite3-2.6
     tags:   erlite3-v1.0.2, erlite3-v1.1.0, erlite3-v1.2.0

I also created a 'arch/mips/configs/erlite3_defconfig' config file to 
make things easier. I can confirm that using the 'erlite3-v1.0.2' tag my 
built kernel worked perfectly with my ERLite-3, since it has not had a 
firmware upgrade yet. All the existing modules including the proprietary 
ones worked. However, do not mix kernel and firmware versions if you are 
going to build the kernel from source. Special thanks to An-Cheng Huang 
for his help and answering all my questions.

Steve

---

From: Aaro Koskinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 22:55:43 +0300

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 02:16:15PM -0500, Steven J. Hill wrote:
> source trees for the v1.0.2, v1.1.0 and v1.2.0 firmware releases on
> the ERLite-3. They were made from the following components:

You should be also able to run mainline kernels starting from v3.11-rc1,
but most likely only with your own userspace. The stuff you posted is of
course a valuable reference when improving the mainline kernel support
for this board.

A.